I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Fat Kids........ (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704581)

TheCoolinator May 3rd, 2010 10:12 AM

Fat Kids........

Quote:

Widespread use of the sweetener fructose may be directly responsible for some of the ongoing increase in rates of childhood diabetes and obesity, according to a study conducted by researchers from the University of California-Davis and published in the Journal of Clinical Investigation.

Fructose is a sugar that naturally occurs in low amounts in fruits and vegetables, making up as much as 5 to 10 percent of any given fruit by weight. In 1971, however, scientists discovered a way to synthesize a cheap syrup composed of 55 percent fructose and 45 percent glucose. Because normal table sugar is composed of only 50 percent fructose and 50 percent glucose, the sweetener was dubbed "high fructose corn syrup" (HFCS) and quickly became the most popular sweetener in the U.S. food and beverage industry.

HFCS is six times sweeter than sugar and costs only half as much.

Researchers put 16 volunteers on a controlled diet, supplemented with either fructose (derived from corn) or glucose. After 10 weeks, both groups of participants had gained equal amounts of weight. Participants in the fructose group, however, showed an increase of fat cells around major organs including their hearts and livers, and also underwent metabolic changes that are precursors to heart disease and diabetes.

"This is the first evidence we have that fructose increases diabetes and heart disease independently from causing simple weight gain," lead researcher Kimber Stanhope said. "We didn't see any of these changes in the people eating glucose."

The effect seems to occur because fructose is not broken down in the digestive system like other sugars are. Instead, it moves directly into the liver, where it interferes with that organ's ability to process fat.

The researchers noted that over the long term, participants on the fructose diet would also have gained more weight.

Health professionals agree that everyone could stand to cut back on their sugar intake.

"Historically, we never consumed much sugar," said Barry Popkin of the University of North Carolina, and a health policy adviser for the U.S. government. "We're not built to process it."

http://www.naturalnews.com/028698_fr..._diabetes.html

Nothing makes me angrier then a sweaty, over weight, wheezing, fat kid.......STOP EATING!

Zhukov May 3rd, 2010 12:30 PM

If you stop eating then you die.

Dimnos May 3rd, 2010 12:33 PM

I smell a death panel rationing out nutrition. >:

RaNkeri May 3rd, 2010 12:47 PM

I'm having hard time understanding why you are quoting the article in your post.

Colonel Flagg May 3rd, 2010 02:39 PM

It's because he hates you, RannyK. :\

Tadao May 3rd, 2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 582114)
You're so fucking fat Rankeri seriously

My lady and I were talking about it and she said she saw a fat American survey just recently that was really really depressing. It went from the 80's till now. There was a super huge jump in the 90's and then in the 2000's they had to add another color to the chart cause Americans got even fatter on a higher average.

This isn't wholly the fault of the younger generations though. This has everything to do with my generation an up making a lot of money on pushing a lazy lifestyle.

Pentegarn May 3rd, 2010 05:56 PM

I blame chili spaghetti

But if it weren't so damn delicious I wouldn't eat so much of it

10,000 Volt Ghost May 3rd, 2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 683653)
they had to add another color to the chart cause Americans got even fatter on a higher average.

:lol:lol:lol

Pentegarn May 3rd, 2010 06:25 PM

captain516 May 3rd, 2010 08:56 PM

Kids are lazy these days, is all. That and over protective parents won't let them do anything fun.

Evil Robot May 3rd, 2010 09:02 PM

coolinater thank you for pointing out that fat people are unhealthy I didnt know that until you copy and pasted again.
BTW when are you going to realize that you are a tool?

Esuohlim May 3rd, 2010 09:44 PM

Kids are lazy because video games are way more fucking fun than going outside any day.

mew barios May 3rd, 2010 11:27 PM

there were tons of times i had to go play outside as a kid because if those damn rocket ninjas in ninja gaiden killed me one more freaking time i was gonna go murder everyone i ever cared about

Blasted Child May 4th, 2010 03:40 AM

I just want to pop in and say that Jethro Tull is an awesome band.

Esuohlim May 4th, 2010 07:07 AM

Yeah if you like homos playing flutes. Get out of here, fatty

Zhukov May 4th, 2010 07:10 AM

You have to post more, Blasted Child.

Also, I am pretty sure that 8 out of ten of the world's most overweight countries are in Australasia and the South Pacific. :picklehat Suck that America.

Pentegarn May 4th, 2010 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 683692)
Yeah if you like homos playing flutes. Get out of here, fatty

Wait, what's wrong with homos playing flutes?

Esuohlim May 4th, 2010 08:51 AM

Nothing I like Jethro Tull too ;_;

TheCoolinator May 4th, 2010 08:55 AM

I think there would be less fat kids out there if we made them all do the Truffle Shuffle once or twice a day in front of large groups of people.

Shrubfest May 4th, 2010 10:28 AM

I don't get why people say it's the fault of gaming.

Yes, they sit and do no excercise, but surely they won't be consuming anything either? How do you eat marshmallow pizzas whilst going on a raid?
Thoughts please.

Zhukov May 4th, 2010 10:49 AM

Raid is WoW right? Anyway, you eat by shoving the lower part of your face into the bowl of food your mother balanced on the computer desk next to you, leaving your hands and eyes free to game.

TheCoolinator May 4th, 2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrubfest (Post 683722)
marshmallow pizzas

Thoughts please.

Sounds delicious.

But I think the article is alledging that it's do to artificial / High Fructose corn syrup based sweetners that have too high a fructose or glucose level thus making the kids tubby. Not video games. Even though it may contribute to the tubby-ness.

Tadao May 4th, 2010 12:47 PM

Shut the fuck up Coolie, she was making a joke. Are you really that fucking stupid? I guess you are.

Hey Coolie, you know who else needs to go outside and get some exercise?

Fathom Zero May 4th, 2010 12:50 PM

LOUIE ANDERTHON

TheCoolinator May 4th, 2010 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 683755)
Shut the fuck up Coolie, she was making a joke. Are you really that fucking stupid? I guess you are.

Hey Coolie, you know who else needs to go outside and get some exercise?

So this is what you're using your new Mod powers for? Giving me warnings for no reason.

:lol

Saw that coming from a mile away. I wonder what Mod is going to give you a warning for cursing, putting people down, and adding nothing to the forum as a whole...:lol:lol:lol Let's just say I won't hold my breath.

The Leader May 4th, 2010 01:23 PM

Did he actually give you an infraction or do you just think mocking posts are a warning?

Tadao May 4th, 2010 01:31 PM

He got an infraction and decided the best thing to do was ignore my warnings.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 4th, 2010 01:32 PM

Can you be logged in and banned?

The Leader May 4th, 2010 01:33 PM

Yes.

Sam May 4th, 2010 01:54 PM

IF I WAS A MOD

THIS WOULD HAVE PLAYED OUT THE EXACT SAME WAY, BUT WITH MORE CURSING ON MY PART.

WELL DONE, TADAO.

Tadao May 4th, 2010 02:13 PM

He was slowly working his way to a 1 day ban, but then he went and blew his wad way too early. I tried to flick his balls like Terra sugested, but that just excited him waaaay too much. :(

Chojin May 4th, 2010 03:51 PM

I reversed two of the infractions because one of them was classed inappropriately and the other was kinda frivolous.

The one with all the laughing emoticons and LOL MODS R FAGS I agree with infracting though.

Tadao May 4th, 2010 03:54 PM

But people in power and conspiracy and America? How can he martyr himself now? :(

Pentegarn May 4th, 2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 683766)
I wonder what Mod is going to give you a warning for cursing, putting people down, and adding nothing to the forum as a whole...:lol:lol:lol Let's just say I won't hold my breath.

That's pretty much how we are all supposed to act here.

There is no rule barring cussing

there is no rule barring putting people down (if you want that, go to i-courteous.com)

adding nothing to the forum is a subjective judgment, Tadao adds laughter

Feel free to respond to this if you come back in a month

Sam May 4th, 2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 683893)
I reversed two of the infractions because one of them was classed inappropriately and the other was kinda frivolous.

The one with all the laughing emoticons and LOL MODS R FAGS I agree with infracting though.

I BELIEVE I HAVE SOME FRIVOLOUS INFRACTIONS THAT NEED TO BE REVERSED.

AT LEAST ONE OF THEM. >:

Tadao May 4th, 2010 05:25 PM

I have 3 of them, BUT I TOOK IT LIKE A MAN!

Sam May 4th, 2010 05:28 PM

I DON'T NEED THE WHITE MAN AND THE YELLOW MAN OPPRESSING MY FREE BLACK SPIRIT.

Dimnos May 4th, 2010 05:40 PM

Back to fat kids damn it. >:

Kitsa May 4th, 2010 08:39 PM

I'm confused about Coolie :(

I looked like one of those bigeyed kids from (insert famine-stricken locale here) until I was about 14. Then I don't know what the fuck happened, but now I look like Mme Thernardier :(

Tadao May 4th, 2010 09:13 PM

http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/trends.html

Pentegarn May 4th, 2010 10:40 PM

According to that I am obese.

Zhukov May 5th, 2010 02:00 AM

Don't ban Coolie he's a great punching bag that this forum sorely requires. :\

Zhukov May 5th, 2010 02:02 AM

Also, what are "Referrals" in ones profile all about?

iluvmilk May 5th, 2010 02:10 AM

Fat people are fat because:

They eat too much-obviously
They are selfish
They may have emotion/psychological problems-but still not an excuse cuz they can use that pain and use it for something good...
They do not seek help to help themselves
They are stupid
They love food
They are bored
They don't notice when they are sitting down, playing video games, watching movies, sitting down
They are fatsos
They are like me.

Blasted Child May 5th, 2010 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 683693)
You have to post more, Blasted Child.

hm, okay...let's see.

I think without Coolinator, this forum has lost a bit of the much-needed dynamics it had going for a while.

Except for this very thread about fat kids, which didn't bring any originality at all (I can only speak for myself, but I get insta-bored when people try to evoke reactions by being exceedingly politically incorrect á la South Park (just because South Park does it well doesn't mean you do it well)) I think his activity here at least resulted in some decent comedy. It was lengthy at times, and a tad repetitious, but it made people engaged in the forum.

Zhukov May 5th, 2010 07:43 AM

No, I completely agree with you. It's a tried and true structure of this forum that has been going on for years. Ronnie Raygun, Vincezeb, One and Only, Kulturkampf... and now Coolinator. Someone to beat on and laugh at, basically, but with an air of respectability that comes with a political/philosophy board.

This is a comedy site, and I come to the political forum for comedy with politics, and in between that some actual serious and interesting discussions can be had.

The best part is that these characters are more than willing to embarrass themselves for our entertainment.

Fathom Zero May 5th, 2010 08:51 AM

Quit wanting, you'll last longer.

TheCoolinator May 5th, 2010 09:34 AM

I think it's just the food. If people were eating stuff without synthetics, preservatives, GMO, transfats, High Fructose corn syrups (I.E. Liquid fat) then we would see a lot nicer looking people. Instead of the water buffalo we have at present.

People need to eat. It doesn't mean they're selfish. It just means they're hungry. We need educated consumers. That's the solutions.

Chojin May 5th, 2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 684017)
I think it's just the food. If people were eating stuff without synthetics, preservatives, GMO, transfats, High Fructose corn syrups (I.E. Liquid fat) then we would see a lot nicer looking people. Instead of the water buffalo we have at present.

People need to eat. It doesn't mean they're selfish. It just means they're hungry. We need educated consumers. That's the solutions.

wat.

chemicals don't make people fat, calories do. if you eat more calories than you use, you will become fat. it doesn't matter what the calories are. you could eat a big mac every day and lose weight if that's the only thing you ate, and a guy that eats nothing but 20 boxes of "leancuisine" dinners every day would gain weight.

it isn't a terribly difficult concept to grasp, but every woman I talk to has the same retarded opinions about magic fat chemicals the evil government has added to our american diet.

TheCoolinator May 5th, 2010 10:30 AM

Your right to an extent,

People who eat more calories than they use will gain weight. I understand that but the issue here is chemicals, preservatives, Genetically modified organism, and different form of food (HFCS) that have never been used before by the bodies. Most of these synthetic ingredients have trouble being digested and often get stored in fat deposits.

High Fructose Corn syrup and Aspartme have been linked to pancreatic disorders similar to diabetes and GMOs have been linked to wide spread organ failure.

Like I said you're right but there is more than meets the eye.

Zhukov May 5th, 2010 10:31 AM

Yes, but The Coolinator believes that the government puts fluoride in the water to harm you.

TheCoolinator May 5th, 2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 684026)
Yes, but The Coolinator believes that the government puts fluoride in the water to harm you.

1. Can you post a quote of me saying that?

2. You think Fluoride is good for you? :\

Esuohlim May 5th, 2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 684032)
2. You think Fluoride is good for you? :\

Uh, it is.

Speaking as a materials scientist/engineer and therefore the resident EXPERT, I can lay some hard science on you about what fluorine does to hydroxyapatite on the atomic and microstructural level, so mind your p's and q's

TheCoolinator May 5th, 2010 11:41 AM

Sodium Fluoride.

Why does it say it's a poison on the back of every tooth paste tube? And why has it been assigned a hazard class of 6.1 (Poison) according to the US Department of transportation hazardous material regulations?

Chojin May 5th, 2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 684025)
People who eat more calories than they use will gain weight. I understand that but the issue here is chemicals, preservatives, Genetically modified organism, and different form of food (HFCS) that have never been used before by the bodies. Most of these synthetic ingredients have trouble being digested and often get stored in fat deposits.

lol, no.

if your body can't digest something, it gets passed into your bowel (for example, insoluble fiber). why on earth would our physiology be designed to pass things that we can't digest into fat deposits? if we can't digest it, why could we burn it for fuel? and if we could burn things we can't digest into fuel, why do we even bother to eat food? we could just chow down on dirt and gravel all day.

trans fats are bad because they increase harmful cholesterol levels (there are good types of cholesterol). all the same, your body produces all the cholesterol it needs and will actually limit the amount it outputs when you get more of it from your food. basically, you can eat all the bad or good cholesterol you want within reasonable limits. trans fats make you fat because they're dense and have a lot of calories. also, fat has a higher calorie count per gram than other nutrients.

Quote:

High Fructose Corn syrup and Aspartme have been linked to pancreatic disorders similar to diabetes and GMOs have been linked to wide spread organ failure.
Sugar has also been 'linked' to diabetes because diabetes involves insulin production and blood sugar levels. Therefore, fructose (fruit sugar), sucrose (table sugar), and any other sweetener will also be 'linked' to diseases caused by...a change in blood sugar. GASP

Quote:

Like I said you're right but there is more than meets the eye.
i invite you to actually look up the things you claim

Esuohlim May 5th, 2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 684039)
Sodium Fluoride.

Why does it say it's a poison on the back of every tooth paste tube? And why has it been assigned a hazard class of 6.1 (Poison) according to the US Department of transportation hazardous material regulations?

Because the amount put into the water is nowhere near a harmful dose by any stretch of the imagination. I could list a hundred things that you come into contact with every single day that contain extremely toxic substances (electronics, for example) and it's pretty much impossible to die from or be harmed by them

Chojin May 5th, 2010 12:01 PM

carbon dioxide is also a poison

better stop breathing

Tadao May 5th, 2010 12:11 PM

Don't use any cleaners when you wash you dishes, all that stuff leaves poison on your plates and forks.

Zhukov May 5th, 2010 12:18 PM

They say that the tiniest trickle of water will eventually forge the widest of rivers from what was once a mighty mountain.

Better stop drinking that water.

Tadao May 5th, 2010 12:24 PM

I bet Coolies breath smells awful.

Zhukov May 5th, 2010 12:31 PM

Also;

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov taking the PISH
I know, it's horrible. Basically they make all milk imported into the state extremely cheap, and all milk production here is either shut down, or crippled to a point where it can't function. This means that all mothers feed their children with government supplied milk. Milk that has less vitamins, minerals and calcium, while having more chemicals such as ammonium and fluoride.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolinator
I'm glad to see someone else knows about the dangers of fluoride. Here in the states peoples have been indoctrinated to believe it's actually good for them.

http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/showt...9704439&page=4

See? When someone asks a question (several times, even) you answer them directly rather than post a link to a blog about some other shit.

TheCoolinator May 5th, 2010 12:34 PM

I didn't say the government puts it in. Even though they do put it in some municipal water supplies. You made it sound like it was a giant conspiracy when its all out in the open.

The Fluoride deception is a good, free Documentary on google video that may shed some light on the subject.

Esuohlim May 5th, 2010 12:37 PM

My posts are a good free documentary to shed light on the subject too

Tadao May 5th, 2010 12:40 PM

Coolie, what are you eating today?

I plan on a day full of Tecate and tacos from a truck.

The Leader May 5th, 2010 12:41 PM

Coolie, could you address the counter points in Milhouse's post?

Dimnos May 5th, 2010 12:42 PM

As if. :lol

Zhukov May 5th, 2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 684060)
I didn't say the government puts it in. Even though they do put it in some municipal water supplies. You made it sound like it was a giant conspiracy when its all out in the open.

The Fluoride deception is a good, free Documentary on google video that may shed some light on the subject.

Fair enough, I was exaggerating for humour so I wont stick to the fact that you said it was the government.

See? People backing down from meaningless facts rather than defending them furiously before ignoring them once proven wrong. It happens.

So who does put the fluoride in the water? Peter Olzslag?

The Leader May 5th, 2010 12:49 PM

Peter Olzslag drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls.

Zhukov May 5th, 2010 12:53 PM

The infamous "helaldo van de la muerte".

TheCoolinator May 5th, 2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 684040)

if your body can't digest something, it gets passed into your bowel (for example, insoluble fiber). why on earth would our physiology be designed to pass things that we can't digest into fat deposits? if we can't digest it, why could we burn it for fuel? and if we could burn things we can't digest into fuel, why do we even bother to eat food? we could just chow down on dirt and gravel all day.

They don't always pass through the bowels, most of the time they get absorbed and stored in fat deposits. They also cause damage to the intestines and other organs which makes digestion inefficient.

Quote:

you can eat all the bad or good cholesterol you want within reasonable limits. trans fats make you fat because they're dense and have a lot of calories. also, fat has a higher calorie count per gram than other nutrients.

I think the first part of your statement is somewhat contradictory. If there are "limits" then you can't eat all you want...right?

And we aren't making the distinction of which foods the individual is eating. Sythetic / GMO or organic. This in itself really has a large impact on how fat a person is and how healthy they are. Food additive free diets are proven to produce quick results in the health of a regular individual no matter the age.

Quote:

MSG-Induced Obesity
MSG is injected into laboratory rats to induce obesity. It also has been shown to increase appetite in male rats and to induce obesity in female rats and chickens. Scientists in Spain have recently concluded that MSG when given to mice increase appetite by as much as 40%.

http://www.msgtruth.org/obesity.htm
Quote:

Sugar has also been 'linked' to diabetes because diabetes involves insulin production and blood sugar levels. Therefore, fructose (fruit sugar), sucrose (table sugar), and any other sweetener will also be 'linked' to diseases caused by...a change in blood sugar. GASP

High fructose corn syrup is not sugar. Its a synthetic based sweetner which are grown from genetically modified corn. The phrase "High Fructose" in HFCS indicates that it has a higher fructose level. This higher level of fructose puts a lot of pressure on the body. There is a difference between sugar and sweetners and they have very different effects on the people who use them.

Quote:

"Historically, we never consumed much sugar," said Barry Popkin of the University of North Carolina, and a health policy adviser for the U.S. government. "We're not built to process it."
And this quote is from the original article at the beginning of the thread. The first thing I say to myself after reading this is if we're not built to process this.......then how can we possibly be built to process synthetics, preservatives, additives, and other genetically modified ingredients?

Esuohlim May 5th, 2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 684073)
The phrase "High Fructose" in HFCS indicates that it has a higher fructose level.

Well here's one sentence we can all agree upon at least

TheCoolinator May 5th, 2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 684076)
Well here's one sentence we can all agree upon at least

Then we can also agree that this synthetic form of sweetner has a different chemical make up than normal sugar. Which would then lead us to believe that synthetic forms of food and food additives are the most likely culprit to obesity.

Dimnos May 5th, 2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

You sure do buddy. You sure do. :)

Esuohlim May 5th, 2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 684078)
Then we can also agree that this synthetic form of sweetner has a different chemical make up than normal sugar. Which would then lead us to believe that synthetic forms of food and food additives are the most likely culprit to obesity.

If you think you're so smart how come you can't tell when you're being mocked

TheCoolinator May 5th, 2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 684082)
If you think you're so smart how come you can't tell when you're being mocked

I don't think I'm smart and I just don't react to the mocking. Why react when you can just continue the conversation?

Colonel Flagg May 5th, 2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 684039)
Sodium Fluoride.

Actually, toothpaste contains Sodium Monofluorophosphate. And while you can't eat it straight, in toothpaste it has been clinically shown to reduce the incidence of tooth decay. By the way, that's why you've been told since you've been old enough to understand that you aren't supposed to eat toothpaste - you brush, rinse and spit. Same with fluoride rinses (ACT, Phos-flur, etc).

Sodium fluoride is used in fluoridation of water, and is present in such low doses so the beneficial effects (reduction of tooth decay) far outweigh any potential health effects (fluorosis, digestive issues).

As far as ingesting a "poison", well you'll most likely suffer some severe digestive consequences if you eat straight capsaicin, but that doesn't stop people from eating habañero peppers.

Tadao May 5th, 2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 684086)
I don't think I'm smart and I just don't react to the mocking. Why react when you can just continue the conversation?

Because, this isn't I-Continuetheconversationery.com

Colonel Flagg May 5th, 2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 684060)

Coolie, don't be a sheep. Don't believe what you see on "google video" and go read a biochemistry book, or even look up the FDA regulations where they incorporate the experimental data on the health benefits of fluoridation by reference.

Seriously it costs money to fluoridate water. Why on earth would we spend money doing something that would cause us harm?

Oh, now I've done it. IT'S A DEATH PANEL CONSPIRACY!!!!!

RaNkeri May 5th, 2010 02:04 PM

Quote:

The first thing I say to myself after reading this is if we're not built to process this.......then how can we possibly be built to process synthetics, preservatives, additives, and other genetically modified ingredients?

You shouldn't believe everything you read, nor take it literally. One proof of the fact that human GI tract is build to process sugars are the various glucosidases we have.

We aren't built to process synthetics, preservatives, additives etc., they are built to mimic the ingredients that we can process.

TheCoolinator May 5th, 2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 684089)
Sodium fluoride is used in fluoridation of water, and is present in such low doses so the beneficial effects (reduction of tooth decay) far outweigh any potential health effects (fluorosis, digestive issues)..

Look closely Zhukov,

Potential health effects? Meaning bone cancer, lowered IQ levels, neurological diseases, and birth defects?

Beneficial effects? Fluorosis isn't a beneficial effect. The fluoride they use is a by product of aluminum smelting plants. It isn't calcium fluoride as in the mineral. It's Sodium fluoride as in the poison.

Sodium fluoride was first used in concentration camps during the second world war to create an atmosphere of docility amongst the inmates. Sodium fluoride has also been used in laboratory experiments on rats to observe their behavior. All of which were found to be negative effects on the animals.

and.....

Quote:

Kangaroos poisoned by fluoride

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/02/23/2827687.htm
I bet those Kangaroos have bright healthy smiles now. Thank god they got a nice dose of fluoride.

Esuohlim May 5th, 2010 02:12 PM

THE AMOUNT OF SODIUM FLUORIDE IN WATER IS NOWHERE NEAR A HARMFUL DOSE. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

I posted this once already. Read it this time.

Plus you completely misunderstood the Flagg post you just quoted

TheCoolinator May 5th, 2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 684098)
THE AMOUNT OF SODIUM FLUORIDE IN WATER IS NOWHERE NEAR A HARMFUL DOSE. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

But it's still considered a poison? I don't understand the disconnect here. Either it's a poison or it isn't. It doesn't matter how low the quantity is, it's still in there and people are still drinking, bathing, cooking, and cleaning their clothes in it.

Why should I brush my teeth with a paste that says "Warning call poison control "on it? And how much of it is getting absorbed into my gums and then into my blood stream? I don't feel comfortable with that at all. Nor am I comfortable with the government medicating their populations with a well know industrial poison.

RaNkeri May 5th, 2010 02:23 PM

You know, most of the medicines people use are poisonous when taken in great amounts, maybe they should not be prescribed at all?

Tadao May 5th, 2010 02:24 PM

That's like how when I called Carbon Monoxide a poison and you said how it's not.

Esuohlim May 5th, 2010 02:25 PM

People clean their clothes with bleach too. Are you really this stupid?

Colonel Flagg May 5th, 2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 684098)

It isn't the first time, nor will it be the last. :rolleyes

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 684101)
But it's still considered a poison? I don't understand the disconnect here. Either it's a poison or it isn't. It doesn't matter how low the quantity is, it's still in there and people are still drinking, bathing, cooking, and cleaning their clothes in it.

Why should I brush my teeth with a paste that says "Warning call poison control "on it? And how much of it is getting absorbed into my gums and then into my blood stream? I don't feel comfortable with that at all. Nor am I comfortable with the government medicating their populations with a well know industrial poison.

Munching on a bar of potassium would probably be fatal, and injecting potassium solution into the bloodstream can kill you, but neither of these facts take away from the fact that your body NEEDS potassium to function properly.

Again, buy a biochemistry textbook. Read it. Understand it. And don't believe every darned blog and video you come across on the internet.

Colonel Flagg May 5th, 2010 02:28 PM

I think I may have just come up with a solution. Stop eating and drinking. That will prevent "them" from contaminating my bodily fluids.

Colonel Flagg May 5th, 2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 684104)
That's like how when I called Carbon Monoxide a poison and you said how it's not.

When was this? And how did I miss this? :lol

Tadao May 5th, 2010 02:37 PM

It was in the Climate debate threads. I am tipsy, though.

TheCoolinator May 5th, 2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaNkeri (Post 684103)
You know, most of the medicines people use are poisonous when taken in great amounts, maybe they should not be prescribed at all?

People don't take medicine in great amounts and most designer drugs today can be swapped with organic suppliments instead.

Vioxx anyone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 684106)
Munching on a bar of potassium would probably be fatal, and injecting potassium solution into the bloodstream can kill you, but neither of these facts take away from the fact that your body NEEDS potassium to function properly.

The human body doesn't need Sodium fluoride to function properly. It's actually the opposite, it doesn't function properly WITH sodium fluoride because its a poison and affects the nervous system, skeletal structure, and numerous other organs systems.

just type in MSDS sodium fluoride.

Quote:

Again, buy a biochemistry textbook. Read it. Understand it. And don't believe every darned blog and video you come across on the internet.
I can't disprove the fluoride deception documentary. Free on google video.

Tadao May 5th, 2010 02:45 PM

In fact I meant Dioxide. DON'T JUDGE ME!

Esuohlim May 5th, 2010 02:46 PM

The air you breathe has more poison in it than your goddamn sodium fluoride toothpaste you mongoloid

RaNkeri May 5th, 2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 684111)
People don't take medicine in great amounts and most designer drugs today can be swapped with organic suppliments instead.

People don't use tooth paste in great amounts, nor drink water in great amounts

RaNkeri May 5th, 2010 02:49 PM

I can't disprove common sense

TheCoolinator May 5th, 2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaNkeri (Post 684114)
People don't use tooth paste in great amounts, nor drink water in great amounts

But prescription medication is prescribed in specific amounts for a specific amount of time.

You cannot measure the intake of Sodium fluoride because you constantly coming in contact with it. Every day you get up brush your teeth, Sodium fluoride gets absorbed in your gums and soft tissue, you may swallow some of it as well, then you drink some water with sodium fluoride in it, then you make food with sodium fluoride water.

How much sodium fluoride does a person ingest throughout the day? and is it safe?

Dimnos May 5th, 2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Spoilers!

Quote:

Spoilers!

RaNkeri May 5th, 2010 02:55 PM

Prescription free drugs can be lethal in great amounts.

Vitamins are lethal in great amounts

The list goes on

TheCoolinator May 5th, 2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaNkeri (Post 684118)
Prescription free drugs can be lethal in great amounts.

Vitamins are lethal in great amounts

The list goes on

Yes, but,

Sodium Fluoride is not a drug nor is it a vitamin. It's a poison and has no medicinal value.

RaNkeri May 5th, 2010 03:09 PM

Sodium fluoride has medical value

it is not poisonous if not taken in great amounts

Tadao May 5th, 2010 03:13 PM

Osteoporosis for one.