I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Going Catholic (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69703983)

bigtimecow Feb 14th, 2010 11:11 AM

i don't know too much about religion, but i do know that denouncing evolution makes you a fucking idiot

carl sagan for life yo

Perndog Feb 17th, 2010 11:10 PM

1. Carl Sagan is dead

2. Does this mean OAO's legendary wang is now "coeternal", Seth?

Fathom Zero Feb 17th, 2010 11:42 PM

I ate a burger today. :(

Esuohlim Feb 17th, 2010 11:49 PM

ME TOO :lol

Sam Feb 18th, 2010 12:30 AM

Me three :lol

executioneer Feb 18th, 2010 10:02 AM

i'd be more impressed with yalls burgereating if it was tomorrow, yo :threadrelevant

Esuohlim Feb 18th, 2010 12:00 PM

You're not supposed to burger on ash wednesday either :(

executioneer Feb 18th, 2010 12:13 PM

oh haha wnhoops shows what i know :lol

Perndog Feb 18th, 2010 05:05 PM

I saw a chick at Chipotle yesterday with some gray shit on her forehead, and I said "hey, you've got dirt on your face." She got a little pissed.

Dimnos Feb 18th, 2010 05:22 PM

:lol

Esuohlim Feb 18th, 2010 05:28 PM

If you're like me and find female irreligion sexy as hell, there's nothing quite as disheartening as seeing the girls you find attractive with that stupid forehead cross :(

Or female satanism, I guess, in your case

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 18th, 2010 05:56 PM

I've been meaning to make a "Catholic or Bust" sign for this thread but never remember to make it when I get home.

Tadao Feb 18th, 2010 05:58 PM

my girl is catholic

Esuohlim Feb 18th, 2010 06:31 PM

Get dragged to church often?

Tadao Feb 18th, 2010 06:43 PM

Nah, she's not super catholic, she's almost not catholic.

Sam Feb 18th, 2010 08:02 PM

I ate a hamburger today too :(

Esuohlim Feb 18th, 2010 08:47 PM

It's a sin to not eat a daily hamburger >:

kahljorn Feb 18th, 2010 08:58 PM

if it wasn't for jack in the box advertising cheap fish filets sandwiches i wouldn't even know its almost lint or whatever

executioneer Feb 19th, 2010 12:52 AM

all i care about is the free pancakes next tuesday :kevinsmith

TheCoolinator Mar 8th, 2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The One and Only... (Post 668082)
This is religion too, right?

I'm going Catholic. Make baby Sethomas proud.

I'm still wanking and having premarital sex though. Fuck all that.

I'm assuming that Sethomas is a family member of sorts. All I have to say is Congrats!

You don't have to take it too seriously. Just think of it like this, at least you get a discount when you send your kids to religious class and are able to be married in there nice churches. Catholics have the best chapels.

Zhukov Mar 8th, 2010 11:15 AM

Why would you congratulate someone who is straying from the paved path of science and wisdom, and wandering foolhardily down the filthy track of ignorance and myth?

Not that OAO ever had any wisdom.

TheCoolinator Mar 8th, 2010 11:32 AM

To be honest I would usually just say an indifferent "OK" to a person who has just told me that he / she converted to a different religion but since I'm was in a good mood I believe a "congrats" was in order. And to think of it, Its very difficult to actually go and take religious classes these days. Everyones lives are full of distractions and are very hectic. My brother-in-law had to do it as well before him and my sister got married. It was difficult for him going to seminars, taking tests, reading books, then the ending ceremonies.

Regarding the whole Science and wisdom and ignorance and myth thing.

I think of religion is similar to philosophy on many levels. You read it. Decipher the meanings of the text individually and go out into your life trying to use them to the best of your abilities.

Example: If I read Plato's Republic I get an idea of how Socrates in book 1 defined Justice. Virtue and Wisdom. While when I read the new testament I see how (God, Jesus whoever) define goodness. Charity, mercy, benevolence. All it is, is more information that can be used to better ones self and better the community as a whole in real life. If used properly.

Science is great and all but in the past few years I've lost a lot of faith in it. I read too many articles of Pharmaceutical companies killing people with their medicine and other nefarious dealings in the realm of big business controlling the funding for "scientific" studies.

The Leader Mar 8th, 2010 12:09 PM

That's not really science, that's pharmaceutical companies and big business.

TheCoolinator Mar 8th, 2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Leader (Post 675134)
That's not really science, that's pharmaceutical companies and big business.

We know that but does everyone else?

It takes a ton of people dropping dead for there to be a recall of some of these medications and now take a look at the whole "Global Warming / Climate change" thing. They just found out that some scientists were fudging the numbers. It took a hacker to break into their e-mail accounts and get copies of the letters where the head of the "science" team was telling the rest of the underlings to make the climate measurements higher then they really were.

Like I said above, in the past few years I don't trust anything that's being said by so called "experts" or "scientists". Most of them are just paid prostitutes for whoever is funding them. Only on seldom occasion we see a whistleblower or an act of God (no pun intended) to bring the truth to the surface.

Colonel Flagg Mar 8th, 2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoolinator (Post 675144)
It takes a ton of people dropping dead for there to be a recall of some of these medications and now take a look at the whole "Global Warming / Climate change" thing. They just found out that some scientists were fudging the numbers. It took a hacker to break into their e-mail accounts and get copies of the letters where the head of the "science" team was telling the rest of the underlings to make the climate measurements higher then they really were.

:rolleyes