I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Happy Days (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4696)

Miss Modular Jul 19th, 2003 12:59 AM

Happy Days

You know, I used to love this show as a little kid, save for the Ted McGinley-era episodes. Now I can't watch this show post season 3 without suspending disbelief.

Jixby Phillips Jul 19th, 2003 07:49 AM

Mostly I don't like Happy Days except the episode where they go on the blind date with Laverne and Shirly and the episode where the Fonz goes blind.

kellychaos Jul 19th, 2003 09:45 AM

For a while there, it seemed like there were a number of actor's sporting the "Ted McGinley"-esque look. The most prominent in my mind being the next-door husband on "Married With Children" plus a host of others in teenage vacation movies.

agroskaterik Jul 19th, 2003 11:09 AM

eeyyyy

Zebra 3 Jul 19th, 2003 09:35 PM

:) - I saw the cast just last week on A&E's Biography - Cult TV week. Da Fonz was one of the few cool characters on American network TV. It was fun sitcom, I liked it.

Daphne Jul 20th, 2003 09:06 AM

when I was 2, I had short red hair and was a tom-boy, and I used to tell policemen/stangers that my name was Richie Cunningham.

Mockery Jul 20th, 2003 12:39 PM

I just realized that I haven't seen a full episode of this show in like 10 years. I used to watch it ALL the fucking time, along with The Monkees TV show on Nick. Damn I miss watching those shows...

Cap'n Crunch Jul 20th, 2003 02:03 PM

I get TV Land, and they still show it. One time Fonz said, "Let's party," and they started to make out. Since when is the word party 2 people making out?

kellychaos Jul 21st, 2003 11:12 AM

Interesting south Korean Side Note:

An infamously famous :rolleyes spinoff of "Happy Days" entitled "Joanie Loves Chachi" raised some eyebrows in the lil' peninsula country upon it's airing as the Korea word for penis sounds very similiar to "Chachi". Hilarity ensued. :)

Ooner Jul 21st, 2003 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellychaos
For a while there, it seemed like there were a number of actor's sporting the "Ted McGinley"-esque look. The most prominent in my mind being the next-door husband on "Married With Children"

:lol that was Ted McGinley :(

Zbu Manowar Jul 21st, 2003 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery
I just realized that I haven't seen a full episode of this show in like 10 years. I used to watch it ALL the fucking time, along with The Monkees TV show on Nick. Damn I miss watching those shows...

If you have $60-$70 to spend, get the Monkees Season One Boxset. I've been pondering it but so far that Spaghetti Western Boxset has got my eye....

kellychaos Jul 23rd, 2003 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ooner
Quote:

Originally Posted by kellychaos
For a while there, it seemed like there were a number of actor's sporting the "Ted McGinley"-esque look. The most prominent in my mind being the next-door husband on "Married With Children"

:lol that was Ted McGinley :(

It was? :/ Weren't there a few more look-a-likes around sporting a similiar look during the 80's?

Zebra 3 Jul 24th, 2003 06:05 PM

:lol - Oh God, you were serious!