I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   ****BAD NEWS FOR EARTH, maybe..**** (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13675)

Dole Sep 4th, 2004 06:49 AM

****BAD NEWS FOR EARTH, maybe..****

From the BBC news website:
Quote:

a new opinion poll has given Mr Bush his biggest lead for several months over Mr Kerry.

The Time magazine poll, taken during this week's Republican convention, gives Mr Bush an 11% advantage, as both sides resume their campaigning schedules.

Part of the Bush advantage could be explained by the intense media focus on the convention, says the BBC's Jill McGivering in Washington.

In the poll, President Bush scored best on issues at the heart of the Republican campaign - questions of strong leadership and his handling of what he calls the war on terror.

That may concern Democrats, wondering if the Republican formula is starting to work, our correspondent says.

However, analysts caution that individual polls can be misleading and it is too soon to know how long this post-convention boost will last.

Zhukov Sep 4th, 2004 07:30 AM

Who the fuck votes for someone based on how well a convention goes, then changes their mind after the "post-convention" excitement wears off?

Dole Sep 4th, 2004 07:44 AM

Wazzocks. Of the highest order.

davinxtk Sep 4th, 2004 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dole
Wazzocks. Of the highest order.

read: Americans.

Ronnie Raygun Sep 4th, 2004 09:40 AM

"Who the fuck votes for someone based on how well a convention goes, then changes their mind after the "post-convention" excitement wears off?"

For Kerry, there was no "post-convention" excitement.

He actually dropped in the polls after the convention.

What does that tell you?

AChimp Sep 4th, 2004 10:45 AM

It tells me that America is a nation full of boobs and twits.

Zhukov Sep 4th, 2004 10:51 AM

Quote:

For Kerry, there was no "post-convention" excitement.

He actually dropped in the polls after the convention.

What does that tell you?
Sticking to the formula, it tells me he had a bad convention. Did he have a problem with the baloons falling for the ceiling or something? Did the CD player skip when he was lowered from the roof via a gigantic crane?

Too many flip flops????

Ronnie Raygun Sep 4th, 2004 11:52 AM

"It tells me that America is a nation full of boobs and twits."

That good. I would want someone like you to be feel that way. I means we are doing something right.

mburbank Sep 4th, 2004 01:04 PM

""Who the fuck votes for someone based on how well a convention goes, then changes their mind after the "post-convention" excitement wears off?"

"For Kerry, there was no "post-convention" excitement. "

What does it tell you when someone bothers to quote a question, but doesn't make any attempt at answering it?

ranxer Sep 4th, 2004 01:58 PM

bad news indeed, but i expect those numbers will be challenged by reality soon.

Quote:

analysts caution that individual polls can be misleading
i think there would have been a bump after the dnc if we saw a bigger difference from the repubs, instead kerry and co. tried to outmilitary the military party, that was quite a disappointment for more than a few ppl. the left would have given kerry a bump if he had come out against military solutions to our problems.

seems to me that the rnc has successfuly invigorated the fundamentalis christian and more moderate(schwarzenneger conservatives) right with campaign blitz, glitz, and foxified lies. despite the large numbers of opposition relegated to a diverse abb campaign.

[/quote]

punkgrrrlie10 Sep 4th, 2004 04:06 PM

hmmm wierd...I heard the RNC got a 0 share, which means the only people who were fueled were people there????