I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

Jeanette X Jun 19th, 2008 01:24 PM

The Cell, starring Jennifer Lopez and Vince Vaughn. I was pretty impressed with Vince Vaughn, I actually bought him as a detective.

Fathom Zero Jun 19th, 2008 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 562005)
A rare Fritz the Cat reference. My sister finally burned me my own copy the other day.

You're sister's cool. Can I get her number?

Pub Lover Jun 19th, 2008 11:37 PM

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension.

I just watched this for the first time. It is distilled 80's Awesome and I demand a sequel be made. Hell, I want every movie to use it as a template. :eek

HickMan Jun 20th, 2008 04:25 AM

Zoolander and Apocalypse Now

Ant10708 Jun 20th, 2008 01:53 PM

Bruce Campbelll vs. Army of Darnkeness

enjoyed it alot, was my first time seeing it

Ant10708 Jun 20th, 2008 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanette X (Post 562188)
The Cell, starring Jennifer Lopez and Vince Vaughn. I was pretty impressed with Vince Vaughn, I actually bought him as a detective.

I cringed so bad when the guy got his nipples ripped off! I'm 22 and I was like 16 when I saw that and still remember how disturbing nipple ripping is.

MetalMilitia Jun 20th, 2008 03:24 PM

Falling Down. Decent film which really brought into sharp focus just how far "Edmond" missed the mark.

Fathom Zero Jun 20th, 2008 04:00 PM

Michael Clayton. I think my expectations for it kept it from being a great movie for me, but it was still very good. Somehow, it just felt to me like Steven Soderbergh was involved and damn if I wasn't right. Syndey Pollack did well, as did Tom Wilkinson and Clooney.

liquidstatik Jun 22nd, 2008 12:47 AM

I watched Jumper, and it wasn't that bad. the scenery was pretty. :o

bigtimecow Jun 22nd, 2008 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 562405)
Michael Clayton. I think my expectations for it kept it from being a great movie for me, but it was still very good. Somehow, it just felt to me like Steven Soderbergh was involved and damn if I wasn't right. Syndey Pollack did well, as did Tom Wilkinson and Clooney.

this movie has one of the best lines i've ever heard (not only is the line great, but the delivery from clooney is just amazing):

Spoilers!

anyway, the last movie i watched is american pie

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 28th, 2008 03:59 AM

The Signal. Where this signal is broadcast across t.v. radio phones. If you hear it or watch it you become delusional and go into kill mode. So not everyone has the crazy.

"Do...you..Have the Crazy!?!?!"

MetalMilitia Jun 28th, 2008 12:30 PM

21 - I read about half the book which it was based on last year and enjoyed it. The film wasn't so great. Too long and not very interesting.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 30th, 2008 05:28 PM

kung-fu Panda and Get Smart at the drive-in. Both movies were surprisingly really good. I love the summer for drive-in theaters, double the movies for the same price.

Dannibal Jun 30th, 2008 08:39 PM

Lust, Caution by Ang Lee. Kind of long and drawn out. I really liked the amateur revolutionary bit in the beginning.

Kitsa Jun 30th, 2008 09:26 PM

Watched two movies yesterday: Be Kind, Rewind and Surviving the Game.

Be Kind, Rewind had its moments but was overall a little bit of a letdown. Jack Black is funny, but it seems like he's always more or less the same character. Mos Def was surprisingly good, though.

I'd been wanting to see Surviving the Game ever since I heard it was being made- I love the short story. They took a few liberties and there were more than a few plotholes and production goofs, but what the hell. Gary Busey is legitimately scary and I don't even think he was acting.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 30th, 2008 10:46 PM

I loved Be Kind, Rewind. Jack Black is okay but Mos is good times.

Also, Gary Busey needs to run for mayor.

Kitsa Jul 1st, 2008 08:25 AM

Here's just a small illustration. I give you, Gary Busey in Surviving the Game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-nVb0JaKJY

Guitar Woman Jul 1st, 2008 10:22 PM

I saw Wall-e today!

It was incredibly cute and I hearted it. I felt sort of weird that I was the only one in the theater who got the Macintosh startup sound joke.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 2nd, 2008 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 565119)
Here's just a small illustration. I give you, Gary Busey in Surviving the Game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-nVb0JaKJY

I remember watching this movie in an English class and just thinking "What the hell?"

Also, just finished watching Tales from the Hood. Still awesome.

"Ah yes, the SHIT"

HickMan Jul 2nd, 2008 04:29 AM

Zombie Rednecks. I don't think I've ever seen a worse movie in my life.

Kybo Ren Jul 3rd, 2008 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HickMan (Post 565394)
Zombie Rednecks. I don't think I've ever seen a worse movie in my life.

I love that movie! Fern Mertz rules! "I don't even have to put a bag over her head"

Futurama: Beast with a Billion Backs
AWESOME! big score was a little off, but this one "Nailed It!" go Bender go

Dixie Jul 3rd, 2008 01:35 PM

Hickman, there is worse. I urge you to find Zombie 90: Extreme Pestilence.

In other news, I just watched Sunshine. It was MUCH better than I had expected.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 3rd, 2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kybo Ren (Post 565658)

Futurama: Beast with a Billion Backs
AWESOME! big score was a little off, but this one "Nailed It!" go Bender go

I actually liked Bender's big score a lot more than I did Billion Backs. Backs seemed like a lot of unnecessary character throw ins.

HickMan Jul 9th, 2008 04:43 AM

If there is a worse movie, I'm staying away from it. I honestly felt ill halfway through and stopped watching it.

Wild Wallace Jul 9th, 2008 01:21 PM

Hancock. It was great, but I felt they could've done more with it.