I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Important Things I Learned From Watching Beetlejuice (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69708786)

MockBot Sep 13th, 2012 04:16 AM

Important Things I Learned From Watching Beetlejuice

Automatically generated comment thread for Important Things I Learned From Watching Beetlejuice.

The_Punk_Hippie Sep 13th, 2012 05:48 PM

& here I thought I was the only one who loved what they did with the house

monster_movie_night Sep 13th, 2012 07:24 PM

It's seem loads of them can't truly distinguish what's the other side is like.But this is a strange way of putting it into "ahem" art.

dextire Sep 14th, 2012 12:14 AM

My parents absolutely hated this movie, as they bought me the VHS for Christmas one year and I played it over and over until it physically wore out. Now I can tell them I was simply ensuring that I'd properly absorbed all these very important lessons. :halloween2

ChaiTea Sep 14th, 2012 12:51 AM

All the times I've seen this movie and I never noticed the knife in the shark. For shame on me.

Ex Leper Sep 14th, 2012 06:38 PM

Nice fuckin' article *Honk Honk!*

nirvana_infinity Sep 15th, 2012 04:27 AM

That shark attack dead guy looks eerily like Jambi from Peewee's Playhouse.

Mockery Sep 15th, 2012 11:45 AM

Mecca Lecca High, Mecca Hiney Hoooooly-shit-there's-a-shark-eating-my-leg!

Max Fightmaster Sep 15th, 2012 11:20 PM

Then there's the indirect thing you learn from this film.

If you're effective enough after death, you'll get a second chance at life as the Goddamn Batman.

Mister Tea Sep 16th, 2012 10:05 PM

I learned that Johnny Depp needs to file a restraining order against Burton so he can go back to making awesome movies like this and Pee-Wee's Big Adventure instead of shoehorning Depp into more stupid "reimaginings" of stories that were fine just the way they were.

sewnupsmile Sep 17th, 2012 01:56 PM

Other things I've learned from Beetlejuice: #1 You catch more flies w/ Zagnut bars then with vinegar & honey combined. #2 Apparently you have to be dead, know "Juno" and reside in "The Neitherworld" in order to get that whore house miniature to complete your set. *damn* #3 Danny Elfman also likes Tim Burton movies...and prefers the Betelgeuse spelling, rather then the Beetlejuice alternative. (not really)

Ex Leper Sep 22nd, 2012 10:35 AM

avoidz Sep 23rd, 2012 09:50 PM

Regarding #3. That was just the waiting room. So it's possible that after processing and basic instruction, the dead can change their appearance however they like.

Mockery Sep 24th, 2012 01:21 AM

I would agree with you, but as soon as they leave the waiting room, we see a guy who actually works there who was flattened by a car. If he's been working there for a while and is unable to alter his appearance, I'm guessing nobody else can.

Danny 4 Eyes Sep 29th, 2012 04:11 PM

No Rog, he was just feeling a little flat that day.

Jesus, watch out for the tumbleweed

On another note, never noticed the rattlesnake in the sleeping bag before, man I love this film