I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Fathom Zero Jul 10th, 2010 11:46 AM

I'm so excited to get back home and download the engie update.

DougClayton4231 Jul 10th, 2010 05:04 PM

Was Secret Of Evermore a sequel to SoM? And more importantly, was it worth playing?

kahljorn Jul 10th, 2010 05:31 PM

nah i dont think it was a sequel, its a fun game though. better than secret of mana, i think.

stevetothepast Jul 10th, 2010 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 691690)
nah i dont think it was a sequel, its a fun game though. better than secret of mana, i think.

In my opinion SoM is way better than SoE. I think squaresoft just used the "secret of" title to lure in consumers, and they use the same menu screens and controls.

stevetothepast Jul 10th, 2010 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 691591)
i got a key for the medal of honor beta

how'd you swing that?

Phoenix Gamma Jul 10th, 2010 10:53 PM

That's the word on the street, at least. Like all those "Xeno" games are aren't related at all. Xenogears, Xenosaga, Xenoblade, the latter of which was renamed near the end of development because the same director had worked on it (and they wanted the association.)

Similarly, no one would have been disappointed in Chrono Cross if it had a different title :P

darkvare Jul 10th, 2010 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevetothepast (Post 691709)
how'd you swing that?

they are giving them away at fileplanet

OxBlood Jul 11th, 2010 04:02 AM

Wow, played Persona 3 Portable for around 3 hrs yesterday and it was really hard to put down while waiting for the fucking sun to dissappear in the basement (the stupid heat got to my system, headache, nausea, the whole program)...I hate summerdays, oh how I hate them...unnecessary bullshit.

DougClayton4231 Jul 11th, 2010 05:55 PM

Assassin's Creed 2 had one of the most unsatisfying endings of any game I've beaten. :(

Pentegarn Jul 11th, 2010 09:39 PM

All the talk about old SNES carts got my nostalgia juices flowing. I went to a place about an hour away and bought 2 old SNES games I owned once but sold. Paladin's Quest and (because it was mentioned) FF Mystic Quest

OxBlood Jul 12th, 2010 03:34 AM

As much as I love my old SNES, I prefer to carry most of the library around on a USB-Stick :D

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 12th, 2010 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 691710)
That's the word on the street, at least. Like all those "Xeno" games are aren't related at all. Xenogears, Xenosaga, Xenoblade, the latter of which was renamed near the end of development because the same director had worked on it (and they wanted the association.)

Similarly, no one would have been disappointed in Chrono Cross if it had a different title :P

Xenogears and Xenosaga are related.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 12th, 2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

On several occasions, developers of Xenosaga, including series creator Tetsuya Takahashi, have maintained the two stories are not meant to exist in the same timeline or universe.
Not really. Just subtle similarities.

Dimnos Jul 12th, 2010 03:19 PM

Phoenix! Im trying to put an SNES emulator on my sons PSP. When I turn on the PSP and go the "Game" section and look at the memory card I can the emulator but when I try to launch it I get an error saying the data is corrupted. I have a feeling you can help.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 12th, 2010 04:08 PM

It won't launch the rom? Or the emulator? What emulator are you using? I've been having the most luck with SNES9x, which worked without any configuration for me. Something might be in the wrong folder, but I'm not sure. dl.qj.net has working downloads, incase you suspect your download really was corrupted.

Also, firmware might be the problem. Some emulators require them to be in GAME150 instead of GAME depending on the firmware, though I'm pretty certain newer custom firmwares don't require GAME150. But definitely give that a shot. I think this only works on fat PSPs with 1.50 kernel installed.

Lastly, make sure you have the newest version of the emulator (dl.qj.net has just about everything), since some were rewritten for newer custom firmwares that don't support 1.50 kernel. If the newest version doesn't work, try updating to newer custom firmware like 5.50 GEN or 5.50 Prometheus.

So yea, it's gotta be one of those three. Corrupted file(s), a misplaced folder somewhere, or your emulator or firmware is outdated.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 12th, 2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 691842)
Not really. Just subtle similarities.

They are like Cable and Nathan Summers.

Dimnos Jul 12th, 2010 04:36 PM

Wont launch the emulator. Its the SNES9x that Im using. Although after looking at that site you posted Im not sure I have the latest version. Ill have to get to the house to check though.

Dr. Boogie Jul 13th, 2010 03:05 AM

Tried Crimecraft for a day because it was free. I was kind of liking it until the PvP portion came along. At that point, the tutorial disappeared, and I had to try and figure out where to go from there.

It's odd; you don't get newer, more powerful weapons, per se. You just get weapons with more slots so you can put in different modifiers. There's plenty of skills to choose from, too, but you can only take 2 on at a time, including passive ones.

I finally quit when I realized that nearly all the quests required PvP in specific areas where no one was playing. Plus, I didn't know anyone else playing the game, so I had to pair up with whoever was available.

Sucked.

But now I'm playing The Red Star. It's pretty fun. Like part beat-'em-up, part shooter, and part bullet hell game.

darkvare Jul 13th, 2010 11:16 AM

i had a red star demo for xbox of course soon after the game was cancelled for xbox :(

Fathom Zero Jul 13th, 2010 11:27 AM

Now it's on the PSP, iPhone, and PS2. :)

DougClayton4231 Jul 13th, 2010 06:32 PM

Singularity was pretty good, if not a bit old school. The TMD is one of the coolest things in games since the gravity gun in HL2. I need something new to play for 360, can anyone suggest anything?

OxBlood Jul 14th, 2010 04:12 AM

What genre? Can´t help you with shooters, but I´d reccomend Prototype and Just Cause 2 from the open-world-blahblah-genre if you haven´t played them yet.

As for NEW games...is there anything new apart from Crackdown 2 which isn´t new but just a DLC-like sequel?

DougClayton4231 Jul 14th, 2010 09:01 AM

I dunno. This month is pretty dry with the exception of SC2. Was Prototype good? I heard that it was a bit like Infamous for the PS3.

timrpgland Jul 14th, 2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Technically they were related as well... remember the "bell scene" in particular?

Secret of Evermore wasn't related to the "Mana" series other than the system it used. US made at least. It's a pretty good game (SoM is better) but I don't think they did a good enough job with the settings... Cool idea and all.

kahljorn Jul 14th, 2010 05:45 PM

lol there's this other chrono trigger themed game too but it was only on the gameboy or some crazy shit. I think that you play magus in it ;/