I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Television Shows (NEW ARCHER IN TWO :EEKS) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700634)

Kitsa Dec 16th, 2010 09:55 PM

Speaking of BBC, I've been DVR'ing all of BBC America's Christmas programming and watching that.

I used to really like Dawn French and I loved the early seasons of Vicar of Dibley, but I dunno, something with where it picked up with that "Marriage" special sort of became annoying. The character became annoying, I mean.

Tonight I watch Gordon Ramsay cook stuff. I know I've got some Graham Norton in there too. Loved him ever since Father Ted.

Guitar Woman Dec 26th, 2010 04:30 AM

Doctor Who Christmas fucking owned. I would have liked it enough on its own, but I took the liberty of watching all the previous (horrible) Christmas episodes the other night, and they completely lowered my standards for television, fiction, and everything in general, allowing for suitable entertainment from Steven Moffat, a man who, unlike Russel T. Davies, has not attempted to perform a lobotomy on himself. Several lobotomies, actually, many of which were completely successful.

Also the entire special almost looks like complete shit next to the season 6 trailer right after it. Nazis! MIBs! Horrifying doll children! The Ood are back! Neil Gaiman writes an episode! IN AMERICA!

I wept blood, basically.

Guitar Woman Dec 27th, 2010 05:24 AM

I've been watching Sherlock, too. Shit's great.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 30th, 2010 09:15 AM

I started watching season 1 of Dexter and its good. Its weird seeing him umcomposed in some situations though because I've only seen season 4 and 5.

Dimnos Dec 30th, 2010 10:53 AM

Season 1 is the best season. :(

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 30th, 2010 10:56 AM

I was reading into the books a little bit and they sound like they are better. I guess his sister actually finds out about him in the 2nd or 3rd book.

Esuohlim Dec 30th, 2010 01:48 PM

Season 2 was better than 1, I think, since he spent the entire season almost getting caught.

Season 1 was good too, but the whole THE VILLAIN IS LEAVING ME PLAYFUL LITTLE CLUES angle was stupid. Season 3 is awful all around. I haven't gotten to Season 4 yet, but I am told there is an awful lot of Lithgow ass to be seen :(

Dimnos Dec 30th, 2010 02:01 PM

2 was good but I still like 1 better. While I think 3 was the worst season I dont think its as bad as most people make it out to be. 4 was a great season. As good as 2 if not better. Yes a bit of Lithgow ass but not to bad.

Kitsa Jan 3rd, 2011 04:37 PM

Still cranking along on oz. I'm kind of patchy on seasons 4 and 5. I saw the musical episode today and that was even more fucked than that musical Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode.

Dimnos Jan 4th, 2011 10:55 AM

I have nothing to watch on TV. :(

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 4th, 2011 11:53 AM

I started watching Psych again. During the halloween episode the guys had to solve a case and they came across their one old friend. They needed the third friend to let them and the friend was like nope. Sean was like "Come on, we need to get the gang back together. Like 3 ninjas High noon at mega moon." Gus was like "Sean, that's the terrible one."

kahljorn Jan 4th, 2011 02:33 PM

:lol

I started watching psych like amonth or two ago and its pretty hilarious :(

i think that wedidn't watch that hollyween one cause they are part of a series

Esuohlim Jan 4th, 2011 02:48 PM

I like Psych :( Usually on principle I don't watch any show from the USA network but Psych is pretty good

kahljorn Jan 5th, 2011 08:43 AM

there's been quite a few episodes that had me dying laughing :(

there's even been a few where they say like one word and it kills me. And its not funny just cause its RANDOMSOCRAZY but genuinely clever/funny.

Kitsa Jan 7th, 2011 02:03 PM

Just wrapped up season 5 of Oz....time for the home stretch.

I realized today, as I was watching one of the episodes over again to listen to the director and actor commentary, that Oz has made me completely immune to any reaction to seeing men's junk. There is so much swinging-dick in that show that it just starts to become part of the background.

Back in the first season I was like "Gah!" when there would be unexpected dick or manass or prison rape or whatever. Now I'm like "meh".

Zhukov Jan 8th, 2011 04:24 AM

Yeah I was exactly the same. I would hold my hand up to the screen to block out the herman, then a few years later and my mum walks in on me watching a rape scene and I don't even notice anything wrong.

Mad Melvin Jan 11th, 2011 06:07 PM

I got both seasons of Rome for christmas and just started watching it. I'm near the end of season 1. Pretty good stuff. Titus Pollo is the fucking man. I have to say though, this doesn't seem to be worth all the hype i've heard, but maybe my opinion will change after the second season.

Kitsa Jan 13th, 2011 08:24 PM

Started last ep of Oz but haven't finished it. If it had gone on for five more seasons I'd probably have watched every one of those too :(

It's sort of like Big Love...after a while, things become less plausible and more stupid, but you feel like you have some sort of commitment and time vested in it, so you want to see it through.

Fathom Zero Jan 13th, 2011 08:42 PM

I've been watching Profit on Youtube, coz it's been cancelled for years. I should get the DVD set.

Ex Leper Jan 18th, 2011 12:00 AM

Since late December I've been going though every season of SNL on Netflix, currently on season 12.

Mad Melvin Jan 18th, 2011 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Melvin (Post 710363)
I got both seasons of Rome for christmas and just started watching it. I'm near the end of season 1. Pretty good stuff. Titus Pollo is the fucking man. I have to say though, this doesn't seem to be worth all the hype i've heard, but maybe my opinion will change after the second season.

Holy shit. I'm now halfway to season 2. The show took a very dark turn at some point and is now totally awesome. Can't wait to see how things will turn out at the end. Loving it.

Supafly345 Jan 18th, 2011 09:40 AM

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 18th, 2011 03:45 PM

Finished season 1 of Dexter. Way better than the last two seasons for sure.

I really liked the piece where they are at the fathers house when Dexter and Rudy are each packing stuff up and it kind of shows how they both tie, cut and bind stuff up.

Geggy Jan 19th, 2011 07:36 PM

Shyandquietguy Jan 21st, 2011 12:35 AM

I am hooked on Adventure Time.