I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

RaNkeri Apr 8th, 2008 03:47 PM

Magister Mundi sum!

Sethomas Apr 8th, 2008 03:54 PM

Gladium magnum ho, et cum eo matrem tuam futuo.

liquidstatik Apr 8th, 2008 03:59 PM

EL NINO

Pub Lover Apr 8th, 2008 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sethomas (Post 546397)
Sometimes, I also talk to people via instant messaging.

Seth: I haven't seen The Ring, but I get the general idea: people see weird video and get a warning that they will die soon, prophesy comes true
Seth: the thing is, that movie was released just early enough
Seth: that they didn't have to have a character put it on YouTube and thus turn it into a Doomsday scenario movie

http://www.xkcd.com/396/
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sethomas (Post 546480)
Okay. Go up and look at those pictures. Take the white macro text and pretend that it's written in normal, orthographic spelling and follows normal punctuation and capitalization standards.

When I did that, it was funny to me because I have the frame of context that held it against the established lolcats norms. That is, I derive humor from seeing normal text where my mind has been conditioned to see facetious attacks on the English language. Now, WITHOUT that a priori, it wouldn't be funny at all. We know this because within the history of photography, there is a long chapter that spans over a century involving pictures of cats being captioned by a wide spread of personality types including grandmothers, volunteer Girl Scout leaders, and marketing strategists for companies in the motivational poster industry.

I will be quick to note that the only historically significant instance when this was ever funny involves a lithographic illustration for a children's song popular in the 1890s*. Even in this case, the humor derives from an anachronistic association with the precise verbiage employed and not comic mastery. The English language had to evolve for at least fifty years to sufficiently associate the word "pussy" with the female pudendum and thus provide sufficient unintended irony.

- Summer Glau

I had ZBF convinced I was Randall Munroe for almost two years.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sethomas (Post 546539)
Has anyone made a macro of W.C. Fields with the text, "SERIOUS HOBO PROBLEMS...? :-("?

Or perhaps something similar with one of the antiquated images of our prodigal daughter Renee buried deep in the PYPH thread (Pub, some help?)?

While hunting for pictures of Jamesman the other day, I considered what remains of my Renee folder for such activities, but discovered the opinion that I didn't hate the world sufficiently at that point to follow through.

Sethomas Apr 8th, 2008 04:04 PM

In the odd chance that I made a grammatical error above AND someone here could find it, I should remind you that it wasn't worth my time to dig up declension tables and I don't think the verb "futuere" is conveniently conjugated in my copy of Wheelock's.

Pub Lover Apr 8th, 2008 04:08 PM

You and that brand you new language that I've never heard of before. :rolleyes

GADZOOKS Apr 8th, 2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GADZOOKS (Post 546545)
Knowing him, it probably would of had a picture of M. Bison too if it wasn't for MEME JUSTICE.

Is guitar woman a lamewad?: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZiapRKY9rpY

RaNkeri Apr 8th, 2008 04:16 PM

ies ies!

Sethomas Apr 8th, 2008 06:00 PM

"ies ies" non intelligo, sed per voluntatem responsare in latinam poeta Catallus sufficit dicens,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catallus
Non (ita me di ament) quicquam referre putaui,
utrumne os an culum olfacerem Aemilio.
nilo mundius hoc, nihiloque immundius illud,
verum etiam culus mundior et melior:
nam sine dentibus est. hic dentis sesquipedalis,
gingiuas vero ploxeni habet veteris,
praeterea rictum qualem diffissus in aestu
meientis mulae cunnus habere solet.
hic futuit multas et se facit esse venustum,
et non pistrino traditur atque asino?
quem siqua attingit, non illam posse putemus
aegroti culum lingere carnificis?

Spoilers!

Guitar Woman Apr 8th, 2008 06:45 PM

I wasn't aware Bison's catchphrase was a meme now too. I must have missed the encyclopedia dramatica memo!

Guitar Woman Apr 8th, 2008 06:51 PM

GADZOOKS in the interest of not offending you any further would you please compile an in-depth list of everything you consider a MEEEEEM so that I will not make the same mistakes in the future

Pandajuice Apr 8th, 2008 06:51 PM

This thread causes me confusion and delay.

Guitar Woman Apr 8th, 2008 06:51 PM

Confusion was a status effect in pokemon, a game which people on the internet like

infraction, you bastard

Sam Apr 8th, 2008 06:55 PM

There's a bomb... in the lasagna?

WhiteRat Apr 8th, 2008 06:55 PM

Pub Lover Apr 8th, 2008 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandajuice (Post 546597)
This thread causes me confusion and delay.

You're reading it from the beginning?

Tadao Apr 8th, 2008 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 546596)
GADZOOKS in the interest of not offending you any further would you please compile an in-depth list of everything you consider a MEEEEEM so that I will not make the same mistakes in the future

Here is the full list.

Spoilers!

Pandajuice Apr 8th, 2008 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 546602)
You're reading it from the beginning?

I'll start tomorrow.

I'd better pack a lunch though since it's LITERALLY 36,515 REPLIES!

EDIT: 36,516!

GADZOOKS Apr 8th, 2008 07:18 PM

Quote:

I hope your Mario Soccer site takes off so that you don't have to post here anymore.

liquidstatik Apr 8th, 2008 07:21 PM

http://www.ultimatememedatabase.com/ gw s that your site? >:

MarioRPG Apr 8th, 2008 08:10 PM

Quote:

I felt the anger behind this one.

Guitar Woman Apr 8th, 2008 08:21 PM

Guitar Woman is working to provide a better forum experience.

GADZOOKS Apr 8th, 2008 08:27 PM

You see it's funny, because you aren't. :rolleyes

Esuohlim Apr 8th, 2008 08:28 PM

A few weeks ago GW privied me to the fact that "Milhouse is not a meme" is a meme on 4chan. :(

executioneer Apr 8th, 2008 08:31 PM

guys can we just agree to try not to use as many references to things that are irrelevant to the discussion at hand

esp. if they are great big jpgs