I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Television Shows (NEW ARCHER IN TWO :EEKS) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700634)

Tadao Jan 22nd, 2011 02:55 AM

Onion News - Awesome, much better than sitting in front of a computer.

Portlandia - Great skit comedy on how gay the people of Portland, Oregon are.

Being Human - Seems promising, I'm sure they will ruin it for me halfway through the season.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 23rd, 2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 711275)

Being Human - Seems promising, I'm sure they will ruin it for me halfway through the season.

The onion news show is hilarious as shit. The sports one is kinda funny too.

Tadao Jan 23rd, 2011 04:34 PM

I don't like sports. Not even if they are making fun of it.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 23rd, 2011 04:49 PM

it wasn't on the show yet but they had a hockey clip a while back that was pretty good.

http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/vi...-with-b,14338/

Esuohlim Jan 26th, 2011 06:11 PM

I haven't watched any of the new season of Always Sunny yet but I'm told it sucked. Please tell me this isn't true >:

Tadao Jan 26th, 2011 06:30 PM

It isn't true. Sweet Dee gets preggers by one of the gang. :eek

Kitsa Jan 28th, 2011 10:03 AM

Been watching Green Hornet (the real one) on SyFy.

Tadao Jan 28th, 2011 10:52 AM

It's horrible.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 28th, 2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 711587)

I haven't watched any of the new season of Always Sunny yet but I'm told it sucked. Please tell me this isn't true >:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 711588)
It isn't true. Sweet Dee gets preggers by one of the gang. :eek

I thought it was kinda horrible actually. Except for the hockey episode and the halloween episode.

Phoenix Gamma Feb 6th, 2011 12:32 AM

Turned on my TV and saw a new Wayne's World skit on SNL.

Wait what.

Then Dana Carvey turned out to be the host and sang a song about why is cast was the best. Then Jon Lovitz appeared suddenly. Then there was a new Church Lady skit. Then Linkin Park was the musical guest.

No, this wasn't a rerun from the 90's. It was an actual, new episode. And it was weird.

Really highlighted how fucking awful the show is now, though.

Tadao Feb 7th, 2011 01:14 PM

Onion News, the whole ongoing Suri Cruise thing amuses me.

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 8th, 2011 02:14 PM

Finished watching season 2 of Dexter. I loved it until the last episode. Quite a let down compared to the rest of the season.

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 14th, 2011 09:16 AM

Brisco County jr

Coldcache Feb 15th, 2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 711275)

r
eugene is gaye than portland. which
verison of being uhjmman are you watching? sci fi or bbc

Tadao Feb 15th, 2011 11:31 PM

SciFi, There's a BBC version? :eek

Ex Leper Feb 16th, 2011 12:36 AM

Will all fellow Nickelodeon fans, please rejoice!

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 24th, 2011 12:47 PM

Watching power rangers Samurai, apparently they morph by calling someone on their cell phones now.

Fathom Zero Feb 24th, 2011 02:46 PM

Watching Extras.

How do I act so well?

Tadao Feb 24th, 2011 03:55 PM

Tried watching the BBC version of Being Human. Amazingly, I like the SciFi channels version better. BBC seemed to rush the whole story and there was very little humor at all. SciFi has much better music and film and they let you feel for the character. Kinda odd since I would have better that the BBC would have done it 100 times better.

BBC - I fell a sleep
SciFi - They leave me wanting more.

Mad Melvin Feb 24th, 2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 713919)
Watching Extras.

How do I act so well?

I just watched the whole show last weekend. Pure genius and that last monologue gets me every time.

Dimnos Feb 24th, 2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 713913)
Watching power rangers Samurai, apparently they morph by calling someone on their cell phones now.

Yeah. Their shit got outsourced. They have to call it in now. :\

Pentegarn Feb 25th, 2011 07:08 AM

Power Rangers still around eh? They still have Bulk and Skull? Or a Bulk and Skull equivalent?

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 25th, 2011 10:35 AM

I don't think so, I think they ended up writing or directing a good amount of the seasons though.

Watched an episode of Adventure Time. Ridiculous.

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 25th, 2011 01:24 PM

Does anyone else think of Goosebumps during the final round of Wheel of Fortune?

Kitsa Feb 27th, 2011 01:10 AM

I'm too old to think of Goosebumps during anything.

I had a weird thing happen. A series that I never watched before, on PBS, has an upcoming special. I just heard about it today, and decided I wanted to watch it. I went in on the DVR to try and find it on the schedule, and it was already set to record.
I know for sure I didn't do it. No one else in the house will admit to having done it, either.

It's freaking me out a little :(

All Hail Duke Mar 2nd, 2011 12:32 AM

started watching Pawn Stars

Fathom Zero Mar 2nd, 2011 03:10 AM

I'm sorry.

Kitsa Mar 2nd, 2011 05:50 PM

Yeah, I hate that show.

Not long ago, an insider told me that almost without exception, those shows are completely fake.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 2nd, 2011 10:34 PM

I get sucked into marathons of pawn stars and hardcore pawn.

Dimnos Mar 2nd, 2011 10:47 PM

How its made on the science channel is where its at.

All Hail Duke Mar 3rd, 2011 01:03 PM

oh, i know it's all fraudulent, i have a habit of watching garbage like it anyway

pawn stars
the osbournes
cake boss
ace of cakes
gene simmons family jewels

i've watched them all for unexplainable reasons

Fathom Zero Mar 3rd, 2011 01:33 PM

The Osbournes isn't so much as the others. That much is true.

Kitsa Mar 4th, 2011 11:34 PM

The Gene Simmons one seemed patently fake to me right away, to the point that I was increasingly insulted that they were presenting it as "reality". Not to mention that the members of KISS (Paul Stanley excluded, but barely) are starting to look like some of my geriatric uncles, with slightly more black hair dye.

I stick with documentaries as much as I can, although I got hardcore into Oz and am still in Oz withdrawal. I would have watched that shit for 10 more seasons if they'd made it. Now I'm hanging on insurance commercials like a drunk shakes empties.

Trying to watch the last season of Big Love because I was fairly committed to it, but it's so loopy and all over the place that I can barely follow it.

All Hail Duke Mar 5th, 2011 01:56 AM

generally i stick with cartoon and (real) crime shows along the lines of cold case files, most evil, etc.

gotten into watching art shows on the ovation network

Dimnos Mar 5th, 2011 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 714475)
Trying to watch the last season of Big Love because I was fairly committed to it, but it's so loopy and all over the place that I can barely follow it.

That show went down the crapper when they killed Roman.

Kitsa Mar 5th, 2011 02:56 PM

I know, but I get committed to these shows and no matter how bad they get, I'm still in it for the long run. That's my personality, I guess.

If they'd made 10 more seasons of Oz, I'd watch them.

captain516 Mar 13th, 2011 01:33 PM

man, i fucking love archer
best cartoon i've seen in a while

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 14th, 2011 02:55 PM

Watching xenosaga the animation.

Tadao Mar 24th, 2011 04:34 PM

Does the show Firefly get better as it goes on? So far the first 4 episodes are star trekish.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 25th, 2011 10:31 AM

Yeah, it actually gets pretty cool. I think the first episode on the DVD is the pilot....then the actual first episode of the series is kinda the same plot as the pilot.

Serenity was pretty cool too.

Tadao Mar 25th, 2011 12:18 PM

Science Chanel just got it last month, and so far they played the opening 2 hour episode and 3 or 4 other one hour episodes. They just did the one with the sword duel. I'm sure it'a all character development leading up to something special with the retarded genuis girl, but they are starting to loose my attention when they start doing the whole "WE BOTH LOVE EACH OTHER AND WILL NEVER ADMIT IT" thing. It's like 10 minutes worth in every episode so far. :(

I wouldn't mind it if the plot was intense, so far it's just been the usual morality tales. I'll stick it through though because it's supposed to be the best science fiction show ever.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 25th, 2011 01:35 PM

its worth watching at least all the way through. When they start bringing more ties with the blue sun corporation(or some name like that) it gets interesting.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 30th, 2011 09:39 PM

Norm macdonald is going to be on letterman tonight.

Guitar Woman Apr 1st, 2011 03:47 PM

asd;lkjfdsfasdl;kjasdflkj

elx Apr 21st, 2011 03:48 PM

the best

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 22nd, 2011 01:29 PM

Was watching avatar: the airbender. The fire nation were attacking the airbender with their fire powers until a fire nation general stopped them. The fire nation general was all like "Enough, stand down. Hold your fire."

:lol

Ex Leper Apr 23rd, 2011 07:12 PM

Just finished the entire 36 butchered seasons of SNL on Netflix.

Guitar Woman Apr 24th, 2011 01:08 AM

Dat new Doctor Who episode

It was pretty good, but
Spoilers!

Dimnos Apr 24th, 2011 05:15 PM

NEWS FLASH: Dr Who quit being cool in 1982.

Spoilers!

Guitar Woman Apr 24th, 2011 07:14 PM

All the new seasons have had at least 3 or 4 good episodes to balance out Russel T. Davies' retardation, and the series jumped waaay up in quality by the time Moffat fully took over.

Although I could still do with less fanboy pandering.

Esuohlim Apr 24th, 2011 07:21 PM

Classic Doctor Who is boring as hell, and I gave it an honest effort too with the "best" Pertwee and Tom Baker episodes. New Doctor Who is just fine with me, even the Davies episodes. I'm only up through Season 2 at the moment, though.

Guitar Woman Apr 24th, 2011 07:40 PM

Season 3 is when the dark times really get into a good rhythm. "The Runaway Bride" is the absolute worst episode of anything I've ever seen, and "Journey's End" almost gave me brain damage. It's bad.

I can only properly appreciate the classic episodes when I'm stoned as hell, and it's fair to say that yeah, they're slow and padded more often than they could be. The Caves of Androzani is probably the best episode ever, at least give that one a shot.

King Hadas Apr 25th, 2011 06:35 PM

I finally watched the last episodes of Battlestar Galactica and man they really shouldn't have introduced religion into this show. This whole last season was pretty convoluted, I guess that's the price you pay for going crazy with too many big twists.

Dimnos Apr 25th, 2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 718399)
I can only properly appreciate the classic episodes when I'm stoned as hell.

This is key. :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Hadas (Post 718451)
I finally watched the last episodes of Battlestar Galactica and man they really shouldn't have introduced religion into this show. This whole last season was pretty convoluted, I guess that's the price you pay for going crazy with too many big twists.

I thought the first two seasons were bad ass. The end of the third is where they really started to fuck it up. (The death and return of Starbuck :rolleyes ) Then season four was total shit. My friend who thought it came straight from gods ass whole keeps telling me I need to watch The Plan to make it make sense, but fuck that. I shouldnt have to watching a fucking movie for your TV series not to be crap. That and I cant get 10 minutes into without falling asleep.

Oh I also thought the fact that the Colonels wilfe being the last of the five was a total fucking cop out.

Dimnos Apr 25th, 2011 09:34 PM

OH yeah. If you havent seen all of the new Battlestar, there are spoilers in the above post. Woops.

Esuohlim Apr 25th, 2011 10:10 PM

I don't care HOW many times I have to read the same cookie-cutter BSG internet opinions, but it just bugs me how much shit Season 3 gets when it really wasn't even half as bad as everyone says it is. The finale was incredible, JERKS >:

And the whole [SPOLERS]cylons coming to terms with the fact that they're cylons[/SOPIELRS] angle of Season 4's first half was interesting as hell.

King Hadas Apr 25th, 2011 11:23 PM

I loved the third season finale. I did not love the fourth season finale.
Spoilers!

10,000 Volt Ghost May 3rd, 2011 03:42 PM

I ended up getting season 1 of Archer on DVD for $10 :) The pilot episode though........ I was only able to make it through about 8 mins. It had some funny parts but man I just couldn't sit through it.

Mad Melvin May 4th, 2011 03:52 PM

I ordered both seasons of Adventures of Pete & Pete (that have been released on DVD). How come such a great show gets such a crappy DVD release? It's just not right. :\ Still, I would buy season 3 in a heartbeat, even if the picture quality was as bad as in these two.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 9th, 2011 10:32 AM

Watched untold stories from the e.r. on TLC or history or one of those.

This guys conditions was that he was in a state of shock....except that about once a minute he would yell "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! !"

Then go back to being unresponsive to voice and touch until "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!" again.

It didn't sound so much like a rick flair whoooo.

It sounded exactly like Bender's Wooooooooooo from when he became a human then did the conga too much.

Kitsa May 12th, 2011 05:17 PM

I used to live Untold Stories of the ER :(

Mr. Kitsa watched his first ep of Dexter last night. His take: "It's like an Oz class reunion."

WhiteRat May 12th, 2011 09:01 PM

The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret is one of the funniest shows i've seen in a while. The last two episodes busted my gut open at the seams.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 17th, 2011 07:42 PM

Law and order: l.a. kicks ass. It actually has me excited about watching it each week.

Kitsa May 18th, 2011 04:41 AM

Just wrapped up season 1 of Dexter. I finally figured out that the girlfriend was the same one who annoyed the hell out of me with the fake southern accent in Boondock Saints 2.

Dimnos May 18th, 2011 05:34 AM

She will probably continue to annoy the hell out of you on Dexter too. :\

Kitsa May 18th, 2011 07:35 AM

She does :( All of the women in Dexter annoy me for some reason.

Esuohlim May 18th, 2011 01:26 PM

Then you'll love Season 2 which contains the most annoying female character on television

Kitsa May 18th, 2011 03:06 PM

If I were Dexter there'd be a fuckload of a lot more people killed.

Tadao May 18th, 2011 03:13 PM

That goes against the code. What's the number 1 rule?

Pram Maven May 18th, 2011 04:05 PM

Don't get catched.

Dimnos May 18th, 2011 05:04 PM

Which one was season 2 again? The dumb english chick and that black dude in the cabin?

Kitsa May 18th, 2011 05:16 PM

I'd revise the code as the situation dictated.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 18th, 2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 721840)
Which one was season 2 again? The dumb english chick and that black dude in the cabin?

Yeah.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 721754)
Then you'll love Season 2 which contains the most annoying female character on television

Man was she annoying. I just kept waiting and waiting...

Kitsa May 18th, 2011 08:32 PM

I kept wanting that antagonistic detective to put his kufi back on so he looked right again.

But then, I came to Dexter from Oz.

Ex Leper May 18th, 2011 10:09 PM

I recently finished watching every episode of Roseanne & That 70's Show, currently on 3rd Rock from the Sun. What old sitcom should I do next?

10,000 Volt Ghost May 19th, 2011 09:16 AM

Bob Newhart Show

Esuohlim May 19th, 2011 01:05 PM

Newsradio

Ex Leper May 19th, 2011 04:12 PM

I already have the seasons that are up on DVD, I just need the one where Lovitz took over.

Esuohlim May 19th, 2011 04:37 PM

The Lovitz season is not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be, everyone was probably just pissed that Phil Hartman had the cuntiest wife in history :(

10,000 Volt Ghost May 19th, 2011 04:56 PM

That's a pretty tall order but I gotta agree on that.

Ex Leper May 19th, 2011 05:42 PM

It also began the feud with Jon and Andy

Esuohlim May 19th, 2011 05:51 PM

I hate Andy Dick with a passion, and it sometimes kills me how much I love him in Newsradio. :( Andy is just a waste of human life in most respects, much like Pram Maven.

This is a great scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j0wh8e0Rig

10,000 Volt Ghost May 19th, 2011 05:54 PM

Andy dick is another useless excuse of a person. If there were ever to be a live action winnie the pooh movie I would cast him as tigger.

edit: I agree

Ex Leper May 19th, 2011 06:15 PM

The difference between Andy and Pram though is Pram is an internet annoyance, Andy has a son around my age and that makes it all the sadder because his son has to suffer from the embarrassment of constantly reading about his dad waving his penis at people at his shows all because he's a horrible drunk. It's depressing. I still love NewsRadio and the short-lived Ben Stiller Show though. Making fun of Andy Dick is about as original as a Michael Jackson pedophile joke, while Pram constantly brings us new material to harp on.

Tadao May 19th, 2011 10:31 PM

SCTV

Ex Leper May 19th, 2011 11:03 PM

I have The Best of John Candy on SCTV on VHS and I watched a documentary about the history of Second City theater the other day. if they have the seasons up for streaming I'd love to watch them again.

Update: SCTV is only available though DVDs, my plan is set to streaming only because the raised the price for DVDs so it make's my viewing options limited.

Fathom Zero May 19th, 2011 11:12 PM

I hate Doctor Who now.

Kitsa May 20th, 2011 06:43 AM

Speaking of Dr. Who, I was horrified to see Catherine Tate on The Office last night. The reasons are complex.

I really, really, really like Catherine Tate. I went to see Gulliver's Travels just because Catherine Tate had a small role in it. I have all of the Catherine Tate Show DVDs and even the Christmas specials. I watched the David Tennant Dr. Who, even.

The character she's playing on The Office, as Steve Carrell's potential replacement, is annoying as all hell. I have a very high threshold for Catherine Tate exposure (see above) and I was wanting to change the channel after about 30 seconds of it. Now I see all of these "Catherine Tate might replace Steve Carrell!" stories and all I can see is a truncated season of having to deal with that character. I don't know how most Americans react to her, but I'm thinking maybe a lot of people are not going to find that character funny.

Zhukov May 20th, 2011 10:04 AM

You sounds bothered.

Kitsa May 20th, 2011 08:47 PM

innit though

captain516 May 21st, 2011 04:29 PM

The guy who plays Abed on Community is Indian/Polish. That's craaaazy

Kitsa May 22nd, 2011 07:51 PM

Just finished up season 2 of Dexter. You're right, Lila was more annoying than Rita and Deb combined.

Also, I thought David Carradine's lisp was from his dentures, but his brother sounds exactly like he did, so it must be a family thing.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 23rd, 2011 12:14 PM

Who is david carradine's brother?

Fathom Zero May 23rd, 2011 12:21 PM

Keith Carradine.

Tadao May 23rd, 2011 12:21 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dexter+carradine

WhiteRat May 23rd, 2011 12:29 PM

So I happened to catch my first episode of How I Met Your Mother and although I'm not a big fan of your standard sitcoms I actually really enjoyed it. I'm thinking about picking up a few seasons on DVD. Yay or nay?

10,000 Volt Ghost May 23rd, 2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 722731)
So I happened to catch my first episode of How I Met Your Mother and although I'm not a big fan of your standard sitcoms I actually really enjoyed it. I'm thinking about picking up a few seasons on DVD. Yay or nay?

Definitely yay. The show keeps going with the funny even with new episodes though.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 23rd, 2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 722728)
Keith Carradine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 722729)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 722668)
Just finished up season 2 of Dexter. You're right, Lila was more annoying than Rita and Deb combined.

Also, I thought David Carradine's lisp was from his dentures, but his brother sounds exactly like he did, so it must be a family thing.

:o I thought that was stephen collins
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Collins

also sweet dee and dennis dad. I've been thinking it was the 7th heaven guy all this time.

Mad Melvin May 23rd, 2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 722731)

Yay. Altough I have stopped watching it after season 4, I think. Almost every character started to annoy me, except for Barney. But the first three seasons were great.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 24th, 2011 03:08 PM

Season finale of house last night had me cracking up.

Spoilers!