I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Sacks Aug 24th, 2010 06:22 PM

The girl in Zombies Ate My Neighbors, the lady characters in Pokemon, Princess Zelda, Mirror's Edge lady, Tifa and other ladies in FF, several women in fighting games, Maria from Castlevania... It's not too hard if you think about it.

Phoenix Gamma Aug 24th, 2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 696345)
Samus isn't really much of an exception. If you don't remember, when you die, you see her in a bikini and that was also her special costume in the NES original lol. I'm pretty sure that no one actually played Beyond Good and Evil, so Jade doesn't count lmao.

Samus wasn't in a bikini in the original game until after you beat it (and fast enough). The rest of the time, people thought she was a dude/robot. It's likely that they gave her a bikini to indicate she was a woman, like how Mario has his mustache to show his small face and overalls to show the rest of his small body.

After that, she's stuck with the leotard/full body suit, which isn't that badand actually makes sense; you'd want to wear as little as possible in a giant metal suit!

And popularity doesn't exclude characters like Jade from existing, jerkface >:>:>:>:>:>:

Quote:

...the lady characters in Pokemon, Princess Zelda...Tifa and other ladies in FF, several women in fighting games...
Everyone in Pokemon is one dimensional. They don't have personalities at all. Zelda exists solely to be rescued, Tifa's a walking pair of tits (though surprisingly more likeable than Aerith), FF girls post-FF6 have generally had flat personalities and skimpy clothes, and fighting game chicks exist solely to give boners.

darkvare Aug 24th, 2010 07:48 PM

what about kameo from the launch 360 game or ophelia from brutal legend?

executioneer Aug 24th, 2010 08:18 PM

what about laura bow

kahljorn Aug 24th, 2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Like the P-Mob.
THERES A GAY MAFIA WHERE I LIVE AND THEY ARE FRIGHTENING. ALL OF THEM HAVE SEX WITH UNDERAGED CHILDREN AND ARE "PROTeCTED" BY THE LAW

Sacks Aug 24th, 2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 696350)
fighting game chicks exist solely to give boners.

Makoto, Ibuki, Sakura, Rose, C. Viper from Street Fighter. Leona, Mary, May Lee, Yuri, Mature, Kasumi, etc from King of Fighters. May, Baiken, Justice, Millia from Guilty Gear. Just off the top.

I don't think you play fighting games, or you play those 3D ones that exist solely for breast physics.

darkvare Aug 24th, 2010 10:10 PM

so is it true mafia 2 has nothing to do outside the missions? doug

Phoenix Gamma Aug 25th, 2010 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacks (Post 696367)
Makoto, Ibuki, Sakura, Rose, C. Viper from Street Fighter. Leona, Mary, May Lee, Yuri, Mature, Kasumi, etc from King of Fighters. May, Baiken, Justice, Millia from Guilty Gear. Just off the top.

I don't think you play fighting games, or you play those 3D ones that exist solely for breast physics.

*deep breath*

First of all, don't tell me Sakura doesn't flash her panties the whole time. Her overhead may as well be called "HEYLOOKATMYBUM". C.Viper's pretty tame save for her big 'ol cleavage she shows off. Makoto's supposed to be as close to a boy as possible, so I'll give you that, but Ibuki actually shows some skin around the waist for some...odd reason. Even the comics get fixated on it in one issue. And while all those characters walk a very fine line, you still have Cammy, Juri, Elena, and Rainbow Mika letting it all hang out.

Mary (I assume you mean Blue Mary?) has a huge rack and a tube top, Mature shows off some boob (and leg in some versions). The rest get a pass (though Leona switched her jacket for a tube top, and Yuri would be another Sakura if she didn't have those tights). May Lee's totally okay though. And KOF still has other sluts like Angel and Mai and Bonne Jennet. I think Hotaru from Garu: Mark of the Wolves is in one of the KOF games. And HER super involves her pinning you down and fucking you to death. Like, holding you down, whipping her head back and moaning as your character is engulfed in whatever sex-fu energy she uses in place of chi.

For Guilty Gear, Baiken's got milk silos and isn't afraid let her clothes open up and show them. Maybe it's not immediately apparent during fast matches, but one look at the sprites shows a lot of boob. Millia's got a short skirt, but doesn't seem to pull any Sakura shots. May is underage, so you know someone's into that somewhere. Then there's I-No and Dizzy with their clothes and assets. Now, I didn't know Justice even had a gender, so point to for you that. But Guilty Gear is another one that is hardly innocent of whoring out the ladies. Blazblue, it's successor, is even more guilty (har) of this.

And that was the longest post I've ever made about imaginary boobs :(

OxBlood Aug 25th, 2010 04:00 AM

I actually don´t see the problem there. Males are also portrayed in a...let´s say "favorable" fashion, aren´t they? I´m not 2.10 Meters in height, I don´t have muscles like the goddamn Hulk.

Men are strong, Women are beautiful, that´s all there is to it, both stereotypes ignore intellect and inner values most of the time. Though I will admit that women get off worse when the japanese are involved. But I´m sure as hell not gonna complain about that, why would I?

And there ARE more than enough psycho-wreck women in this world, that you can believe me, yes Sir.

Phoenix Gamma Aug 25th, 2010 04:27 AM

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/26598
Quote:

I find it really hard to believe that gaming's examples of masculinity are there for the benefit of women, who in my opinion just aren't into steroid abusers who solve all their problems with chainsaws. That particular kind of objectification is pretty clearly there for us guys who need a pretty obvious symbol for the kind of power we don't have.
The rest of the video pretty much covers the entire topic. Chicks should be more than hair and tits, but usually aren't, and while there are totally examples of such, for each strong chick, there's 30 others wearing nothing but dental floss. The chicks and dudes are created to appeal to males, but not females. Preaching to the choir, but whatever. I mostly just have a mancrush on Scott Sharkey.

ANYWAYS BACK TO WHAT I'M PLAYING RIGHT NOW...

I just beat Metroid Fusion. 3:40 with 100%. Man, that game's really fun if you stick to the main stuff, but once you start going for all the upgrades, it's really annoying. There's way more, and they're either super obscure to the point where you need a guide, or super challenging requiring a bunch of chain sparks. Or both. Which is really weird considering that the game's actually more linear.

Watching this fan video makes me want to play Sonic 3 & Knuckles again, but I truthfully never liked the Sonic games. Just the comics and the cartoons. Which in retrospect are way worse.

DougClayton4231 Aug 25th, 2010 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 696350)
Samus wasn't in a bikini in the original game until after you beat it (and fast enough). The rest of the time, people thought she was a dude/robot. It's likely that they gave her a bikini to indicate she was a woman, like how Mario has his mustache to show his small face and overalls to show the rest of his small body.

After that, she's stuck with the leotard/full body suit, which isn't that badand actually makes sense; you'd want to wear as little as possible in a giant metal suit!

And popularity doesn't exclude characters like Jade from existing, jerkface >:>:>:>:>:>:

Everyone in Pokemon is one dimensional. They don't have personalities at all. Zelda exists solely to be rescued, Tifa's a walking pair of tits (though surprisingly more likeable than Aerith), FF girls post-FF6 have generally had flat personalities and skimpy clothes, and fighting game chicks exist solely to give boners.

I was just kidding about BG&E, I loved that one lol. But seriously, no one bought it :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 696365)
THERES A GAY MAFIA WHERE I LIVE AND THEY ARE FRIGHTENING. ALL OF THEM HAVE SEX WITH UNDERAGED CHILDREN AND ARE "PROTeCTED" BY THE LAW

That makes me cry for humanity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 696368)
so is it true mafia 2 has nothing to do outside the missions? doug

So far, absolutely nothing lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 696384)
I actually don´t see the problem there. Males are also portrayed in a...let´s say "favorable" fashion, aren´t they? I´m not 2.10 Meters in height, I don´t have muscles like the goddamn Hulk.

Men are strong, Women are beautiful, that´s all there is to it, both stereotypes ignore intellect and inner values most of the time. Though I will admit that women get off worse when the japanese are involved. But I´m sure as hell not gonna complain about that, why would I?

And there ARE more than enough psycho-wreck women in this world, that you can believe me, yes Sir.

I think that stereotypes are offensive in general. They always portray people who play videogames as ugly, socially awkward fucktards or nobel prize winners. I fall into none of the above, which is kind of awkward. I was a model for two years and during those two years, I met nothing but other models (men and women) who also played videogames. I'm sure the rest of you don't fall into the stereotype either. I guess it's easier to lump a minority together and refer to them as the majority.

Sacks Aug 25th, 2010 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 696383)
*deep breath*

First of all, don't tell me Sakura doesn't flash her panties the whole time. Her overhead may as well be called "HEYLOOKATMYBUM". C.Viper's pretty tame save for her big 'ol cleavage she shows off. Makoto's supposed to be as close to a boy as possible, so I'll give you that, but Ibuki actually shows some skin around the waist for some...odd reason. Even the comics get fixated on it in one issue. And while all those characters walk a very fine line, you still have Cammy, Juri, Elena, and Rainbow Mika letting it all hang out.

Mary (I assume you mean Blue Mary?) has a huge rack and a tube top, Mature shows off some boob (and leg in some versions). The rest get a pass (though Leona switched her jacket for a tube top, and Yuri would be another Sakura if she didn't have those tights). May Lee's totally okay though. And KOF still has other sluts like Angel and Mai and Bonne Jennet. I think Hotaru from Garu: Mark of the Wolves is in one of the KOF games. And HER super involves her pinning you down and fucking you to death. Like, holding you down, whipping her head back and moaning as your character is engulfed in whatever sex-fu energy she uses in place of chi.

For Guilty Gear, Baiken's got milk silos and isn't afraid let her clothes open up and show them. Maybe it's not immediately apparent during fast matches, but one look at the sprites shows a lot of boob. Millia's got a short skirt, but doesn't seem to pull any Sakura shots. May is underage, so you know someone's into that somewhere. Then there's I-No and Dizzy with their clothes and assets. Now, I didn't know Justice even had a gender, so point to for you that. But Guilty Gear is another one that is hardly innocent of whoring out the ladies. Blazblue, it's successor, is even more guilty (har) of this.

And that was the longest post I've ever made about imaginary boobs :(

I love that this has come down to 'these women are too sexy because they have breasts'.

Has anyone here played Noby Noby Boy? My friend gave it to me and it's kind of hilarious.

Fathom Zero Aug 25th, 2010 12:45 PM

There's another thread for arguing about imaginary things.

Phoenix Gamma Aug 25th, 2010 12:49 PM

Oh don't be a dick, Sacks. We both know it's not because they have breasts, but because they let them hang out in an exaggerated fashion, or because they have minds of their own and are trying to break free from their barely clothed prisons. Not everyone runs around with double D's and the world's smallest shirts.

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/7...04_mD2ZG-L.jpg
(not the same genre, but same point)

Let's be reasonable man, KOF doesn't go overboard, but Guilty Gear and Street Fighter? Come on dude. "Flower Kick".

DougClayton4231 Aug 25th, 2010 01:31 PM

Why couldn't this be real?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxXyc...layer_embedded

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 25th, 2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 696365)

I was talking about the polish mafia. what. Kind of mob do you have near you? it sounds awful. :(

Also, everyone woman that has breasts flaunt them. You just have. To catch them at the right time. Also, I'm going to replace the word tits in my vocabulary. With tactical advantage.

Phoenix Gamma Aug 25th, 2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 696410)

Because we're stuck with Sonic Team :(

Dr. Boogie Aug 25th, 2010 03:15 PM

This discussion about women in games reminded me of GTA: Chinatown Wars. It was pointed out that there was only one female character in the game, who was in the game for about 2 minutes, and whose only raison d'etre was so that Rockstar could use a female character in their ads.

DougClayton4231 Aug 25th, 2010 03:24 PM

Wow, that's kind of depressing. The only games that have ever really been marketed towards women have also been pretty sexist. There's Barbie games, fitness or cooking games, or games about raising babies. No wonder most women refuse to take part in them. They really only have two choices, be offended or be more offended.

I really do wonder what the amount of over-sexing that women have in video games is doing to the human psyche. I remember playing that Sin Episodes game when I was like 13. The only reason I played through it was that there was a lady with huge titties in it. I'm still ashamed of sitting through that piss poor excuse of an FPS for that reason alone. Any thoughts?

Phoenix Gamma Aug 25th, 2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 696417)
This discussion about women in games reminded me of GTA: Chinatown Wars. It was pointed out that there was only one female character in the game, who was in the game for about 2 minutes, and whose only raison d'etre was so that Rockstar could use a female character in their ads.

:lol I remember that. I was like "um...I just started the game and now she's DEAD...but she's on the cover...so maybe not?"

OxBlood Aug 25th, 2010 04:03 PM

Thoughts?

Man´s nature is man´s nature. I accept that I like different things about different kinds of people and some thing are purely physical. For example, I like certain eye colors more than others, I like the "tactical advantage" women have a lot and I got no problem telling a woman that, because it´s just natural for me.
That said, I´m not fixated on the physical aspects of real women. I love to talk with women a lot for example. Sounds stupid at first, but I really enjoy conversations with them because of their different point of view in many things. At least that is my experience.

But I would lie if I said I didn´t pay attention to a female body or that specific types of said body catch my attention more than others. Purely natural thing I think. Inner values are fine and all but part of me is made of flesh and bone and is drawn to my personal definition of physical beauty.

Makes sense, at least to me.

Phoenix Gamma Aug 25th, 2010 04:07 PM

Oh I forgot I just finished Portal. Haven't touched the game since it first came out. Remembered it had some new stuff added to it. Still a great game, even if the internet hype machine got out of hand.

I really want a Portal gun though. It'd make life way easier :(

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 25th, 2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 696419)
Wow, that's kind of depressing. The only games that have ever really been marketed towards women have also been pretty sexist. There's Barbie games, fitness or cooking games, or games about raising babies. No wonder most women refuse to take part in them. They really only have two choices, be offended or be more offended.

I really do wonder what the amount of over-sexing that women have in video games is doing to the human psyche. I remember playing that Sin Episodes game when I was like 13. The only reason I played through it was that there was a lady with huge titties in it. I'm still ashamed of sitting through that piss poor excuse of an FPS for that reason alone. Any thoughts?

That's the whole reason I wanted to play Lunar when it came out because it had nekkid anime babes in it.

darkvare Aug 25th, 2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 696423)
:lol I remember that. I was like "um...I just started the game and now she's DEAD...but she's on the cover...so maybe not?"

that one was great the second cut scene she is in she dies

DougClayton4231 Aug 26th, 2010 07:38 AM

@ OxBlood, I never understood men who don't enjoy talking to women. Maybe they didn't get the memo that 95% of a relationship is communication. Beats me.

@ 10K Volt Ghost, Thanks for making me feel less bad about myself lol. Was Lunar good? I never got to play it because I gave my PS away.

Started playing this game Ivy The Kiwi on the Wii. It seems like a pretty cool puzzler.