I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Fathom Zero Sep 28th, 2012 11:04 AM

Most people don't use the wallet function because we have things called Visas and Master Cards.

Dimnos Sep 28th, 2012 01:02 PM

Kahl, wtf are you playing these days?

darkvare Sep 28th, 2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 762310)
Most people don't use the wallet function because we have things called Visas and Master Cards.

i had to use the wallet to buy dota 2 stuff

Zomboid Sep 28th, 2012 05:08 PM

If one of you (Dimnos or Kahl, I guess?) gets RE6, I'll probably play with ya.

darkvare Sep 28th, 2012 05:20 PM

are you getting it on 360?

Zomboid Sep 28th, 2012 05:28 PM

Yes.

darkvare Sep 28th, 2012 05:35 PM

i already payed for my copy on ps3

kahljorn Sep 28th, 2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 762316)
Kahl, wtf are you playing these days?

lol, dota 2, shogun 2 total war :O

ive been thinkng about playing some diablo 3 but i dunno. how about you?

i sort of want to get resident evil 6 but I'm tired of paying full price for disappointing games.

Dimnos Sep 28th, 2012 06:13 PM

Ill probably be getting it on PS3 too. I havnt payed for xbox live in a long time.

Dimnos Sep 28th, 2012 06:13 PM

DOTA 2? Wtf. This shit better be free. :posh

kahljorn Sep 28th, 2012 06:26 PM

its free on steam for now if you get into the beta

SO WHAT GAMES ARE YOU PLAYING DIMNOS?

Fathom Zero Sep 29th, 2012 01:36 AM

Invoker.

kahljorn Sep 29th, 2012 03:09 PM

PUCK

Fathom Zero Sep 29th, 2012 04:25 PM

Chen.

kahljorn Sep 29th, 2012 04:58 PM

PUCK

darkvare Sep 29th, 2012 06:18 PM

pudge

Fathom Zero Sep 29th, 2012 07:18 PM

Morphling.

kahljorn Sep 30th, 2012 01:17 AM

puck

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 30th, 2012 01:00 PM

Foot clown horn is the best translation for that dog I've ever heard.

Nick Oct 1st, 2012 04:49 PM

Why are you guys getting RE6? Didn't you play the demo? Is just so horrible.

Capcom beefed it. Even IGN couldn't be paid enough to give it a good review.

Dr. Boogie Oct 1st, 2012 10:12 PM

darkvare Oct 1st, 2012 11:13 PM

i got borderlands 2 instead even got a t shirt too small for my fat ass lol

Nick Oct 2nd, 2012 12:17 AM

http://www.destructoid.com/review-re...6-235326.phtml

Wow, just wow. 3.0

Phoenix Gamma Oct 2nd, 2012 11:29 PM

Written by Jim "will do anything for hits" Sterling, no less.

Not saying the game looks good, just that Destructoid is shit these days. General consensus on RE6 is "meh" though, which is about what I expect from Resident Evil, to be honest.

Dr. Boogie Oct 2nd, 2012 11:57 PM

His review made it sound like everything I saw in the demo carried over for the whole game, even if you could tell at times that he was really reaching.

I'm not a big fan of his, but it sounds like he's more or less correct. Not as bad as Umbrella Chronicles, but worse than 5.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 3rd, 2012 01:34 AM

Fuck trains. Fuck hitting dodge to avoid a zombie attack then not having time to dodge a train.

OxBlood Oct 3rd, 2012 10:36 AM

Now I cant speak for the Chris and Jake-Campaigns but Leons Levels are WAY better than anything Re5 threw at us. Fun game so far.

Zomboid Oct 3rd, 2012 04:03 PM

Yeah, I'm really digging Leon's levels so far. I was playing on advanced, but I kept getting my ass kicked by regular zombies, so I'm gonna level up some skills first.

Zomboid Oct 4th, 2012 03:50 AM

Finished Leon's campaign and then played a little bit of Agent Hunt mode. It's pretty fun! I really liked what I've played so far, although leveling up the skills is a real bitch.

k0k0 Oct 4th, 2012 03:51 AM

I'm still playing Dead or Alive 5 online a lot, but I'm really just passing time while waiting for Dishonored to come out. I really hope the game scratches my Thief itch. The game reminds me so much of Thief.

WhiteRoseBrian Oct 4th, 2012 07:47 PM

In addition to Dead or Alive 5, I'm also playing a little bit of Fall of Cybertron and playing Nights into Dreams.

Zomboid Oct 4th, 2012 08:00 PM

Chris is a real badass in this game. Like, punching-heads-off badass.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 4th, 2012 09:47 PM

One thing I don't like about re5 is when you blast a zombies head off with a sd hotgun their heads sometimes just fall off their shoulders. Like pushing a head of lettuce off a kitchen counter.

Nick Oct 4th, 2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 762481)
His review made it sound like everything I saw in the demo carried over for the whole game, even if you could tell at times that he was really reaching.

I'm not a big fan of his, but it sounds like he's more or less correct. Not as bad as Umbrella Chronicles, but worse than 5.

The lightgun Wii games were fun for the story, and 5 was kinda okay if you had a bud to play with, but from all the other reviews and having played the demo I think Jim got one right for once.

Jim's still a prick though.

Capcom really does enjoy killing off their franchises lately, don't they?

Zomboid Oct 5th, 2012 02:23 AM

I'm actually liking Chris's campaign quite a bit, and it's been cited as the weakest of the three (four, if you count the extra one). How far in are you, 10k?

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 5th, 2012 08:28 AM

I just got to chapter 3 with leon so far. But playing a bit of mercs with jake.

Nick Oct 5th, 2012 10:31 AM

I just picked up Resident Evil 6 from a redbox. Time to hate myself.

Dr. Boogie Oct 5th, 2012 09:41 PM

So what is Agent Hunt like? Do they drop you in special zombies like L4D, or do you just take a random zombie and get after it, or what?

Zomboid Oct 5th, 2012 10:33 PM

Second one. Though at one point I was a screamer zombie. I hit a serpent emblem with his scream!

Nick Oct 7th, 2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 762567)
So what is Agent Hunt like? Do they drop you in special zombies like L4D, or do you just take a random zombie and get after it, or what?

Second option. Tons of people keep dropping in my game and getting wrecked by me. Then some douchebag will knock me down and get a instant kill because my retard AI partner is too busy eating a dick to help me up.

Zomboid Oct 7th, 2012 06:55 PM

Really? My AI partner has saved my ass countless times. I frequently have just one bar of health and end up going into near-death mode and then relying on Helena or Piers to save me.

Nick Oct 8th, 2012 06:17 AM

It works really well when not in Agent Hunt mode. That is the absolute only time I've had trouble with them since they decide to stand beside me and crap shoot at something rather than helping me. And that's terrible since if you're laying down anything touching you is an instant death.

Dimnos Oct 8th, 2012 11:33 AM

Been playing split screen with ma boy. We're not real far into Leon's campaign but having a blast with it. Love giving the people's elbow to a zombie as Halena or whatever her name is. :lol

Nick Oct 8th, 2012 12:22 PM

Leon's campaign is pretty decent so far. Not as good as 4 or even 5, but it's not terrible. I'm almost afraid to try the other two main campaigns.

Dimnos Oct 8th, 2012 05:27 PM

I liked 5 and played the shit out of it but I'm enjoying 6 even more.

Zomboid Oct 8th, 2012 06:32 PM

Same here. 4 is still my favorite of the series, followed by RE2 or Code Veronica, but this is grrrrreat!

Phoenix Gamma Oct 8th, 2012 07:02 PM

I decided to play Chrono Cross, because I've played Chrono Trigger maybe 10 times and never played Cross.

I think if I had to describe it in one word, it would be "gaudy". Everything is gaudy. Except the music.

I want the good games to start coming out :(

dextire Oct 8th, 2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 762621)
I want the good games to start coming out :(

The new X-Com comes out tomorrow. :halloween2

darkvare Oct 8th, 2012 09:53 PM

retro city rampage comes out tomorrow on ps3 and dishonored seems cool too

Nick Oct 9th, 2012 02:53 PM

Oh shit, guys OH SHIT. Retro City Rampage just came out TODAY. I absolutely love this game.

I carjacked what looked like the classic TMNT van, and when I pulled the guy out it was a Ninja Turtle. I love this game.

darkvare Oct 9th, 2012 04:27 PM

ha keep your mechromancer class pre order guys i have my sirecommando

Nick Oct 9th, 2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 762643)
I carjacked what looked like the classic TMNT van, and when I pulled the guy out it was a Ninja Turtle. I love this game.

Here's an image!

I love all the visual styles you can pick in the game. Including one to make it look like the Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, and Virtual Boy.

k0k0 Oct 9th, 2012 07:10 PM

So last night I went to the launch party for Dishonored. Got a buncha free stuff and actually had a good time. A shit ton of people who made it were there. I thought it'd just be a couple of dudes. Anyway, it's a great game so far. I played through the first level about 5 times to try and do it without killing anyone or getting seen. Still playing through the second level to try and do the same. This is the kind of game I love. And next playthrough I am going to go through and kill every single fucker I can.

Phoenix Gamma Oct 10th, 2012 06:11 PM

Retro City Rampage is cool if you want a game with as many references as an episode of Family Guy with gameplay that's basically GTA except it doesn't get boring quite as fast.

Also, I have a feeling it's going to be really short :\

Nick Oct 10th, 2012 06:52 PM

It has 60 missions, challenges and a sand box mode. And all for 15 bux. What more do you want, broski?

Also Family Guy just throws shitty nonsensical references around. What's so bad about an 8bit game referencing and parodying other old Nintendo games?

Fathom Zero Oct 10th, 2012 07:00 PM

I beat Dishonored yesterday. Took me somewhere in the realm of 9 1/2 hours being moderately stealthy and finding most of the runes and bone charms.

People really talked up the Ball and because of that I felt let down. It's not as good as anything in Hitman: Blood Money. The other level designs are really good, though. The Golden Cat stands out to me as one of my favorites, as are the last three levels or so. Really challenging.

k0k0 Oct 10th, 2012 09:05 PM

I've spent about 9 hours on dishonored and have only beaten 3 levels. I'm trying to do all of the sidequests while ghosting every level and not killing anybody. So I spend a lot of time trying shit out, then loading back up and trying more shit out. Then after I beat the game, I will go back and just tear the shit out of everybody with all of the deadly powers.

Fathom Zero Oct 10th, 2012 09:31 PM

I just ran around, trying to find the highest route possible.

Phoenix Gamma Oct 10th, 2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 762709)
It has 60 missions, challenges and a sand box mode. And all for 15 bux. What more do you want, broski?

Also Family Guy just throws shitty nonsensical references around. What's so bad about an 8bit game referencing and parodying other old Nintendo games?

Just tired with all of these indie games with their "ironic" graphics and shit. That, and I feel like every movie, TV show, and game has been milking 80's nostalgia for years.

I probably would have loved this a lot more when it was first announced years ago, is all :\

Nick Oct 10th, 2012 11:11 PM

I first found out about it a year ago. Retro City Rampage isn't something that just SUDDENLY popped up you know?

It's a neat little game. If you liked NES games, I'd definitely try it out if only for nostalgia's sake.

SKATERMONKEY Oct 10th, 2012 11:15 PM

Been thrashing Fifa 13 lately.

Nick Oct 11th, 2012 02:40 AM

I freaking love this game, check out the filters and extra crap.

Also, yes. I am riding Donkey Kong.

Nick Oct 11th, 2012 03:09 AM

Now I'm apparently robbing Shaggy.

And here I am in my ninja mask with my sweet turtle van I jacked off a TMNT. No matter where you snag it, it always has guns by default.

OxBlood Oct 11th, 2012 03:55 AM

Xcom and Dishonored.

Xcom is something I´ve been waiting for for years now, the industry needed a game like this, a almost perfect example how to implement classic elements into a modern game and do it right. It´s so much fun, I don´t even care that I fucked up after 6 hours and lost the game. Every single mission is so tense and writes its own little, highly dramatic story. So fucking good.

Dishonored kinda falls into the same lane for me, reminds me a lot of Thief and the first Deus Ex and that can never be a bad thing. I actually thought the first real level was tremendously easy but along came the second and BAM - I had to kill 4, 5 people just to get across the street. Gonna try that again later. Very good stuff. But 9 hours? I spent 7 just on the first level (Order HQ) alone, how can it be 9 hours long? How many Missions are there, three?

Fathom Zero Oct 11th, 2012 08:50 AM

9. Check my Steam gametime, son.

Fathom Zero Oct 11th, 2012 08:51 AM

http://steamcommunity.com/id/raggamofyn

dextire Oct 11th, 2012 05:48 PM

I completely agree about X-Com. It's an absolutely fantastic game! :halloween2
I was worried they would simplify it too much, but almost all of the choices and hard decisions of the first game are back.

Fathom Zero Oct 11th, 2012 09:08 PM

My review of Dishonored. To more enjoy Dishonored, you must first go back in time seven years and prevent yourself from playing Hitman: Blood Money.

OxBlood Oct 12th, 2012 06:06 AM

I don´t think Blood Money is a good comparison to Dishonored, they play totally different, their focus is different too.

Blood Money is the better Assassin-game of course, but then again, Dishonored is more like Thief, crossbred with Deus Ex and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

To me, the game would be pretty bad if you couldn´t teleport, it´s the defining move in the game. The thing that kinda breaks it for me is nightvision, or should I call it by its real name: Detective Vision, because that´s what it is. Get it, turn it on, never turn it off, see where everybody is, all the time. If you could only get two powers, those would be it, you don´t need any other feature in the game as it seems.

I´m also suprised how many ways to kill Corvo has when he´s cleary not supposed to kill anyone (it´s not as blatantly obvious as in Deus Ex but it rewards you for playing like that so in my book, that´s the preferable way to play the game).
I´m actually planning on doing a "kill everyone"-Playthrough with this, so basically the feeling is reverted with this game, as I would normally try not to kill anyone but that´s the way you play the game by default, at least I do. Sure, I HAVE killed enemies but...maybe 5 in the whole game so far and just because I was too lazy to load.

Dimnos Oct 12th, 2012 09:15 AM

Back on RE6. Is it just me or does anyone else think its dumb that Ada has a grappling gun? Idk why this bothers me so much; they can have bio engineered zombies but not grappling guns? I guess I feel its just lazy writing or something. Oh and she has a flashbang twice as thick as her arm that she pulled out of her lightweight scarf that even billows indoors. :rolleyes

Still a super fun game though.

Fathom Zero Oct 12th, 2012 09:52 AM

Then it's a pretty shit assassin game yet, because I've already got one. People everywhere are crowing about how awesome the Ball level is when there about 10 NPCs, discounting the patrolling guards. It's very underwhelming when I know that there is a better "DISGUISE YOURSELF AND GO TO A CROWDED PLACE AND FIND THE TARGET" mission in another game. At the end of the Sokolov level in his glass palace, said "Wow, this feels exactly like a room out of Batman: Arkham Asylum." It's made all the worse when you get to use said Detective Vision.

And there is big difference to me between the Thief games and this one. Where I felt the intensity of having to jump out of a window to avoid someone or having to find a way to shimmy onto a roof to find a better way in, I can just teleport outside before someone turns around and back in again or leap up onto the roof with level 2 agility and blink. Everything requires far less effort, which begs the question to me "Why does it matter?" What is this offering me? It's certainly not challenge. I beat the entire game on the hardest difficulty, using non-lethal takedowns on every single target, killing maybe four people throughout the course of the game, and snagging almost every rune and bone charm.

Spoilers!

All this in under 9 1/2 hours. Now I'm going back and ghosting the levels, which basically consist of me foregoing every single optional part and doing the mission as fast as possible, not bothering to set up elaborate traps or deal with sidequests or safes.

The world is well designed, but feels very sterile and unpeopled to me. I finished the game with feelings of ambivalence and wondered why anything mattered to me at all, not recounting a single "THIS WAS MY FAVORITE PART IN THE GAME" moment.

I'll never make a comparison between it and Deus Ex, though. They're nothing alike to me and there's certainly no feeling of "WHERE AIRDUCT?"

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 12th, 2012 10:05 AM

Thats how you know she is a spy.

Dimnos Oct 12th, 2012 11:15 AM

Its how I know she's batgirl.

Zomboid Oct 12th, 2012 03:30 PM

I've gotta get back in and play Jake and Sherry's campaign. TWO-FISTED JUSTICE!

Dimnos Oct 12th, 2012 03:44 PM

And who the fuck is Piers? Where is my token black chick from 5? Or even bimbo blond new Jill? :posh

Nick Oct 12th, 2012 03:49 PM

Claire is missing as well. That's the one character I miss most. Haven't seen her around since Code Veronicaa or that shitty Degeneration cellphone game. With her bro being a drunken sissy mess, you figured she'd be up to something interesting as well.

Just beat the Leon campgain, time for Chris of War.

Zomboid Oct 12th, 2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 762808)
And who the fuck is Piers? Where is my token black chick from 5? Or even bimbo blond new Jill? :posh

I can definitely respect the decision not to just throw everyone in; they already do that, to an extent (Sherry Birkin? Wesker's son?), and if they want to save a character or two for later, I see nothing wrong with that. Sheva only reminds me of horrible AI, so I'm not really missing her.

Not Dimnos: CHRIS OF WAR! LOLOLOLOLOLOL! It's a good thing you're judging the game based on its own merits instead of just parroting what you've read online. There's no better way to enjoy something than to go in with a pre-conceived notion that it's horrible.

Nick Oct 12th, 2012 04:46 PM

I wonder if they're saving Jill and Claire for Resident Evil 8? Also whatever happened to Hunk?

k0k0 Oct 13th, 2012 03:56 AM

I got to 50 on Borderlands 2 in order to prepare for the dlc next week. Then I started playing Happy Wars. Its a free xbox live game where you equip your dude in stupid looking stuff and attack the other team's base. Hack and slashy, but really fun and a lot of people running around at once. It's chaos if you don't get a good team.

King Hadas Oct 13th, 2012 02:32 PM

Did you guys hate Jill Valentine's redesign as much as I did? I thought Capcom would want to protect their intellectual property and yet here they've rendered one of their more iconic characters unrecognizable. Worst than that, it's not even an original design. I swear there's a lady in Tekken that looks identical.

Bought Castle Crashers on Steam. I feel a little tricked, 20+ playable characters but there's very little variation that I can see. And the boss battles are so fucking tedious, I can't decide who I hate more, the Corn Boss or that Ice Fuckhead. I like it though.

Phoenix Gamma Oct 13th, 2012 09:51 PM

Resident Evil is completely unrecognizable.

Dimnos Oct 13th, 2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Hadas (Post 762844)
Did you guys hate Jill Valentine's redesign as much as I did? I thought Capcom would want to protect their intellectual property and yet here they've rendered one of their more iconic characters unrecognizable. Worst than that, it's not even an original design. I swear there's a lady in Tekken that looks identical.

Yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 762853)
Resident Evil is completely unrecognizable.

Yes.

Fathom Zero Oct 14th, 2012 08:54 PM

http://www.mndaily.com/blogs/ae-blog...hts-dishonored

This is almost exactly how I felt.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 18th, 2012 09:17 AM

Playing through jakes campaign. Chapter 2 was really frustrating. Chapter 3 was awesome mostly because jake plays revolutionary etude on the piano. Brings back warm memories of scooby doo meeting the boo brothers.

Dimnos Oct 18th, 2012 09:46 AM

Just hit chapter 2 on Jake myself. Just curious, what skills do you guys take?

Zomboid Oct 18th, 2012 11:32 AM

I maxed out defense because when I was playing as Leon, I was sick of chump-ass zombies taking so much health from me. Then just firepower and melee.

Fuck, I need to play some more. I've been sick and sorta just watching horror movies on AMC.

Dimnos Oct 18th, 2012 11:46 AM

I picked up item drop, defense, and firearms.

Dimnos Oct 18th, 2012 01:02 PM

Jake Ch. 4

Spoilers!

Mad Melvin Oct 18th, 2012 01:05 PM

XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I love it. Playing it in ironman mode and I just ragequitted after my first encounter with mutons. They tore my men fresh and shiny new assholes and everything went to shit after that.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 18th, 2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 763072)
Jake Ch. 4

Spoilers!

Chapter 4 is ridiculous. mainly jake maneuvering the cog boat like a fucking place from sim city.

Some tips I found out.

If you dodge and lay on the ground you recover stamina quick. In quick time events you can use both analog sticks.
When climbing that fucking rope as leon chapter 5 hold both triggers down then alternate releasing them to climb fast without falling.

I have critical hit and firearms maxed at 3 then use zombie our j'aavo killer.

I used item pickup increase for a while but it seems almost trivial. Maybe its more useful for higher difficulties but I'm only running normal.

Dimnos Oct 18th, 2012 08:00 PM

I took it thinking I would pick up skill points faster. You guys seam to have about the same amout of skills, if not more, so Ill probably swap it out for something. Do you see much difference with crit?

Zomboid Oct 18th, 2012 08:39 PM

A buddy came over and we played Leon's second chapter. It's a pretty good one for skills, so I ended up boosting firepower and melee to level two. The magnum fucking destroys pretty much anything earlier in the game.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 19th, 2012 09:52 AM

If you pop things in the head with crit on you get a lot easy headshots.

I want to redo leons campaign too. Helena's quickshot with the hydra is badass.

kahljorn Oct 19th, 2012 12:58 PM

fuck you guys for making me want to buy this god damned game

kahljorn Oct 19th, 2012 12:58 PM

now ill probably go out and buy it, in two days you guys will get bored with it and in a week ill regret wasting my money on it

you sons of a bitch

Dimnos Oct 19th, 2012 01:37 PM

What would you get it on? Do you even own a ps3? Fuck you for getting my hopes up. Vare, did you ever get re6? I know you have h ps3.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 19th, 2012 04:44 PM

I still would play re5 and dead island too.

Son if a bitch.

Zomboid Oct 19th, 2012 06:19 PM

I have it on 360 but haven't played it with anyone online.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 19th, 2012 09:37 PM

Saved chris for last. Holy shit. His coup de grace where he picks up a guy and throws him like a javelin. :wank

Dimnos Oct 19th, 2012 10:33 PM

Beat Jake this morning. The last fight is :lol

Spoilers!