I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

King Hadas Feb 20th, 2010 07:51 PM

Borrowed a Wii and rented Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. I talked a lot of smack about this game and now I'm eating my words. I really enjoyed it. I can easily enumerate the doubts I had but the main thing was that this is a remake. "Re-imagining" conjures up a picture of some arrogant sack of shit who thinks he can redo and surpass a great piece of work simply because he has access to some modern tech but that's not what's happening here.

Spoilers!

And I love all this gimmicky shit; the wheelchair, the car sequences and how phone messages are actually played through your Wii-remote.

I didn't like the chase sequences though, if you can believe that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 672136)
Sirent Hirr Spoirers
Spoilers!

Canonical discussions are lame but it is hard to stick Shattered Memories in with the rest of the series. The aesthetics are almost completely different and there's no ambiguity.

Spoilers!

Guitar Woman Feb 21st, 2010 12:27 AM

The photographs got me too, although I still think my favorite part is the whole creepy runabout in the woods. It's the only part of the game that's got any sort of atmosphere beyond "there's nobody here."

darkvare Feb 21st, 2010 12:30 AM

i was watching the endings and a dude posted a comment that made perfect sense they are not many endings but part of a forgotten reallity excluding the joke ending

King Hadas Feb 21st, 2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 673365)
my favorite part is the whole creepy runabout in the woods.

You mean the chase sequence?

I was equivocating a bit in my last post, this game is fucking brilliant.

Spoilers!

Guitar Woman Feb 21st, 2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Do the monsters change shape with your psychological assessment?
Yes, although I've still only played through it once

The deformities and wounds they had on mine were actually really creepy, I didn't like them :<

Also, the entire woods sequence, not just the chase part. I hate the chases a lot, but they're not dealbreakers. It just feels less like Clock Tower and more like the levels in Crash Bandicoot where you run away from the boulder.

One thing I thought was weird was when you examine the "ABCs of Drugs" poster at the high school, and Harry goes, "I do love my ABCs" in kind of a sly tone. Does that mean he's a massive cokehead or what?

King Hadas Feb 21st, 2010 05:50 PM

The flashlight was making me motion sick while I was in the forest.

Also, the thing you said about Crash Bandicoot is exactly how I feel about the chases. They could almost be fun even but they add nothing to the atmosphere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 673414)
One thing I thought was weird was when you examine the "ABCs of Drugs" poster at the high school, and Harry goes, "I do love my ABCs" in kind of a sly tone. Does that mean he's a massive cokehead or what?

I bet you were a slacker in high school. You have to remember
Spoilers!

MarioRPG Feb 22nd, 2010 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 673365)
The photographs got me too, although I still think my favorite part is the whole creepy runabout in the woods. It's the only part of the game that's got any sort of atmosphere beyond "there's nobody here."

For me that was like "oh christ where do I go." I actually felt 'lost'.

darkvare Feb 22nd, 2010 06:03 PM

anyone plans on getting heavy rain after playing the demo is just a rent for me

OxBlood Feb 23rd, 2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 673548)
anyone plans on getting heavy rain after playing the demo is just a rent for me

Nah, Iīll probably borrow it from a friend, itīs nothing I would buy (as long as there is something else to play at least).

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 23rd, 2010 11:15 AM

I have to get Left 4 Dead now too. Once the Passing campaign comes out for L4D2 there's going to be a new campaign added onto L4D as well.

Fathom Zero Feb 23rd, 2010 11:27 AM

Really?

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 23rd, 2010 12:23 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_4_Dead_2#The_Passing

:(

I've only played one campaign in the first one. I better get good at it quick.

kahljorn Feb 23rd, 2010 04:11 PM

its pretty much the same except you can hide in corners if you want :O

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 23rd, 2010 08:51 PM

I'm decent with guns but sometimes I rely on melee. :(

Guitar Woman Feb 23rd, 2010 09:48 PM

Nobody is worse at Left 4 Dead than I am.

As an example, one time me and my butt-buddies for the day were patching up in a health room, and as it ended up I got an extra health kit that some other guy wanted later. I wasn't sure how to just give it to him without using it on him right away, so I tried the method with pills where you approach the character and right click to hand it to them.

What actually happened was Francis ran up and punched Louis right in the fucking face. Fucking hilarious, but not entirely functional.

Zomboid Feb 24th, 2010 05:00 AM

Going between RE5, ME2 (insanity playthrough), and Modern Warfare 2. It's a pretty good mix, because I don't like playing RE5 as much as I did RE4.

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 24th, 2010 05:03 AM

I just played some L4D2 with some assjabs who's every move was to "Go left. Go fucking left.....Lockeness why the fuck aren't you going left??~?~! This game is designed to always go left!"

You know what guy. Fuck you in your fucking mouth. You know why no one goes left.....because its the fucking predetermined path....where they know you'll be coming. If I wanted to fucking go left I would have hopped on your merry fucking back and gave you a damn reach-around. Fuck I hate stupid people.

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 24th, 2010 05:04 AM

That and just beat RE5 Lost Nightmares on Pro mode.....

PLAY IT AGAIN SAM :p

Fathom Zero Feb 24th, 2010 05:10 AM

I just saw bits of Introversion's new game and it made me go back and play Uplink again. It's stupid to be this excited for a game that comes out next year.

kamrinjacobs Feb 25th, 2010 02:49 AM

I'm currently replaying Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door, and I'm trying to see how far I can go with 20 HP. Also, my boyfriend and I are currently running a co-op campaign on Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell for the Wii.

Sam Feb 27th, 2010 01:13 AM

YOU FUCKING ORANGE SHIRTED COW, WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T PRY BRICKS OUT OF A FIREPLACE WITH A POKER, YOU CAN'T BASH THE SHIT OUT OF THEM WITH THE HAMMER (BECAUSE IT MAKES A MESS :FUCKYOUBITCH), AND THE ONLY WAY THAT YOU WILL REMOVE SAID BRICKS IS WITH A FUCKING LETTER OPENER THAT WAS HIDDEN IN A GODDAMN ONYX STATUE OR SOME SHIT >:

Fathom Zero Feb 27th, 2010 03:54 AM

Hahahhaha

executioneer Feb 27th, 2010 03:55 AM

hopefully she gets trapped in a magician's contraption that messily bisects her head later on ;(

kahljorn Feb 27th, 2010 08:31 AM

hopefully you can use some of your objects on her to make her remove her clothing

darkvare Feb 27th, 2010 12:43 PM

i finally tried uncharteds 2 mp is like playing gears of war but without chainsaws and executions me no likey