I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

executioneer Jul 22nd, 2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 692834)
I thought Sands of Time was real fun until I realized that "flip over the enemies head and stab them in the back" move would kill any enemy in one go. Then it just sucked. :\

man theres lots of enemies you can't do that to

Phoenix Gamma Jul 22nd, 2010 04:51 PM

Not really a video game, but it's related: I just watched the Professor Layton movie.

That man can take down a pack of wolves, a giant robot thing, and win a sword fight all in the same film. So awesome. They really need to hurry up and release the next two games so that the film can finally get dubbed.

Dimnos Jul 22nd, 2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 692850)
man theres lots of enemies you can't do that to

As far as I recall there was one. Some big guy who would grab and throw you across the room when you tried it. All you had to do was use the dagger to slow down time and he then couldnt grab you. Oh and that maneuver would also refill your dagger so you could keep doing it if you needed to.

DougClayton4231 Jul 22nd, 2010 05:52 PM

It's funny that Warrior Within actually improved the combat system and the platforming, but people unanimously hated the game because the prince was no longer a crybaby douchebag. I didn't know that improvements could garner so much hatred in the gaming community.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 22nd, 2010 07:32 PM

He wasn't a crybaby in the original. A spoiled prince? yea. But he's kinda supposed to be a Prince. I think the word's somewhere in the title.

Angsty "Crawling in my Skin" McAngsterton isn't an appealing character. At least in Two thrones they were back on track and had a solid ending to the trilogy. Even if the two prince thing sucked.

DougClayton4231 Jul 22nd, 2010 07:39 PM

It's funny, I hated him in the first one, was indifferent to him in the second one, and I barely remember the third one (other than it was hard as shit).

I'm going to attempt to sit through The Last Airbender tonight. Wish me luck.

darkvare Jul 22nd, 2010 11:44 PM

i just got afro samurai i loved the series the game is cool but not great

captain516 Jul 23rd, 2010 07:22 PM

Im bored with Halo 3. Now I'm just stacking up explosives in Forge and blowing them up.

DougClayton4231 Jul 23rd, 2010 07:42 PM

I just started playing Alien Swarm. Best free game I've played in a log time. Anyone want to play?

darkvare Jul 23rd, 2010 08:40 PM

my pc won't run it and is not for mac :(

DougClayton4231 Jul 24th, 2010 07:44 AM

Oh my god, I got near the end of Prototype and it feels fucking impossible! Keeping up with 18 different enemies that can all kill you in one big combo is ridiculous. And then the army shows up and makes it even more difficult. Who thought that this was fun?

Dr. Boogie Jul 24th, 2010 02:50 PM

I found that in battles like that, it helps to swipe rocket launchers from the army and use them on the heavier enemies.

darkvare Jul 24th, 2010 04:56 PM

oh capcom i love you

Fathom Zero Jul 24th, 2010 05:29 PM

It's probably gonna get released laaaaaaate into next year or the one after that. Excited? Ehhh. It's more like, "That's cool."

Phoenix Gamma Jul 24th, 2010 08:50 PM

I'm not into Tekken, and was bummed when the rumored "Namco vs Capcom" turned out to be this. Still, Chun Li jumping in for a double ultra was pretty awesome.

TheCoolinator Jul 25th, 2010 02:59 AM

Popped in Road Rash II again on my Genesis.....This time around I could handle the choppy frame rate and got all the way up to Level 3 before I turned it off. Good Stuff.

The PC / Saturn / SegaCD version is IMO the best Road Rash ever created but that's only because I've never played Road Rash 64 yet.

DougClayton4231 Jul 25th, 2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 693102)
I found that in battles like that, it helps to swipe rocket launchers from the army and use them on the heavier enemies.

Does that make a huge difference? I'm in the fight against the supreme hunter and I end up just rolling all over the place trying to avoid getting killed. They really needed to make the whip weapon more damaging against the hunters imo.

TheCoolinator Jul 25th, 2010 11:42 AM

http://uogamers.com/

Free UO shard. Got a guild, some houses, and love PKing....you all should join.

darkvare Jul 25th, 2010 09:10 PM

best toy review ever

I was a little disappointed when I first bought this item, because the functionality is limited. My 5 year old son pointed out that the passenger's shoes cannot be removed. Then, we placed a deadly fingernail file underneath the passenger's scarf, and neither the detector doorway nor the security wand picked it up. My son said "that's the worst security ever!". But it turned out to be okay, because when the passenger got on the Playmobil B757 and tried to hijack it, she was mobbed by a couple of other heroic passengers, who only sustained minor injuries in the scuffle, which were treated at the Playmobil Hospital.
The best thing about this product is that it teaches kids about the realities of living in a high-surveillence society. My son said he wants the Playmobil Neighborhood Surveillence System set for Christmas. I've heard that the CC TV cameras on that thing are pretty worthless in terms of quality and motion detection, so I think I'll get him the Playmobil Abu-Gharib Interogation Set instead (it comes with a cute little memo from George Bush).

Phoenix Gamma Jul 25th, 2010 09:44 PM

EDIT: nvm I thought you actually wrote that.

Someone was bored on the internet one night...

Dr. Boogie Jul 25th, 2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 693200)
Does that make a huge difference? I'm in the fight against the supreme hunter and I end up just rolling all over the place trying to avoid getting killed. They really needed to make the whip weapon more damaging against the hunters imo.

It really does. I was getting smacked every 2-3 seconds in the fight, but then I found that the combination of the damage and heatseeking from those things makes them invaluable against the Supreme Hunter.

None of the infantry weapons seem that effective when they're being used on you, but they do wonders against organic enemies, especially rifles vs soldiers.

DougClayton4231 Jul 26th, 2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 693366)
It really does. I was getting smacked every 2-3 seconds in the fight, but then I found that the combination of the damage and heatseeking from those things makes them invaluable against the Supreme Hunter.

None of the infantry weapons seem that effective when they're being used on you, but they do wonders against organic enemies, especially rifles vs soldiers.

Thanks Dr. Boogie! Maybe I can actually beat it now lol. I started playing Alan Wake on Nightmare, and it really holds to the standard of being like a fucking nightmare. 2 hits and you're dead. Dodging projectiles is pretty much not going to happen in this game, so I expect to die a lot when you have to fight the ghost objects.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 26th, 2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 693121)
oh capcom i love you

They had a playable demo at comic con but the line was too much.

darkvare Jul 26th, 2010 04:19 PM

just finished limbo i don'y get the ending :/

Shadowdancer21b Jul 26th, 2010 09:10 PM

I am playing the results of my last trip to the bargain bin. Summoner, the Bouncer, and Dynasty Warriors 2. There is a very, very good reason for these to have been on the bargain bin.