I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 5th, 2010 09:17 PM

I think they got bought out by some other company. I could be wrong though.

Fathom Zero Aug 5th, 2010 09:23 PM

I'm pretty sure that's what happened. How else could there be more Mortal Kombat stuff?

darkvare Aug 5th, 2010 10:41 PM

warner brothers bought them and gave them a new name netherrealm studios

DougClayton4231 Aug 6th, 2010 08:32 AM

They actually look like they'll do good work now, so I'm happy. It's gonna be a good year for them, Mortal Kombat, NBA Jam, and I think they have another title coming out too. It's nice to see companies start going back to what made games so much fun in the past.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 6th, 2010 12:49 PM

I was thinking about getting Castlevania: HD on xbox live. My friend says its a lot of fun to play but every review I read is terrible.

Dimnos Aug 6th, 2010 01:24 PM

The new multiplayer one?

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 6th, 2010 02:46 PM

yeah, its looks kind of fun. There's only 6 levels though, and no exp system. just go through said level, collect equipment/weapons/powerups then go and kill the boss.

Dimnos Aug 6th, 2010 03:27 PM

Why do they say its terrible?

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 6th, 2010 05:33 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castlev...pair#Reception

I can't link the sites directly right now but the wiki entry says:
Spoilers!

Basically that its like a BASIC BASIC BASIC version of castlevania is really short but with multiplayer. Also its 1200 points.

Fathom Zero Aug 6th, 2010 05:35 PM

There's a lot not explained to you. In the demo, I had to remember how to use Alucard's powers, and even then, the buttons are mixed up.

The main thing is that there's no feedback for anything you do.

Nick Aug 6th, 2010 11:28 PM

It sucks. The end.

Fathom Zero Aug 6th, 2010 11:51 PM

I'd like it more with more people. But right now, it's only myself. :(

Phoenix Gamma Aug 7th, 2010 12:00 AM

Yea, I hear it's pretty abysmal by yourself. Also only 5 characters for 6 players. Woo! :lol

I think I'm gonna give God Hand a shot. I hear both amazing and horrible things about it, and since I can emulate it now I won't have to drive three towns over to buy a used copy. Anyone else play it?

Nick Aug 7th, 2010 12:01 AM

They said they would add more characters if you give them more money.

NO THANKS! :D

Fathom Zero Aug 7th, 2010 12:11 AM

Soma Cruz is supposed to be coming to it.

darkvare Aug 7th, 2010 12:44 AM

soma, shanoa, jonathan, alucard and the girl that helps jonathan are the characters in the game right now

Phoenix Gamma Aug 7th, 2010 12:56 AM

Charlotte. How could you forget their names? They said it all the time in Portrait of Ruin when you changed characters.
CHARLOTTE!
JOHNATHAN!
Yea they were pretty generic. Sometimes I'd just hammer the change button just to loop that. I don't know why.

Actually I liked that game the most of the DS ones. Wasn't too hard, had lots of different locations. Just needed better artwork. Ecclesia was too hard :(

Fathom Zero Aug 7th, 2010 01:20 AM

I don't pay any attenention to Castlevania most of the time. Must have meant Maria.

Dr. Boogie Aug 7th, 2010 01:48 AM

The rumor is that the first DLC adds Maria and Julius Belmont to the game. Why Julius and not, say, Richter? No idea.

I've been playing it because I'm a sucker for Castlevania.

Every seems pretty balanced. The stages themselves aren't too tough, but then you get to the bosses, and things get rough. In particular, the Puppet Master is total BS. Dracula wishes he had a no-miss attack that takes nearly half your life.

I'm finding that I just cannot play as anyone but Shanoa for the tougher levels. From the get-go, her starting spells are just so goddamn powerful, they only get stronger when you use them, and most have ridiculous range to boot. Compare this to guys like Soma who are getting weapons that do as much damage as Shanoa's spells do at the beginning of the game, toward the end of the game.

The downside: I've nearly completed the game, and I've only found four other glyphs for her (that is, her weapons and spells). Kind of a bummer when you consider the other characters getting dozens of new weapons and such.

darkvare Aug 7th, 2010 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 694448)
Charlotte. How could you forget their names? They said it all the time in Portrait of Ruin when you changed characters.
CHARLOTTE!
JOHNATHAN!
Yea they were pretty generic. Sometimes I'd just hammer the change button just to loop that. I don't know why.

Actually I liked that game the most of the DS ones. Wasn't too hard, had lots of different locations. Just needed better artwork. Ecclesia was too hard :(

i hated portrait of ruin so i didn't payed much attention ecclesia was my favorite but out of all the portables aria of sorrow is definitly my favorite

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 7th, 2010 09:04 AM

edit: Double post lag

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 7th, 2010 09:05 AM

I played the demo for Castlevania HD last night and it wasn't too bad. I might get it and play tonight.

Fathom Zero Aug 7th, 2010 11:07 AM

I'm having fun with the demo. I'll probably be snagging it sometime.

MarioRPG Aug 7th, 2010 12:18 PM

I wasn't impressed with the demo.

darkvare Aug 7th, 2010 01:27 PM

i got brutal legend and like the macdonalds add says i'm loving it