I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Phoenix Gamma Aug 20th, 2010 06:24 AM

Metroid Prime Trilogy. I need something to hold me over till Other M, which I really really really want.

I never really liked the first Prime all that much. Dunno why I beat it. I figured playing with the Wii controls would make me like it more, but...ehhh...it's not as much fun as the 2D games, for a lot of reasons. I'll probably boot up one of them today and get my fix.

DougClayton4231 Aug 20th, 2010 08:44 AM

I heard that the new Dragon Quest is coming out for the Wii, I can't wait to play it.

The thing I've noticed about motion controller technology is that it all depends on the quality of coding from developers. MPT on the Wii plays perfectly even though it doesn't use motion plus, but I had a lot of strange issues with getting the controls to work in Red Steel 2. Kinect might get better with time and experience, like all technology. PS Move has no reason for having lag though, developers have been working with lesser tech on the Wii for 4 years now :P.

OxBlood Aug 20th, 2010 09:43 AM

Yeah, I suppose the lighting has to be optimal or something for it to work perfectly...I´m not really a good person to talk about motion-control, cause I don´t get it. I don´t understand why you wouldn´t want to play efficiently and fast by using a controller, doesn´t get much faster than that until they plug those things into our brains :D

I still remember the time when the EyeToy came out. I was fun, sure. For about thirty minutes then we all went back to playing with controllers *shrugs* But as I said, I don´t get it.

Sacks Aug 20th, 2010 09:49 AM

I just started playing through Castlevania: SotN. I played it a long time ago but for only 30 minutes. It's pretty awesome.

TheCoolinator Aug 20th, 2010 01:03 PM

Batman: Arkham Asylum on hard is extremely difficult. (punches wall*)

DougClayton4231 Aug 20th, 2010 02:21 PM

I've been thinking about playing through Arkham Asylum on hard again, I love that game.

Motion control works for FPS's, RTS's, Adventure games and that sort of thing. I don't see the point in motion controls for like RPG's though. Maybe that's the future lol.

Dr. Boogie Aug 20th, 2010 02:50 PM

I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I'll just think of the success of the Eyetoy.

Dimnos Aug 20th, 2010 02:57 PM

Right. :lol I would like to see a demo of someone using it to play and FPS. Can the damn thing tell when you squeeze your trigger finger vs you just moving your hand(s) for aiming? How does it know when you throw a grenade? When you make the throwing motion right? How does it know what kind of grenade you want to throw? Stuff like that.

Dr. Boogie Aug 20th, 2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 695877)
How does it know when you throw a grenade? When you make the throwing motion right?

Two words: windmill.

Dimnos Aug 20th, 2010 04:13 PM

But how does it know if I wanted to use a frag or a flash? Maybe I wanted to throw my C4 over that wall.

darkvare Aug 20th, 2010 04:47 PM

theres fotage of kinect playing half life 2 let me find it
here i dunno if its real so don't bug me about it

Supafly345 Aug 20th, 2010 05:05 PM

With how little control they have over the game, It has a decent chance of being real.

Dimnos Aug 20th, 2010 05:17 PM

No sound. No explanation on what motions he is making to get it do to anything. And Half Life 2? Probably one of the most simple FPS games out there. 90% of the game you just use that dumb grav gun. Does it even have grenades? Play some Team Fortress or Counterstrike on it then I might take it seriously.

Dr. Boogie Aug 20th, 2010 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 695886)
But how does it know if I wanted to use a frag or a flash? Maybe I wanted to throw my C4 over that wall.

Windmill, double windmill, jazz hands.

LordSappington Aug 20th, 2010 07:28 PM

Just beat Dante's Inferno, Bioshock 2, and playing L4D2 again. I just can't get enough of that damn game. :(

DougClayton4231 Aug 21st, 2010 10:30 AM

Whoa, whoa, whoa party people, I was talking about the Wiimote/Move type of motion controls, not the laggy Kinect bullshit. Other than the dance game, I think it might be a utter flop at launch.

BTW Dr. Boogie, you're hilarious. Any game that includes jazz hands will be instant success.

Fathom Zero Aug 21st, 2010 10:38 AM

I'm playing through Gears of War. Never finished the first.

darkvare Aug 21st, 2010 01:41 PM

theres a video of killzone 3 played in move

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 21st, 2010 03:15 PM

Found out how to level up sub weapons and spells in Castlevania HD so trying to get everything to level 9 right now.

Dr. Boogie Aug 21st, 2010 03:43 PM

Get the Mastery Ring. I don't know how much easier it makes it, but it works for both Shanoa and Jonathan.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 21st, 2010 04:22 PM

Even with the mastery ring it was taking forever so I checked out survival mode. Basically you equip the item that uses HP instead of MP for skills then just burn through it using the one you want to level. When you die you respawn with full health. Rinse. Repeat.

Also select the main subweapon you want to use as DOWN B, then use it while hitting LEFT BUMPER. It will spam the attack faster so its easier to level up. Still takes forever though.

DougClayton4231 Aug 22nd, 2010 01:04 PM

Trying out Mafia 2 today, I'll be sure to tell you all how it is.

MrAdventure Aug 23rd, 2010 02:43 AM

i play tf2 like it's a second job aka i a p big faggot

Phoenix Gamma Aug 23rd, 2010 06:37 PM

Beat Metroid Zero Mission in one sitting last night, 'round 2 and a half hours? I was trying to get 100% but some of the items require some absurd Shinespark abuse to get them, so I settled for 60%. But man, that game is probably THE best remake ever made.

Playing Super Metroid now. So hyped for Other M.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrAdventure (Post 696169)
i play tf2 like it's a second job aka i a p big faggot

Me too. I've been cutting down, but earlier this month there were two nights when I looked at the time and was like "SHHHHHHHHHHIT". I don't play as much now mostly because the more you play, the less drops you get. And I've been having internet problems.

Dr. Boogie Aug 23rd, 2010 07:28 PM

Finished up Nier last week.

The story was surprisingly interesting, and had very little of SquareEnix's usual JRPG bullcrap. The problem is that the main story is about 10 hours long, and the rest is side quests that are almost entirely gather/fetch quests. And they threw in fishing and gardening minigames because they felt like the main game wasn't slow enough.