I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

DougClayton4231 Sep 1st, 2010 05:39 PM

I think that the motion control thing is kinda barking up the wrong tree. As Phoenix said, everyone who wanted motion controls already has a Wii. Why would they invest hundreds of dollars just to see different interpretations with better graphics? It's kind of a hard sell.

3D is the worst marketable idea that these companies have had in a good while. Most people still don't even have HDTVs, much less 3DTVs which cost more, require stupid glasses, give you eye strain and require a source of 3D programming (a 3D blu-ray player or 3D cable service, HD video game console). Who the fuck are they marketing to in the worst economic situation since the Great Depression?

OxBlood Sep 1st, 2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 696867)
A big part of me wants Kinect and Move to fail just so companies will abandon the motion control fad and move onto something else. Same goes for all the 3D stuff.

This I shall quote for truth. In two languages even, itīs just TOO true.
Zitiert, weil es wahr ist!

The whole wagglestuff gets on my nerve. Up till now the whole concept was kept in check through the Wii, but nooooo now we all need that shit right? Same goes for 3D.

Thereīs only one thing we need: Good games. And those donīt require me to flail my arms about like some kind of fucking windmill.

Iīll get some tea now, Iīm ill and Iīm playing japanese brawl-RPGs here, leave me alone with your fancy motion-stuff :lol

dextire Sep 1st, 2010 07:07 PM

Spent most of the last month in hospital waiting rooms for various family and friends. None of the hospitals had wifi.

So I finally bought a DSi and have been playing Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.
It's the closest thing to a sequel for Mario RPG that I've seen. It's great! :)

Phoenix Gamma Sep 1st, 2010 09:01 PM

Waiting for my Beta key for Final Fantasy XVI sometime in the next hour. I'm not even sure why I wanna play the damn game; I had a trial to FFXI and got bored of it before it was up. And besides that I haven't touched an MMO since Ragnarok Online back when I was like...15?

At least everyone else will be as inept at the game as I am from the get-go.

darkvare Sep 1st, 2010 11:12 PM

is that beta for pc?

Phoenix Gamma Sep 1st, 2010 11:59 PM

Yup. It just went up, except the servers had a heart attack and I'm still waiting to get to the application page that lets me get my code >:

OxBlood Sep 2nd, 2010 06:01 AM

Ha, I´d like to know if the game´s as boring as 11 back then. Or more super-tedious and the controls sucked ass.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 2nd, 2010 06:10 AM

I dunno. I'm MMO illiterate :(

I did one quest by myself though! Except the names are all weird because it's FinalfuckingFantasy so I dunno if I'm accepting a quest or an item accepting a quest.

My guy looks like Balthier though :D

You guys should join too so someone can babysit me. :(

OxBlood Sep 2nd, 2010 07:34 AM

I would but neither do I have the beta nor do I have a PC that can cope with anything that is not a browser or some game from 1995 :D

My normal PCs still busted and until I find work, there won´t be enough money around to buy a new one...

DougClayton4231 Sep 2nd, 2010 08:04 AM

That sucks Ox. I got to play the demo of Dead Rising 2 and I was pretty impressed. I like that your goal in killing zombies isn't being a selfish dick anymore. Otherwise, the new expanded gameplay is pretty cool. I love the weapon combination idea.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 2nd, 2010 08:14 AM

Aw well it's an open beta if anyone else wants in.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 2nd, 2010 11:11 AM

I've been waiting for FF XIV for a while. Spent way too much time on FF XI. Know this might sound dumb but the storyline for FF XI is actually really good. It just took FOREVER to get to.

Played the demo for Shank and Dead Rising 2. The dead rising 2 camera angle is still bad. Weapon combination is cool. I understand that everything shouldn't be combined but saw blade + power drill should have.

Shank felt like Castle Crashers but with more blood.

Dimnos Sep 2nd, 2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 696911)
Aw well it's an open beta if anyone else wants in.

I tried to sign up for it but the server was down. :\ If I ever make it Ill let you know. Maybe we can crack some skulls.

OxBlood Sep 2nd, 2010 11:50 AM

Oh hey, a question about Dead Rising 2: Concerning the aiming when using a gun...is it still digital like in the first one? That was pretty stupid back then and it still is now. Aiming´s gotta be analogue (I don´t even know if you say it like that in english, but I´m sure you know what I mean)

Fathom Zero Sep 2nd, 2010 12:54 PM

Uhhh.

You can move around while aiming, now, if that's what you mean. Otherwise, it's like Dead Rising and the recent Resident Evils.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 2nd, 2010 02:56 PM

Analogue aiming. I gunned the football at a zombie.

OxBlood Sep 2nd, 2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 696922)
Uhhh.

You can move around while aiming, now, if that's what you mean. Otherwise, it's like Dead Rising and the recent Resident Evils.

What I mean when I say "digital aiming" is that it moves like...letīs see...before there were analog-sticks, controlling things was digital, aiming and steering was especially hard back then because you could only move cursors and steering at 100% speed or intensity wheras today you can fine-tune your movement by using analoge-sticks. Know what I mean now?

I guess 10k Volt Ghost already answered it.

darkvare Sep 2nd, 2010 04:14 PM

is like gears of war aiming dude once you go into aim mode the right stick moves it also anyone knows where the effing roaring oar is i wanna make the chainsaw combo weapon

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 2nd, 2010 04:51 PM

I think it turns into a "roaring oar" after the chainsaw is attached.

Fathom Zero Sep 2nd, 2010 04:58 PM

I didn't know it had to do with sensitivity. I just called it sensitivity. :\ I'm a dumb.

I like the Beer Hat. :D

Fathom Zero Sep 2nd, 2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 696941)
is like gears of war aiming dude once you go into aim mode the right stick moves it also anyone knows where the effing roaring oar is i wanna make the chainsaw combo weapon

The far west side on your map at the police station.

darkvare Sep 2nd, 2010 05:03 PM

thanks, also i used the hat during a boss fight and chuck got sick it was hilarious cause he got shot and went spinning spewing a vomit tornado :lol

Phoenix Gamma Sep 2nd, 2010 06:44 PM

http://kotaku.com/5628837/will-duke-...to-play-at-pax

ULWAYZ BET AWN DOUK :rock

Dr. Boogie Sep 2nd, 2010 07:14 PM

What makes the story even better is that they cite John St. Jon's tweets, and yet he says in one of his tweets that his presence has nothing to do with Duke Nukem.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 2nd, 2010 08:09 PM

Yea, Kotaku chugs dick, but I'm a huge supporter of Duke Nukem Forever coming out. I'm not even a big fan. I just want the game to come out so I can say I witnessed it actually happen. :lol