I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Fathom Zero Mar 19th, 2011 09:15 PM

I got all my items taken away repeatedly and was forced to fight in gladiatorial tournaments. :dumbglasses

Fathom Zero Mar 19th, 2011 10:06 PM

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...single-player/

that's a little damning. Hahaha.

dextire Mar 20th, 2011 12:59 AM

"It’s hard to capture quite how much this game seems to hate you for wanting to be involved..." :lol

Fathom Zero Mar 20th, 2011 05:29 AM

lol

OxBlood Mar 21st, 2011 02:42 PM

Ha, will you look at that. My Yakuza 4 came in the mail today. I fucking LOVE that series.

And this time we get the whole package again...apart from the quiz, okay. But I´d play this for the Mahjongg-parlors alone :)

darkvare Mar 21st, 2011 03:32 PM

wait you can't play mahjong in 3?

Dr. Boogie Mar 21st, 2011 03:56 PM

Nah, they cut out mahjong and hostess parlors for the western release.

I can't say I was too broken up about it because I hated the hostess sections and don't know how to play mahjong, but it was still too bad that they cut stuff like that.

darkvare Mar 21st, 2011 04:02 PM

but there's a mahjong place you can enter i thought you could play there

Dr. Boogie Mar 21st, 2011 04:07 PM

Nope, all you can do is pick up a locker key and leer at the NPCs playing mahjong.

darkvare Mar 21st, 2011 04:13 PM

lame also i find it kinda funny thet there are chicks waiting for me at the burger place to go on dates

MLE Mar 21st, 2011 04:22 PM

you're 15 again

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 21st, 2011 05:56 PM

Not too much of a stretch, Didn't you just have your Oquincho Orcha last year Darkvare? I remember pictures.

darkvare Mar 21st, 2011 09:13 PM

is quinceañera and no, i'm 23

OxBlood Mar 22nd, 2011 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 715882)
Nah, they cut out mahjong and hostess parlors for the western release.

I can't say I was too broken up about it because I hated the hostess sections and don't know how to play mahjong, but it was still too bad that they cut stuff like that.

I agree. We (Europe even more than the US) can be happy to get the game at all but there was still no reason to cut all that stuff.

Now, I donīt care about the hostess-stuff either but Iīm gonna take a look at it, especially since I just read Tokyo Vice which explains the whole thing along with most other Kabukicho/Kamurocho-related activities quite well.

As for Mahjongg...I can play a specific type of Mahjongg and I know the rules but itīs still hard to tell the number-pieces apart without any help...that, and I donīt remember any good hands anyway. Still a lot of fun.
Found a shitload of keys too since thereīs double as many lockers in Kamurocho this time (no Okinawa sadly, I love that place)...

Fathom Zero Mar 22nd, 2011 02:55 PM

Started playing STALKER again. Does anyone want to try it with me?

Guitar Woman Mar 22nd, 2011 06:05 PM

I'm digging Call of Pripyat off and on.

One thing I noticed is that there aren't any artifacts, or if there are they're really shitty and pump you full of radiation, which is never worth it.

I read something about having to use that weirdo flip-up sensor thing to find them, but I'm a hardcore shootin' motherfucker and Call of Pripyat is a lot less brutal than Shadow of Chernobyl, so I don't think being a superhuman death machine via radioactive magic is really necessary. It also makes artifacts seem like more of a commodity among Stalkers when you can't just walk outside and pick up a ridiculously good one while tiptoeing through the tulips.

I do miss being able to sprint forever, though. Even if you have an energy drink IV drip going you still have to stop for a breather every 40 feet.

Also, there's one mission early on in the game where a mob boss hires you to gun down a camp full of innocent rookie Stalkers, and you can opt to betray him instead and kill his whole hit squad. Buuuuuuuuut after I did that I went back to the place where he was chilling to see if I could kill him, too, and take all his mad mafia loot. He proceeded to amiably chat about the weather to me, despite the fact that I had just murdered all of his goons and exposed him as a royal dickhead to everyone else at his camp. So, yeah, maybe still a few bugs to work out, but it wouldn't be STALKER if everything worked like it was supposed to. Speaking of which, the dialogue is still at the mercy of Google Translator.

Dr. Boogie Mar 22nd, 2011 06:23 PM

You use the detectors to find artifacts in the field. The starting one just beeps more frequently the closer you get to one, but the more advanced ones show you dots on a radar screen for where it is and how rare each one is. You can find some pretty good ones right off the bat, like in that big cave complex near the burnt-out village. Lot of anomalies, but also the potential to score some phat loot.

OxBlood Mar 24th, 2011 04:32 AM

Great. Again I get swarmed by good games...so...Crysis2, yeah...played for about 3hrs (360) and...yeah, it´s pretty good.

Looks good, controls well, the suit is fun...and we get the superb bonus of having the turkish dub along with the german. Funny and sad at the same time somehow.

LordSappington Mar 31st, 2011 09:40 PM

Been playing a lot of Black Ops and now Batman: Arkham.
Zombies on Black Ops is fun as hell; when I paired up with a good team that kept close and talked to each other, we got to wave seventeen, and only died because one of us got greedy for a powerup and we lost the firepower. However, for every good match, there's a bad one, where some asshole who doesn't even have a mic will run around to other people's windows the first few rounds and kill the zombies, so HE can get the points. In later waves, it becomes completely terrifying; even having to reload can very well be a death sentence. And there's not much worse a feeling than wen you're backing away from a horde, wasting them left and right, then get taken out the instant you start to reload.
As for Batman, all I can say is FUCK. YES. I was pretty neutral about it at first, but got a friend to loan it to me, and I'm having a blast basically scaring the everloving shit out of random mooks; grabbing them and suspending them from gargoyles, throwing remote batarangs into groups of them from a hundred yards away and around a corner, and (my favorite) spraying a bunch of explosive gel on the walls and floor, luring them into it, and blowing them all across the room, leaving them in stunned heaps.

executioneer Mar 31st, 2011 10:37 PM

the stealth challenges were so fun to beat in that game :(

kahljorn Mar 31st, 2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

where some asshole who doesn't even have a mic will run around to other people's windows the first few rounds and kill the zombies, so HE can get the points.
ugh that's not nearly as bad as the dudes who do have a mic and will do that and then they go, "LOOK AT MY POINTS IM SO GOOD IM GONNA THROW A GRENADE IN YOUR WINDOW HUGHAHAHA"

LordSappington Apr 1st, 2011 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 716506)
the stealth challenges were so fun to beat in that game :(

Not to mention they're legitimately FUN. It balances stealth perfectly, and I'll never get tired of stringing up mooks. In one room, I had a perfect pentagram (if you traced lines between them) of guys I tied to the gargoyles. It was so worth the ten minutes of sneaking.
I personally like the survival challenge, because as the game throws more enemies at you, it's really just a test of your reflexes, and really makes you feel like you're kicking SERIOUS ass.

LordSappington Apr 1st, 2011 02:54 PM

I thought the game fucking broke on me. That was brilliant.

Esuohlim Apr 2nd, 2011 05:58 PM

I'm playing Wind Waker again, which is an incredible game as long as you don't compare it to other Zelda games. I finally got to the point where I can explore unrestricted and I'm having a blast. Fuck everyone who hates the sailing parts.

Guitar Woman Apr 2nd, 2011 09:30 PM

I'd say Windwaker is better than most Zeldas, actually

And yeah, sailing around sacking towns and shit in any order you wanted ought to be re-used in some sort of pirate RPG. It's awesome. I could see how some people wouldn't like it, though, since there aren't really a lot of encounters to spice up the traveling a bit. Some of them don't work right, either, like how those sharks that follow your boat will never, ever attack you as long as you're moving. It actually took me a while to figure out what the hell they were, since I never swiveled the camera around and they looked like evil seagulls.