I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Esuohlim Apr 19th, 2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 718117)
actually you need it on the fire temple to get the scarecrow to appear and lead you to a heart piece if i remember correctly

A SCARECROW IN THE FIRE TEMPLE? HAS THE WIZARD OF OZ TAUGHT THESE GAME DEVELOPERS NOTHING? :(

Phoenix Gamma Apr 19th, 2011 06:15 PM

Fuck Persona 4 and its two hour introduction. That kinda bullshit should be outlawed.

Guitar Woman Apr 19th, 2011 06:29 PM

You don't need to get that piece of heart. I never bothered getting all of the hearts in Ocarina because a few of the pieces are fucking impossible. Dampe >:

Quote:

That kinda bullshit should be outlawed.
What should really be outlawed is implying your game contains lesbians when it actually doesn't. Atlus fucking loves this. I also had to give up being a FemShep in Mass Effect 1 because I wanted to hook up with Tali in the sequel, and I guess she's not the tank top and mullet type.

I know this is a retarded thing to complain about, but fuck you, it bothers me.

elx Apr 19th, 2011 06:30 PM

how're you liking amnesia, GW? :)

Guitar Woman Apr 19th, 2011 06:42 PM

It's okay, I guess. My major complaint is that, like Silent Hill 2, it's all atmosphere and doesn't endanger the player as often as it should. Once you realize nothing in the game can actually hurt you it stops being scary.

I'm only like 40 minutes into it, though, so I could be completely wrong and just in the middle of a really slow opening.

elx Apr 19th, 2011 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 718135)
It's okay, I guess. My major complaint is that, like Silent Hill 2, it's all atmosphere and doesn't endanger the player as often as it should. Once you realize nothing in the game can actually hurt you it stops being scary.

I'm only like 40 minutes into it, though, so I could be completely wrong and just in the middle of a really slow opening.

ha. you're still in the opening bro. the whole first quarter of the game is like that. you're going to be freaking the hell out in no time -- just don't start pausing when that happens, because then you'll be really fucked.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 19th, 2011 08:47 PM

I didn't think you played videogames elx.

Fathom Zero Apr 19th, 2011 09:07 PM

I read that as "I don't think you play videogames elx" which made me :lol

LordSappington Apr 20th, 2011 02:30 AM

I just played Portal 2 for five straight hours, and made myself stop so I'd still have some to play tomorrow. All I can say is it's like they took everything from the previous game, cranked it up to eleven, and gave it an awesome plot.
Seriously; it's hilarious as hell, hard as hell, and it' got me completely hooked.

Dr. Boogie Apr 21st, 2011 03:54 PM

Two Worlds 2.

I wanted to like the first one, but there were just too many things wrong. That's why I was glad to see they fixed pretty much all my complaints in the sequel. Mostly I didn't like that monsters leveled up with you, but there were other issues, too.

There's less of the random dungeons, but the flipside is that the ones they have are better designed, rather than just a bunch of clone-stamped dungeons with mediocre loot.

The new upgrade system is nice, too. Instead of slapping together two similar items, you have the option to break down weapons and armor into their components (wood, iron, etc) and use those to upgrade your equipment based on your upgrading skill.

I've been going through the game as an archer. There was some struggling on the very first island, but I eventually realized that that was because there's some monsters that are your level, but there's also a bunch of those same monsters that are 8 levels above you on that same island. Now I'm getting through combat without too much trouble, plugging enemies from afar with slowing poison arrows and leveling them with multiarrow when they get too close. It's not too easy, though, which is nice.

I can honestly say I'm looking forward to my next playthrough. Maybe I'll try to get a handle on the complex magic system.

darkvare Apr 21st, 2011 05:28 PM

damn challenge 300 in mk is hard :/

OxBlood Apr 26th, 2011 04:38 AM

TES: Oblivion. Bought the PS3-Goty-Edition for 20 bucks and having a blast with it. I still can´t help myself but to exploit the shit out of the game, there are just too many great things you can do to make you insanely powerful once you can craft your own spells and magic equipment. Did anyone ever play the game without doing the mage guild-quests as soon as possible? Hard to imagine.

MarioRPG Apr 26th, 2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 718133)
You don't need to get that piece of heart. I never bothered getting all of the hearts in Ocarina because a few of the pieces are fucking impossible. Dampe >:

This is very, very true. I get that 100%ing a game is supposed to be a challenge, but it shouldn't take away from the fun.

darkvare Apr 26th, 2011 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioRPG (Post 718549)
This is very, very true. I get that 100%ing a game is supposed to be a challenge, but it shouldn't take away from the fun.

i agree one thing i did was the skulltulla glitch i wonder if the 3ds version will have it

OxBlood Apr 27th, 2011 04:04 PM

Section8: Prejudice. I didn´t even know it was an XBL-Title...already liked the first one and this one is really nice too. Lots of ways to build your loadouts, the autoaim-mode is interesting (it´s activated heavy autoaim, lasts for about 3 seconds, everyone can do it and it takes quite long to recharge), the different ammo-mods for the guns are great, the spawning mechanic is plain fun...I like it a lot and I seem to be quite okay at it. Thanks to the autoaim for that partially but I really have trouble aiming at bouncing, flying soldierdudes normally...

captain516 Apr 28th, 2011 07:35 PM

Started up New Vegas again. I was trying to go for the "good" route, but I had to kill some innocent lady anyways :(

Dimnos Apr 29th, 2011 11:12 PM

Just started up my no combat play through of new vegas. I need Boone. :\

Dimnos Apr 30th, 2011 04:40 PM

Well I made it to Novac and only had to run from one group of viper gunslingers and a single radscorpion. The second group of gunslingers I came across apparently forgot about the mines they planted on the road. As I was cowering behind a truck trying to think of where to run, I hear a loud boom followed by the silence of no one shooting at me.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 30th, 2011 05:35 PM

:lol

captain516 Apr 30th, 2011 06:46 PM

:lol that's happened to me before too.

Dimnos May 3rd, 2011 12:52 PM

So what the hell do you do when your companion gets poisoned by cazadores? Stempacks do nothing most of the time while sometimes it hurts them? Ill give them an antivenom but they dont use it.

Esuohlim May 3rd, 2011 01:24 PM

Hella playing some Anti-Idle to procastinate, which I think I also got 10,000 Volt Bill hooked on

10,000 Volt Ghost May 3rd, 2011 02:01 PM

I'm going to play some more anti-idle tonight. I went through a growler of beer last tuesday night playing it. I need to upgrade my fighter guy a bunch still. Do pets die if you don't log in for a week milhouse?

Esuohlim May 3rd, 2011 03:26 PM

I don't think so, I think they stay at the percentage they were when you last played. I've been killing pets on purpose to get the achievements, so I've never kept a pet long enough to know though :(

10,000 Volt Ghost May 3rd, 2011 03:39 PM

I didn't know you get achievements for need feeding pets :( Time to die Ponce De Leon cat.