I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

OxBlood Oct 25th, 2012 09:02 AM

Meh, I might give MP3 another shot later on but I´m just not looking forward to the headache...is there a cheat or option to turn the stupid flickering off?

Fathom Zero Oct 25th, 2012 09:05 AM

There's flickering?

Zomboid Oct 25th, 2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 763305)
Glad someone still likes generic shooter games. I was beginning to think the market was running out of people to sell them to.

Oh, Nick. Will you ever stop being such an idiot? Will you evolve from the ugly, greasy little thing that you are and maybe, someday form an opinion of your own, or are you going to survive as a wannabe Roger in perpetuity?

Fathom Zero Oct 25th, 2012 05:30 PM

It looked pretty boring though, dawg.

Zomboid Oct 25th, 2012 08:05 PM

It isn't--there are plenty of really fun sequences. I love how they finally swear. It was kinda stupid how up to this point, the language was pretty tame, even though the characters were in these fucked up situations. Also, they frequently call attention to some of the conventions, like the really tough boss enemies returning time and time again. I thoroughly enjoyed Jake yelling something along the lines of "Just fucking DIE ALREADY, you piece of shit!" during one of the boss fights.

Oh, and FIST FIGHT with one of the bosses was pretty badass. Cheesy, but so, so entertaining.

Dr. Boogie Oct 25th, 2012 08:18 PM

I thought the tradeoff for them not cursing was that they would occasionally make bizarre, memorable statements every once and a while, like "I see the president's daughter has ballistics!"

Fathom Zero Oct 25th, 2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 763322)
It isn't--there are plenty of really fun sequences. I love how they finally swear. It was kinda stupid how up to this point, the language was pretty tame, even though the characters were in these fucked up situations. Also, they frequently call attention to some of the conventions, like the really tough boss enemies returning time and time again. I thoroughly enjoyed Jake yelling something along the lines of "Just fucking DIE ALREADY, you piece of shit!" during one of the boss fights.

Oh, and FIST FIGHT with one of the bosses was pretty badass. Cheesy, but so, so entertaining.

Fair enough! I'll check it out on the PC whenever it decides to get released ever.

Dr. Boogie Oct 25th, 2012 08:41 PM

Speaking of which, if the crappy L4D knockoff game shows up during the big Steam sale for less than $10, I might get it. Anyone else interested in getting it and doing some coop if that happens?

Zomboid Oct 25th, 2012 08:45 PM

What's it called? I'm gonna play through Ada's campaign and then start playing Lucius on Steam, but I enjoy knockoff games.

Dr. Boogie Oct 25th, 2012 09:24 PM

The Resident Evil one: Operation Raccoon City. I kind of want to see what it's like on the PC, but not with AI companions.

You in?

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 25th, 2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 763323)
I thought the tradeoff for them not cursing was that they would occasionally make bizarre, memorable statements every once and a while, like "I see the president's daughter has ballistics!"

Theres a few like when a train comes by and helena like "who's driving these trains?" and Leon is like "zombie express"

Then another part where helena and leon get seperated then back together and leon is like "Welcome back Stranger"

Zomboid Oct 25th, 2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 763328)
The Resident Evil one: Operation Raccoon City. I kind of want to see what it's like on the PC, but not with AI companions.

You in?

Oh, man, that game is fucking horrible. I'd bought it for 360 and returned it within a couple of weeks. Reeeeeally, really bad. It sucked even more for me because I had some collector's edition with a steel book and extra weapons, costumes, etc. Just...so bad.

Fathom Zero Oct 25th, 2012 11:05 PM

I can't muster up the energy for Resident Evil anymore. :( It started when I was waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for 5 to come out, then my friend bought this new game called Dead Space.

I borrowed it from him and everything about it blew me away. Then I went to play RE5 some months later and found that not only was it definitely not as scary, it was also more frustrating than I remembered. Dead Space 2 was an improvement in some ways and a let down in others, but I still dug it quite a bit. If I can grab RE6 on sale and get in some discounted schlock, then I can't really be disappointed.

I think the biggest problem I have is time. I just don't wanna get into something that I know I'd be lukewarm towards, especially since a lot of games have been letting me down lately, regardless of reviews positive or negative.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 26th, 2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 763333)
especially since a lot of games have been letting me down lately, regardless of reviews positive or negative.

you are now an adult

Dimnos Oct 26th, 2012 09:17 AM

:lol So true.

Nick Oct 26th, 2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 763328)

You in?

I'd be down for that. It seemed like it could be some stupid fun, but I wasn't about to pay full price for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 763329)
Theres a few like when a train comes by and helena like "who's driving these trains?" and Leon is like "zombie express"
Then another part where helena and leon get seperated then back together and leon is like "Welcome back Stranger"

Those made me smirk, but it's not really as cheesy as most of the lines like older games had. I thought RE6 wasn't as bad as people have been making it out to be, it was okay, but it just really didn't feel like a Resident Evil game. Leon wasn't really on his A game and Chris was pretty boring this time around for me. Jake was pretty fun though. After playing Ada's campaign the whole story just seemed even more silly and pointless. Definitely at least worth a rental, maybe a purchase when it get's down to around $15-$20 used.

Also

Also don't worry too much, Zomboid. I picked up Medal of Honor Warfighter and Borderlands 2. Now I can't criticize anyone's taste about anything anymore.

Guitar Woman Oct 31st, 2012 05:04 PM

The new DayZ updates belong in the Korean MMO thread.

Quote:

* [FIXED] Building checks for tent placement (No longer place tents in buildings).
* [FIXED] Food can no longer be consumed if the player does not have in inventory.
* [FIXED] water can no longer be consumed if the player does not have in inventory.
* [Fixed] No longer possible to drink/eat/pitch a tent/put on clothes/build sand bags/cat wire/hedgehogs/consume medical supplies/free filled water without consuming the item.
* [FIXED] No longer possible to create axes out of thin air if you already have one
* [FIXED] Switching skins no longer repairs pain shakes/broken legs/resets/dupes/screws/resets ammo
* [FIXED] Duping no longer possible through zombie corpses/etc
* [FIXED] It should now be impossible for a new players spawns to spawn unconscious. (:lol)
* [FIXED] You can no longer cook infinite free meat from camp fires
* [FIXED] Survivors should no longer pickup a single item at the same time and both receive it.
* [FIXED] You can no longer generate multiple tents while packing up a deployed tent.
* [FIXED] You can no longer change clothes/eat/drink/etc. while in a vehicle
* [FIXED] Zombie death animation is delayed (now it plays instantly)
* [FIXED] Vehicle Position is now updated with client position.
* [FIXED] Vehicles save fuel properly

kahljorn Oct 31st, 2012 06:53 PM

is the multiplayer in dead space 2 worth buying the game for?

Fathom Zero Oct 31st, 2012 06:55 PM

If you like playing by yourself. It was a ghost town two months into the release. Why would you buy a game just for the tacked on multiplayer? The campaign is boss.

kahljorn Oct 31st, 2012 07:02 PM

cuz i can just torrnt it if it doesn't have multiplayer

trying to decide what saleitems to get off of steam. Thinking of getting dead isalnd but i already have it on xbox, but id probably save money on any dlcs...

Fathom Zero Oct 31st, 2012 08:11 PM

kahljorn Nov 1st, 2012 04:03 AM

what did i just skip through

Fathom Zero Nov 1st, 2012 12:44 PM

candy

zeldasbiggestfan Nov 4th, 2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 763346)
I'd be down for that. It seemed like it could be some stupid fun, but I wasn't about to pay full price for it.

Those made me smirk, but it's not really as cheesy as most of the lines like older games had. I thought RE6 wasn't as bad as people have been making it out to be, it was okay, but it just really didn't feel like a Resident Evil game. Leon wasn't really on his A game and Chris was pretty boring this time around for me. Jake was pretty fun though. After playing Ada's campaign the whole story just seemed even more silly and pointless. Definitely at least worth a rental, maybe a purchase when it get's down to around $15-$20 used.

Also

Also don't worry too much, Zomboid. I picked up Medal of Honor Warfighter and Borderlands 2. Now I can't criticize anyone's taste about anything anymore.

Dude, Borderlands 2 is awesome with a couple of friends. Even just as a duo, it's still fun but all 4 people on one screen just gives me nostalgia and is fucking ridiculous. There are so many awesome weapons in that game.

Phoenix Gamma Nov 4th, 2012 10:13 PM

A friend gave me a $30 fight stick so I decided to pick up SSF4 again on PC. It took me 3 days but I can finally reliably hit quarter circles on a stick. Now to just practice hitting the buttons better :< Trying to do a HP to 6MK in the air with a stick is just hard for me.

At least I'm a little more confident with Ibuki.