I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Television Shows (NEW ARCHER IN TWO :EEKS) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700634)

executioneer May 20th, 2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 628646)
If you can name me another intelligent sci-fi show with fully-fleshed out characters, intricate intertwining plots, and careful enough to avoid all continuity errors and plot holes (even when time-travel is involved), then I'll gladly watch that instead.

Also no contrived and often inaccurate technobabble.

Also no gay Farscape muppets >:

battlestar galactica >:

10,000 Volt Ghost May 20th, 2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 628646)
If you can name me another intelligent sci-fi show with fully-fleshed out characters, intricate intertwining plots, and careful enough to avoid all continuity errors and plot holes (even when time-travel is involved), then I'll gladly watch that instead.

Also no contrived and often inaccurate technobabble.

Also no gay Farscape muppets >:

Firefly

Esuohlim May 21st, 2009 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 629239)
battlestar galactica >:

Actually I've noted this one already and I'm waiting until it's all out on DVD before I start so I don't have to wait for anything. I'm really looking forward to it too. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost
Firefly

Seen it and I agree, but the whole getting cancelled thing kind of took a lot of the wind out of it :(

10,000 Volt Ghost May 21st, 2009 11:00 AM

Agreed. The movie Serenity was pretty good but I'd would have rather seen Firefly get picked up by Sci-Fi or something.

stupid FOX :(

Ant10708 May 21st, 2009 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 628684)
Lost is probably my least favourite TV show because of the amount of time people spend discussing it as if it actually has a point. Each episode has about 3 sub-plots that ultimately go nowhere for the sole purpose of making people say "oooooohhhhh, this is so confusing! Where will this crazy roller-coaster ride of a TV show go next?!".

The thing is I'm not convinced it's going anywhere - it's just a series of unrelated "spooky" events (that are only "spooky" because of the discordant cello music they play in the background) that they later link though some tenuous encounter or lingering shot at the end of an episode.

you sound like someone who hasn't watched the show at all. The first few seasons were all about getting to know the characters and their unique histories. I never watched a show where you get to see the different backgrounds of characters before they met. And how can your opinion on a the quality of a show be affected by fans who discuss it. Thats the fun of a show with unanswered questions and since your not a fan of Lost i don't know how you would even get involved in a discussion on it. And I'm pretty sure most shows, especially science fiction shows, have a die hard fan base that love discussing unimportant things about the fictional world so you must be seeking out these Lost discussions or are just bitter you never started to watch and enjoy a great show.

Dimnos May 21st, 2009 01:48 PM

I thought people didnt like Lost because of all the dropped off plot lines and go no where BS they used as filler.

Esuohlim May 21st, 2009 01:55 PM

Yeah but that's what we're saying. The people who say stuff like that haven't been watching it lately. Seemingly dropped off plot lines are being readdressed and answered now. The show has had a set end date for a while now so it's no longer meandering (which it admittedly was for a bit, according to writers).

Dimnos May 21st, 2009 03:11 PM

I might have to pick it back up then.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 21st, 2009 04:08 PM

I'm thinking about going to watch seasons 1-4 of Lost but I have to finish watching season 1 of Taxi first.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 30th, 2009 03:44 PM

I saw an advertisement for a new show starring Daniel Tosh called Tosh 4.0 or something like that. I think Tosh is pretty funny doing standup because he's such a good jerk but the premise of the new show is that he goes online and finds things that are funny. I'm pretty sure Attack of the Show already does that but the guy on that isn't so much of a jerk as he is annoying. Maybe it will work out......it's on comedy central :(

captain516 May 30th, 2009 05:40 PM

Anybody remember On The Lot? Whatever happened to it?

Tadao May 30th, 2009 05:47 PM

I don't but I sure miss Viva la Variety.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 11th, 2009 09:07 AM

I might start staying home on friday nights to watch t.v. There was an hour of "The State" on, followed by Stella and then an hour of Wonder Showzen. I feel like it was just on to promote Michael & Michael but hopefully it'll be a staple of friday night programming.

Kitsa Jul 11th, 2009 11:03 AM

I'm irritated with MTV2/Time-Warner because their lineup always fucks up my DVR settings. I have it set to record WonderShowzen and Beavis and Butthead, but the title on the guide is never the actual show. I can have 5 or 6 WonderShowzens on there and it's Rob and Big or something stupid like that. It's only MTV2 that does it.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 11th, 2009 11:41 AM

I did notice that. I turned on the state and it was playing young ones. Oh, there was also an hour of young ones on too. :)

Dimnos Jul 13th, 2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 637464)
I'm irritated with MTV2/Time-Warner...

I thought this was a fact of life. Like breathing air or something.

Tadao Jul 15th, 2009 11:21 PM

I'm watching a show called Urban Legends. It's pretty cool. They present you with 3 stories, only one of them is true, and the don't tell you which one till the end of the show. they have a mini legend before the commercial breaks too. There are people on camera testifying that the story is true and happened to them, so they got actors for at least 2 of the stories to tell them.

Dimnos Jul 16th, 2009 04:12 PM

Wasnt there a Ripleys Believe it or not show that did something very similar to that?

Dimnos Jul 16th, 2009 04:15 PM

Never mind. This is what I was thinking of.

Sam Jul 16th, 2009 04:15 PM

>:

Tadao Jul 16th, 2009 04:22 PM

I've never seen that.

elx Jul 16th, 2009 08:18 PM

Bones and Dexter are the only shows currently being aired that are worth watching

House used to be cool too, unfortunately it's deteriorated beyond recognition; now it focuses more on innercast drama than the actual cases. it's no better than any of the other crappy medical primetimes like Grey's Anatomy. such a waste :(

Dimnos Jul 16th, 2009 10:01 PM

If you think House is anything like Greys Anatomy your are more mentally challenged that I feared. :\

Sam Jul 17th, 2009 03:45 PM

THE GIRL IN BONES GIVES ME A BONE. ;)

Esuohlim Jul 17th, 2009 05:31 PM

What about Booth played by David BONERanez (lol)