I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 15th, 2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 738018)
Is it a shitty pop punk band, ska punk, hardcore, or just good old fashioned punk? Because if it's pop punk you should just call yourself a bunch of backstreet boys.

ARTS AND CRAFTS POST PUNK

Aaarg Aug 15th, 2011 06:05 PM

actually post arts n crafts punk

... core

Rongi Aug 15th, 2011 06:11 PM

Aaarg if you're not careful you might create the next big Williamsburg thing

Rongi Aug 15th, 2011 06:15 PM

Saranac you are so great give me all your secrets

Rongi Aug 15th, 2011 06:19 PM

FUCKIN WITH ME CUZ IM A TEEN AGER

WITH A LITTLE BIT OF A GOLD AND A PAGE UH

Rongi Aug 15th, 2011 06:20 PM

guys who wants to fight me

Aaarg Aug 15th, 2011 06:20 PM

being a native virginian whenever somebody mentions williamsburg i think of williamsburg virginia

which is full of hipsters anyway but they all go to private college and have rich-ass parents and fuck them

one time i was supposed to spend the night at someone's house in williamsburg va and we were going to leave together the next morning but on my way down he fell asleep and i didn't know where he lived

so i slept in the car on the side of the road

Rongi Aug 15th, 2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaarg (Post 738047)

which is full of hipsters anyway but they all go to private college and have rich-ass parents and fuck them

uh dude this is exactly the same as williamsburg, brooklyn but you probably know that already

Aaarg Aug 15th, 2011 06:24 PM

i do my best to ignore large cities and just assume that everybody in all of them are horrible people i needn't even consider thinking about

but i guess any place with a large population of young people is made-up mostly of rich white kids so yeah that makes sense

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 15th, 2011 07:18 PM

I will fight you Rongi if the winner gets the rest of the saranac. or if after we both get more saranac too.

Kitsa Aug 15th, 2011 07:42 PM

williamsburg brooklyn isn't poor anymore? when did that happen?

Rongi Aug 15th, 2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 738054)
williamsburg brooklyn isn't poor anymore? when did that happen?

THIS IS TRUE. Williamsburg used to be the spot to get heroin 10-15 years ago. Now it has gentrified to the point where anyone can walk around at 3 in the morning and not have to worry about getting shanked

Aaarg Aug 15th, 2011 07:55 PM

what?! no more junkies?! there goes the fucking neighborhood!

Kitsa Aug 15th, 2011 07:59 PM

fuck, now you'll tell me queens is a resort.

Aaarg Aug 15th, 2011 08:07 PM

all right so i'm packing and i'm doing the dvds because that's easy and entertaining and there are only like 300 instead of the five-fucking-billion books hidden in every corner of the house.

and i'm coming across a bunch of kung fu movies that i'm sure i've seen but i have zero memory of it and all the synopses are no help at all because all wuxias have the same goddamn plot, so i think they should really just list something memorable.
"jackie chan fights dude with white fan" - young master
"graphic rape scene ruins otherwise good movie" - iron-fisted monk
"fighting on ocean coast, donnie yen pokes out dude's eyes, tide comes in" - legend of the wolf
"bad english dub in which carter wong's character says 'japs' in every sentence" - the magnificent fist

k0k0 Aug 15th, 2011 08:34 PM

Here's a kung fu movie that everyone should see. It's terrible but funny/entertaining at the same time. I rented it when I was 18 and still remember it to this day.

One guy has his arms chopped off (even though one of his arms looks like a baby arm) and the other has his legs burned with acid. Anyways, the guy with legs wears him like a backpack and they fight like that. It's hilariously sad.

Aaarg Aug 15th, 2011 08:55 PM

what crippled masters is great!

wait nevermind i knew that didn't sound familiar i was thinking of crippled avengers which is a shaw brothers film and i don't really remember much about it except that one of the guys is blind and one of the guys is "mentally handicapped" because they apparently squeezed his head in a vice and that made him stupid.

and maybe one's deaf and one's mute, i think they went kind of cop-out with the disabilities and the fighting may not have been very great.

but one of the guys uses large metal rings and it's pretty cool.

Aaarg Aug 15th, 2011 08:57 PM

"Four of those who are crippled, a hawker who is blinded, a blacksmith made mute and deaf, a drifter who loses his legs, and a fighter who loses his sanity, band together to use their disabilities to the best of their advantage."

i remember there being five (an alternate title is "return of the 5 deadly venoms") and i don't know is the "fighter who loses his sanity" is the one that's made retarded by a vice, though!

k0k0 Aug 15th, 2011 08:58 PM

Sounds intriguing. I may have to find it.

Aaarg Aug 15th, 2011 09:17 PM

the one you posted looks a little more, um, strange. this one's a shaw film so it's just silly (but well-done) wuxia.

i know there is some shaw brothers movie we saw around this time that had kind of slow, "swimmy" fighting. i can't remember if it was this one, though.

Kitsa Aug 15th, 2011 09:34 PM

I just watched some stupid "50 worst movies ever made" special on Netflix and Crippled Masters was one of them.

Aaarg Aug 15th, 2011 09:43 PM

hahaha awesome

Kitsa Aug 15th, 2011 09:49 PM

the special sucked, though.

k0k0 Aug 15th, 2011 09:52 PM

So the special was probably one of the 50 worst specials ever made?

Aaarg Aug 15th, 2011 09:59 PM

i would watch that

"50 worst 50 worst specials"