I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Fathom Zero Dec 19th, 2008 08:10 PM

Gears O' War Two.

I beat Dark Sector and The Darkness since I bought them Wednesday. The Club is kicking my ass, though.

Eris Dec 22nd, 2008 03:58 PM

Harvest Moon 2.

bigtimecow Dec 22nd, 2008 08:30 PM

i played gears of war last week with my friend and fully enjoyed it. i really love that the characters aren't skinny fucks in little cyborg outfits (i.e. halo) but rather huge fucking steroid-popping meatheads with f*cking massive armor, mainly because it actually makes it seem possible that they could survive a gun shot or two

also been playing super mario sunshine which was been a lot of fun but kind of... weird, not sure how much i like the FLUDD, but using it as a jetpack is neat. trauma center for the wii is fun, wario land is hilarious and actually challenging, assassin's creed i feel really lost in, only because i have no idea where i am and what i'm supposed to be doing, started and beat portal and absolutely loved it (just wished it was longer :(), started half life 2 again on my laptop and on the ps3, but probably gonna continue it on the ps3 because my laptop still sucks with valve games, and i just installed grand theft auto III. hopefully it runs nice!

sh*t that's a lot of games

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 22nd, 2008 08:47 PM

Sounds like you're going to be having a nice winter break.

pac-man Dec 22nd, 2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 603503)
i played gears of war last week with my friend and fully enjoyed it. i really love that the characters aren't skinny fucks in little cyborg outfits (i.e. halo) but rather huge fucking steroid-popping meatheads with f*cking massive armor, mainly because it actually makes it seem possible that they could survive a gun shot or two

also been playing super mario sunshine which was been a lot of fun but kind of... weird, not sure how much i like the FLUDD, but using it as a jetpack is neat. trauma center for the wii is fun, wario land is hilarious and actually challenging, assassin's creed i feel really lost in, only because i have no idea where i am and what i'm supposed to be doing, started and beat portal and absolutely loved it (just wished it was longer :(), started half life 2 again on my laptop and on the ps3, but probably gonna continue it on the ps3 because my laptop still sucks with valve games, and i just installed grand theft auto III. hopefully it runs nice!

sh*t that's a lot of games

Don't forget to sleep, eat, poop, and bathe. I need to go back into my library and beat some games, but I want to see what I get for Xmas first.

bigtimecow Dec 22nd, 2008 09:53 PM

i know i'm getting sam and max season one for x-mas, so i'm fucking pumped. makes me want to go back and play monkey island AGAIN. actually, i might go do that right now :(

and i want mushroom men but after reading some reviews, i might reconsider it

Fathom Zero Dec 22nd, 2008 10:12 PM

The Darkness reminds me a lot of Max Payne. I've enjoyed it a ton and it was well worth the ten-spot I slapped down for it.

pac-man Dec 22nd, 2008 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 603528)
i know i'm getting sam and max season one for x-mas, so i'm fucking pumped. makes me want to go back and play monkey island AGAIN. actually, i might go do that right now :(

and i want mushroom men but after reading some reviews, i might reconsider it

Dude, Sam & Max Season 1 is tits. There are a quite a few laugh out loud moments and the adventure gameplay is so fucking refreshing and clever, if at sometimes frustrating. I honestly don't know why this genre is on life support. The quality of that game convinced me to buy the Strong Bad game TellTale made, and it's good too. I still lament the cancellation of Full Throttle 2.

Dimnos Dec 23rd, 2008 11:34 AM

Gears 2 huh? Better than the first or about the same? What kind of multiplayer does it have?

Hugh Jerection Dec 23rd, 2008 06:41 PM

I'm still playing COD4 and Ninja Gaiden 2.
Need to get my finger out and complete Bioshock and GTA4

bigtimecow Dec 23rd, 2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pac-man (Post 603558)
Dude, Sam & Max Season 1 is tits. There are a quite a few laugh out loud moments and the adventure gameplay is so fucking refreshing and clever, if at sometimes frustrating. I honestly don't know why this genre is on life support. The quality of that game convinced me to buy the Strong Bad game TellTale made, and it's good too. I still lament the cancellation of Full Throttle 2.

i fucking love point and click adventure games, so i totally agree. i couldn't get into strongbad, but that's probably because i find strongbad very unfunny. the gameplay was solid though.

i want to play monkey island more than ever.

darkvare Dec 23rd, 2008 11:04 PM

i just finished the first season of strong mad the last episode is the best
hey fathom wanna get some lessons in gears 2 meaning me kicking your ass add me and pm lulz

bigtimecow Dec 24th, 2008 02:02 AM

ur so mxcn

Fathom Zero Dec 24th, 2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 603610)
Gears 2 huh? Better than the first or about the same? What kind of multiplayer does it have?

Way more of the same. Nothing new, really.

pac-man Dec 25th, 2008 12:05 AM

Gears 2 is more like an upgrade than a sequel in terms of gameplay, but the story and multiplayer are waaaay better.

Fathom Zero Dec 25th, 2008 06:01 PM

I borrowed it. And I know better than to play you in any gears, Darkvare. I'm not looking for any more disappointment this holiday season.

bigtimecow Dec 25th, 2008 10:08 PM

fuck, i wish sam and max didn't have so many slowdowns. it's seriously starting to ruin my experience :( but it is fucking funny

bigtimecow Dec 27th, 2008 03:08 PM

yeah, returning sam and max today. this morning i started playing the original (sam and max hit the road) on my wii and it is much more enjoyable. :( too bad. but hey! i also got curse of monkey island to work so WOOOOOO

Ant10708 Dec 29th, 2008 11:59 PM

Playing Gears of War 2

What is 'the darkness'?

Sam Dec 30th, 2008 02:59 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-4VOLeKBOw

darkvare Dec 30th, 2008 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant10708 (Post 604902)
Playing Gears of War 2

What is 'the darkness'?

is a game bassed on the comic of the same name there is a demo on live
http://files.playstatic.com/ps3/the-...s-review-3.jpg

pac-man Dec 30th, 2008 10:00 AM

Smackdown vs. Raw 2009. I hadn't played a WWE game in ages before I got this, so it's really a breath of fresh air in a lot of ways. It's got plenty of modes, great creation tools (except that you have to play a career to get your created wrestler's stats up) and it's a lot of fun.

Dimnos Dec 30th, 2008 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 604496)
i also got curse of monkey island to work so WOOOOOO

On your Wii? :confused:

brokensaint82 Dec 30th, 2008 08:21 PM

Playin Rock Band 2 as well as Dead Space and force unleashed. I need a new RPG to sink a lot of time since I plan on beating all 3 within the next week.

Fathom Zero Dec 30th, 2008 10:29 PM

The Darkness is a pretty old game, as far as the current generation goes.