I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Phoenix Gamma Jun 8th, 2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevetothepast (Post 631829)
Final Fantasy 2 is the only one I enjoyed playing through, that being said, I'm a little weary of turn based rpg's

FF2 as in the NES game, or the SNES game? I tried the DS remake of the SNES one and thought it was okay. Cecil's a shitty protagonist.

Quote:

Yeah. I have to go with FF2 (Or FF4 really) and FF3 (Which was what really? FF6?) and FFX was a suprise too.
Yea, FF2 was actually FF4, and FF3 was actually FF6. But now that every Final Fantasy finally came out in America with it's original title, Square and everyone else stick to the actual numbers. I liked FF6 a little, but I got stuck at some snow area and couldn't be assed to start the game over again.

FFX was pretty annoying, though; the characters were all lame, the story was pretty stupid (Meg Ryan is a water polo player who travels to the future to fight a monster. Except he's just a dream) and you kill that loser Seymour probably four times in the entire game. Not "knocked him out"; he actually dies multiple times and comes back from the dead because he wants to fuck Yuna so badly.

I did like the combat. The whole "switch party members mid-battle" thing is something more RPGs need to do. There's no reason for three people to go through a fortress when I have a whole army of dudes.

Dimnos Jun 8th, 2009 12:15 PM

FF6 is in my opinion the best FF ever made. You would do well to give it another shot, if only a free ROM download.

Yeah the story and characters in FFX are not what make it great. The combat and the ability wheel or whatever it was called.

stevetothepast Jun 8th, 2009 12:33 PM

ya I was speaking of the SNES FF2

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 8th, 2009 12:45 PM

FF2 on SNES was really good but hard.

Phoenix: I agree with Dimnos. You def should play through FF6. If you get stuck just let me know instead of looking it up. You should be able to play through the whole game without using a strat guide. If I'll mention one thing while playing through the game it's

Wait......wait for shadow........

Phoenix Gamma Jun 8th, 2009 12:49 PM

Yea, I got the ROM on my Wii waiting to go (playing on a TV with the controller motivates me), so I might try that again if FF9 doesn't work out. I'm only in the Ice Cavern right now, so we'll see how things go from here.

I like the ability system, because it reminds me of the one in Tactics A2, which was the only reason I played that game.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 8th, 2009 01:14 PM

Do you need to MOD the WII for the emulator to work? I'm trying to get my roommate to do it but he's weary of it.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 8th, 2009 01:34 PM

You need the Homebrew Channel to run it. No mod chips or anything. BannerBomb lets you install the channel without Twilight Princess, so it's actually easier than ever to set it up now. After that, you just need to download the emulator and ROMs.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 8th, 2009 01:37 PM

I'll try that. I actually have Twilight Princess so I'll check it out wednesday at my day off. Is that where you can download Brawl+ too?

Phoenix Gamma Jun 8th, 2009 01:50 PM

Brawl+ requires you to download Gecko OS (basically, a cheat program like Action Replay or Gameshark) because it isn't technically a mod in the literal sense; all the changes (loading custom costumes, increasing specific attack speed or damage) are just codes that are loaded through Gecko. You can still play normal Brawl by not loading Gecko.

I've got the links for BannerBomb, Homebrew (HackMii), Emulators, and Brawl+ all bookmarked if you need me to email them to you or something, but it's really just a matter of putting things in folders and pressing A.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 8th, 2009 02:11 PM

That's not so bad. I'll get back to you on wednesday when I have some time to fool around with it. Thank you :)

Guitar Woman Jun 10th, 2009 01:56 PM

7th Saga!

It's awesome!

Phoenix Gamma Jun 10th, 2009 07:21 PM

Got Tiger Woods for the Wii because I wanted to try the Wii Motion Plus.

I'm real bad at golf.

"That was the worst putt I've ever seen" :(

Sam Jun 10th, 2009 07:45 PM

PROTOTYPE IS RAD

bigtimecow Jun 10th, 2009 07:56 PM

FUCK YOU PG I POSTED THIS ENORMOUS GUIDE IN THE MOTHER3 THREAD ABOUT SOFTMODDING THE WII

GODDAMN YOU GETTING THE SHORTCUT BECAUSE OF ADVANCES IN TECHNOLOGY

edit: i wonder why my infamous trophies aren't showing up in my sig

also, a friend started infamous being good, but yet during the first mission with the food, people were like "yeah!" "alright!" and happy and shit, then a cutscene plays and apparently everyone still hates him, started throwing rocks. this morality system is so broken (SEE FALLOUT3 FOR COMPARISON)

LordSappington Jun 10th, 2009 08:25 PM

My friend loaned me GTA4. I finally got around to the missions, and I don't think I'm even a quarter through them yet. It's both entertaining and frustrating.

Guitar Woman Jun 10th, 2009 08:29 PM

The one I hated most was where you had to chase down and kill the Lost gang member, because he gets a badass speedy hog and you get a fucking honda to follow him with. And you can't actually kill him until he calls his friends up in the park and you get into a gunfight with them on foot.

I figured I'd just shoot him off his bike right after the mission started and that would be that, but noooooooo, he gets arbitrary godmode for five minutes.

Kilgore Cod Jun 10th, 2009 08:34 PM

Haven't been playing much lately...mostly Street Fighter 4 for the PS3 and Geometry Wars: Galaxies on the DS.

LordSappington Jun 10th, 2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 632685)
The one I hated most was where you had to chase down and kill the Lost gang member, because he gets a badass speedy hog and you get a fucking honda to follow him with. And you can't actually kill him until he calls his friends up in the park and you get into a gunfight with them on foot.

I figured I'd just shoot him off his bike right after the mission started and that would be that, but noooooooo, he gets arbitrary godmode for five minutes.

I wasted so much ammo for my shiny new micro-uzi on that bastard's back. >:

Phoenix Gamma Jun 10th, 2009 09:05 PM

Okay so frisbee golf in Tiger Woods is totally one-to-one. The only problem is I can't throw frisbees for shit, so I get the same horrible results in the game as I do in real life :(

Still, the game recognized all of my hand motions, so if I wanted to throw the disc at my own face, I could.

Dimnos Jun 10th, 2009 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 632700)
Okay so frisbee golf in Tiger Woods is totally one-to-one. The only problem is I can't throw frisbees for shit, so I get the same horrible results in the game as I do in real life :(

Still, the game recognized all of my hand motions, so if I wanted to throw the disc at my own face, I could.

Yeah but at home your beer stays cold in the fridge. :)

OxBlood Jun 16th, 2009 03:06 AM

Alternating between Red Faction Guerilla, Star Ocean, Onechanbara (What? It was like 6 Bucks :D) and Folklore...and there´s Prototype still on the way, as well as Nights in the Nightmare (already played the ROM a bit, very interesting game)...gonna be a tight month for my wallet...

Karmapolice Jun 16th, 2009 09:33 AM

I'm playing Sims 3 and Armed Assault 2.

MetalMilitia Jun 16th, 2009 09:48 AM

ARMA2 isn't out yet - beta? Is it good?

Karmapolice Jun 16th, 2009 10:37 AM

I got the EU version. So far I like it, it's pretty good in my book especially if you're into realistic tactical sims.

Dimnos Jun 16th, 2009 10:50 AM

PROTOTYPE!!