I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Zhukov Feb 24th, 2011 10:22 AM

I seriously have major fond memories of playing through OoT and Majora's Mask. Just the best games. Makes me smile.

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 24th, 2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioRPG (Post 713866)
Oddly enough, I just started playing the Oracles. Finished up Seasons yesterday and decided to give Ages a go. I don't think they are 'fantastic' but they are enjoyable enough. The Roc's Cape is a stupid item though.

Also this is coming from someone who has only played through less than half of Link's Awakening so I can't compare it to anything else really.

I love me some roc's cape.(The one that you can jump with right?)

The oracles games are both enjoyable, especially when played back to back. You get the passcode for secrets. Then THE REAL END BOSS at the end.

And a Triforce ring.

LordSappington Feb 24th, 2011 02:33 PM

I bought Singularity and the new Wolfenstein yesterday, but I haven't gotten to play them yet :(

Fathom Zero Feb 24th, 2011 02:49 PM

I'm sure it would've served you just as well to buy two copies of either game.

Esuohlim Feb 24th, 2011 03:59 PM

I played both the Oracle games around 9/11/01 and they, coupled with not really caring too much, helped me get through those turbulent times!

Guitar Woman Feb 24th, 2011 07:49 PM

Oh wow, I finally got a match on something other than a big money map in StarCraft.

The difference is akin to the smell of freshly-baked bread invading your personal space after having a lump of shit taped under your nose for about a year.

I mean, I got my ass kicked, but it felt like the other guy deserved it. I actually didn't expand at all during the match because I didn't realize you were supposed to; you try that shit on Fastest and you're going to be looking down the noses of about 4,000 hydralisks before you even get a Supply Depot up.

It's a shame that the fabled non-money game only comes along once every thousand years.

Phoenix Gamma Feb 24th, 2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 713900)
To me both DS-Zeldas are shit. Phantom Hourglass was just annoying with that fucking temple and uninspired and Spirit Tracks was boring as hell but what can you expect if your main activity is waiting for your stupid train to get where you need to be while you move on linear paths...

My favorite Zelda is and will always be A Link to the past. Still gotta play Majora´s Mask though but I´m afraid that the fuck-ugly graphics will hinder my experience, it´s what happened when I tried playing OoT a few years ago...Many N64 games are among the most ugly pieces of shit I´ve ever seen.

MM looks a little better than Ocarina. Slightly better models and such.
I have a tremendous boner for that game. Second favorite next to LttP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim
I played both the Oracle games around 9/11/01 and they, coupled with not really caring too much, helped me get through those turbulent times!

Spoilers!

Guitar Woman Feb 24th, 2011 09:09 PM

HA!

LordSappington Feb 25th, 2011 12:48 AM

Just started up Singularity today, and I'm really enjoying it. It's not exactly revolutionary, but the whole time mechanics are pretty fun, and it was pretty cool to see how badly saving one random guy fucks up the timestream.
I might write a weekly review when I beat it, if Mock would care enough to put it up.

executioneer Feb 25th, 2011 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 713944)
zelda ad

holy shit, that's spooky

Guitar Woman Feb 25th, 2011 02:56 AM

I picked up Yahtzee's thing, Adventures in the Galaxy of Fantabulous Wonderment.

I'm liking it better than the Chzo games because it's like being on a really sarcastic (and pretty damn funny) episode of Star Trek. Hoping it's a bit longer than his other games, I beat 5 Days a Stranger and 7 Days a Skeptic in one or two sittings.

OxBlood Feb 25th, 2011 08:50 AM

And what do you know, I bought Majora´s Mask yesterday. It really doesn´t look as shitty as OOT though I don´t know it has something to do with the WiiWare-Version. Played for about 2 hours and so far I´m enjoying it. I really like the darker tone of the game...even though that grinning moon makes me think of Soul Eater all the time...

executioneer Feb 25th, 2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 713969)
I picked up Yahtzee's thing, Adventures in the Galaxy of Fantabulous Wonderment.

I'm liking it better than the Chzo games because it's like being on a really sarcastic (and pretty damn funny) episode of Star Trek. Hoping it's a bit longer than his other games, I beat 5 Days a Stranger and 7 Days a Skeptic in one or two sittings.

yeah it was kind of like space quest but with minor RPG elements, i dig that game.

edit: I also liked the way he balanced fairness and hilarious deaths with the redshirts, usually you only get to pick one

mew barios Feb 25th, 2011 11:56 PM

i just played through 4 heroes of light cuz i thought it was another remake of the first final fantasy. i was wrong but i still liked it ok.

DougClayton4231 Feb 26th, 2011 01:57 PM

4 Heroes of Light was pretty good.

I never beat Majora's Mask, should I replay it. I remember it being hard as shit.

Just got Fight Night Champion and I can honestly say that it is the best boxing game ever made...I'm in love lol.

MarioRPG Feb 26th, 2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 713944)
MM ad

That's pretty crazy man... I think I still have a Nintendo Power or two from around then, I should take a look.
Also, I love Majora's Mask, but I've definitely played OoT more. I didn't own / play Majora's until I got the collectors disc which was a couple years after the gamecube came out.
Majora's seems a lot more character driven at times, and I liked how they changed day to day.

Phoenix Gamma Feb 26th, 2011 11:06 PM

Plus it's really, REALLY fucked up the more you dig into it. Like the thing with the Deku butler and his son, or Romani freaking the fuck out on the third day if you let her get abducted by the aliens...

Esuohlim Feb 27th, 2011 12:05 AM

Majora's Mask has a completely fascinating premise, and everything going on in Clock Town for those three days is cool as shit. During replays the most fun I have involves the Clock Town side quests, and I truly feel that the main quest gets in the way for me as far as entertainment goes. I usually can't get past the Zora Bay area on replays because I just end up getting bored.

Zhukov Feb 27th, 2011 02:38 AM

Games I want to play, * means I have never played them:

Deus Ex *
Blood
No one Lives Forever*
Dungeon Keeper 2*
Starship Titanic *
Zork: Grand Inquisitor
Grim Fandango
Rise of the Triad
Populous 3
Final Fantasy 7*
Total Annihilation
Die by the Sword
Planescape: Torment*
Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Beyond Good and Evil*
Black and White 2*
Commandos 1,2,3
Quake 4
Psychonauts*

Phoenix Gamma Feb 27th, 2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 714074)
Majora's Mask has a completely fascinating premise, and everything going on in Clock Town for those three days is cool as shit. During replays the most fun I have involves the Clock Town side quests, and I truly feel that the main quest gets in the way for me as far as entertainment goes. I usually can't get past the Zora Bay area on replays because I just end up getting bored.

Aw, I loved the beach area. But I pretty much loved the whole game :X The very last area is probably my absolute favorite though, especially the final dungeon. Really awesome shit right there.

dextire Mar 2nd, 2011 09:05 PM

I got a gift card and decided to catch-up on some of the games I never played. So I got Dead Space, and Bioshock 1&2.

OxBlood Mar 3rd, 2011 03:34 AM

I´m stuck at Majora´s Mask...I need those stupid Magic Beans and the Nut-Guy won´t sell them to me caus I don´t know how to use them aparently.

I was frustrated on Sunday so I bought Singularity and MOH-Airborne. Both are pretty fun games...in addition, I got Xenogears and Vagrant Story for my PSP which is awesome AND Beyond Good&Evil HD which is cool to of course.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 3rd, 2011 10:40 AM

I never made it past the first dragon in vagrant story. I liked it up until that point.

darkvare Mar 3rd, 2011 10:51 AM

damn the new zelda looks great i want it now but in the mean time i've been kicking ass online on mvc 3 almost got to a 10 straight wins online

kahljorn Mar 3rd, 2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

I never made it past the first dragon in vagrant story. I liked it up until that point.
:lol

that games so fucking fun :(

the only thing i hate about it is when the one dude dies chumply