I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Black Metal (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698623)

Spetsnaz Jan 4th, 2008 06:35 PM

Black Metal

I haven't seen any topics for it, and I'm too lazy to look to see if there was one before this.

Anyway, this is for those of you into the more extreme side of music.

Vanhelm13 Jan 5th, 2008 04:31 PM

Carpathian Forest
Marduk
Darkthrone
Darkfuneral
Burzum
Meridian
Morgul
Emperor
Taake
Immortal
Vulture Lord (lol)
Gorgoroth
Mayhem
Dimmu Borgir (early stuff, anyway)
Legion Of The Fallen
Bauglir
Hellhammer
Satyricon
Windir
Vreid
I could go on but I'm lazy

Guitar Woman Jan 5th, 2008 05:31 PM

Black Metal is worse than anything.

Even System of a Down.

Ninjavenom Jan 5th, 2008 08:35 PM

This, coming from the boy who wanted to be a woman?

Black metal ist krieg.

Guitar Woman Jan 5th, 2008 10:00 PM

how the fuck does gender confusion have anything to do with what kind of music someone likes

Vanhelm13 Jan 5th, 2008 10:21 PM

yeah dude, don't be sexist.
bitches hate that.

Spetsnaz Jan 6th, 2008 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 519949)
how the fuck does gender confusion have anything to do with what kind of music someone likes

To put it simply, not liking Black metal simply shows that you have a lack of penis.

Spetsnaz Jan 6th, 2008 08:01 AM

Have any of you guys heard the new Watain by any chance?

MetalMilitia Jan 6th, 2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjavenom (Post 519929)
This, coming from the boy who wanted to be a woman?

Black metal ist krieg.

This can be forgiven. The fact her favourite band is My Chemical Romance cannot.

Vanhelm13 Jan 6th, 2008 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Dead (Post 520024)
Have any of you guys heard the new Watain by any chance?

Hell
yes

Guitar Woman Jan 6th, 2008 11:35 AM

Not contradicting the fact that I like The Black Parade, but everything else about MCR can suck a complete dick. The fans, the bandmembers, the bandmembers constant fanservice to their female admirers in the form of being faggots with each other, everything.

They'd be more popular with the cool kids if they weren't such jackasses!

Spetsnaz Jan 6th, 2008 05:02 PM

ALRIGHT... This is Black metal... Not emo bullshit. MCR displeases Satan.

And what'd you think about the new Watain, Vanhelm? It fuckin slayed...

Vanhelm13 Jan 6th, 2008 10:05 PM

Damn straight. I really want to see them live.

Spetsnaz Jan 6th, 2008 10:12 PM

I personally can't wait to Carpathian Forest to finally fucking tour North America. They keep letter rumors of one go out, but you never see any substance.

Vanhelm13 Jan 6th, 2008 10:27 PM

I donno...I just don't think it would be the full Carpathian Forest experience without Vrangsinn.
I'd still go see them of course. but it would feel incomplete without the fat-ass in speedos of legend.

They're so amazingly tongue-in-cheek, too. I mean, albums called "Shiny Black Leather" and "Fuck You All!!!!"? So. Cool.

Spetsnaz Jan 6th, 2008 10:29 PM

Black Shining Leather.

I love Nattefrost though. Hes fucking insane. And funny.

Vanhelm13 Jan 6th, 2008 10:45 PM

oh, right. Just destroyed my metal-cred there.
The entire band is that way.

have you seen these?
http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/revie..._all_time.html
http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/revie..._all_time.html

Spetsnaz Jan 6th, 2008 10:49 PM

hahah yeah man. When they first came out.

The Abbath with the zipper down is classic.

Vanhelm13 Jan 6th, 2008 10:59 PM

Yeah.
I can't stand some of those bands though. The kind that take themselves really seriously, like Gorgoroth and mayhem. If you're not willing to humiliate yourself for your fans then you shouldn't be in a band.

Ninjavenom Jan 7th, 2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanhelm13 (Post 520427)
Yeah.
I can't stand some of those bands though. The kind that take themselves really seriously, like Gorgoroth and mayhem. If you're not willing to humiliate yourself for your fans then you shouldn't be in a band.

No way, i love the ones that take it really seriously, they make some of the best music, and you almost never have to worry about their music being dishonest.

Quote:

I was likening your tendencies to desire being viewed as a woman to a strong flaw in your judgement. A person of you character would not be able to fully apreciate a genre of music beyond the scope of traditional rock or whatever is popular nowadays. You fag.

Vanhelm13 Jan 8th, 2008 12:11 AM

There's a difference between taking yourself seriously, and taking your music seriously.
Mayhem is all like "Holy crap. We are so good. Do not diss us we are awesome"
And would never do anything humorous.

The best example I can think of would be anyone in Iron Maiden except bruce dickinson (he's an asshole)
They are completely dedicated to their music. But they don't think of themselves as "too good" to do anything.

I think it all goes hand in hand with so many BM bands idea that they have to be evil or whatever. It's bullshit.
"We have to be the most evil satanic band ever! We'll have 50 goat skulls and 666 inverted crosses, yeah! We're so KVLT"
Just shut up and wear a pink speedo because it would be hilarious.

It's like they don't know how to have a good fun time without sacrificing a virgin and masturbating over a severed goat head.

Cedar Jan 8th, 2008 01:26 PM

Black metal is good but the fans, the performers and the ideology is ridiculous

Vanhelm13 Jan 8th, 2008 06:28 PM

Finally. Someone needed to say that. And I didn't want it to be me.

Ninjavenom Jan 8th, 2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cedar (Post 521230)
Black metal is good but the fans, the performers and the ideology is ridiculous

Not entirely. Despite the fact that he is a complete piece of shit, I agree with Varg's reasons for burning down the churches, but not with the fact that he actually did it. A lot of Black Metal (once you get beyond childish obsessions with satan) bands are about very reasonable things, such as free thinking, the rejection of religion (judeo-christianity especially) in favor of ancient rituals, ancestor veneration, environmental conservation and propagation, naturalism, astronomy, and the revocation of one's own position within human society. Corpsepaint, satan, animal parts, church burnings, taking yourself seriously, and murder are all just theatrics.

Vanhelm13 Jan 8th, 2008 11:20 PM

The problem arises when the line between real thinking and theatrics is blurred. Which happens all to often up in the frozen wastes.

and those church burnings. the idea was "Jesus is bad. We make Jesus go away" which shows a hate for a group of people based on their religion. I mean, I'm all for hating people like Jerry Fallwell who said that katrina and the tsunami happened because of gay people, but burning down a church just because Jesus is stupid?
Lame.
It's the same kind of thinking that got so many of his precious vikings killed back in the day.
It's the same kind of thinking that makes people want to keep all Muslims off planes

Either way.
Burzum is amazing.