I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

executioneer Nov 27th, 2009 11:20 AM

i like games that have story-based character creation like that :(

Phoenix Gamma Nov 27th, 2009 12:10 PM

I started Hotel Dusk yesterday to help get me through Thanksgiving.

I like it, even if it's a slow burn. Controls are too awkward, though.

Fathom Zero Nov 27th, 2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 660830)
Crappy old DOS music is the best.

http://artscene.textfiles.com/

Music embedded in programs before .mp3s even existed.

Zhukov Nov 28th, 2009 08:15 AM

My friend just copied Borderlands onto my computer for me, so I have just started to play through that. I like it so far.

Chojin Nov 28th, 2009 08:18 AM

the original doc mock

elrond, king of the elves, is also in my party
the women in panel 3 also reminds me of a famous actor, but i can't rememer who

death's really let himself go

darkvare Nov 29th, 2009 06:12 PM

i finally played killzone 2 campaign is ok nothing mind blowing i prefer modern warfare

MarioRPG Nov 29th, 2009 08:00 PM

That death picture is horrifying.

Microshock Nov 30th, 2009 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 661129)
i finally played killzone 2 campaign is ok nothing mind blowing i prefer modern warfare

Yeah I agree. Killzone looked nicer though

bigtimecow Dec 1st, 2009 11:48 AM

ZILLKONE FUCK YOU

darkvare Dec 1st, 2009 07:15 PM

i got me god of war collection i never had a ps2 so it was a good deal for me

Dimnos Dec 1st, 2009 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 661426)
i got me god of war collection i never had a ps2 so it was a good deal for me

I picked this up about a week ago. I think Im about half way through the first one. Pretty damn good so far.

Phoenix Gamma Dec 1st, 2009 11:21 PM

Got Ikaruga working on my Dreamcast emulator. Never played it before, but I love me some shmups. Very, very cool game. The color mechanic kinda fucks with me, but I think I'll get the hang of it.

Also, downloaded The Mighty Jill Off. It's Bomb Jack, starring a masochist who needs to climb a tower to earn the privilege to lick her queen's boot. Very hard, but fun and cute. The S&M thing isn't too forced, so the few little winks in the game are actually kinda funny (To quit the game, you need to use your safe word: ESC.)

OxBlood Dec 2nd, 2009 04:37 AM

I shall play...well Boardgames and Low-Def-Console Games since MY FUCKING FLATSCREEN TV WAS DESTROYED BY A GODDAMNED EXPLODING BOTTLE-SPLINTER-SCHEISSTEILMISTVIECH! 600 Bucks down the drain after just 2 years... and here´s a colorful german curse for you.

GOTTVERDAMMTE DRECKSSCHEISSMISTPISSE!

I hate it. I hate it SO much when my stuff breaks or gets destroyed. Not only does it mean I have to get money from somewhere, it also means it will be work to replace the broken things. Get rid of the TV after trying to pull some insurance-stuff, go online and research my ass off for some good and cheap TV, buy the fucker, carry said fucker from work home and up to my flat. Hook the piece of shit up and THEN I can play again. Where the fuck is telekinesis and hypnosis (to get it for free) when you need em the most. Dreck.

Ant10708 Dec 3rd, 2009 03:55 AM

Resident Evil 5. Its okay so far. Getting tired of seeing the "press this button" during cinematic gimmick to make me feel like I am doing something. Haven't tried playing co-op yet.

OxBlood Dec 3rd, 2009 10:24 AM

Co-op is the ONLY way to play Game-with-no-Zombies-in-it, unless you´re grinding lickers.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 3rd, 2009 11:14 AM

Yeah, definitely need to play RE5 co-op.

darkvare Dec 3rd, 2009 11:58 AM

i would reccomend same console co-op on re 5 it makes the game a lot funnier, with the yelling and arm punching because you or he sucks or some one is wasting the ammo or because the stupid controller won't let you push the button rapidly enough and it results in getting back to the checkpoint and killing that guy again >:

BatmanJohnson Dec 3rd, 2009 09:54 PM

I'm between Dead Space and Resident Evil 5 currently. When I get frustrated with one I switch to the other.

Phoenix Gamma Dec 4th, 2009 01:37 AM

Downloaded the Bayonetta demo at my friend's place. It's fucking sick. Really cool combos, and the stripperiffic moves (like slamming down a giant axe and twirling on it like a stripper pole, shooting everyone with your stiletto gun shoes) are hilarious.

Guitar Woman Dec 4th, 2009 02:23 AM

Thief 3.

It's fucking awesome. I spent like an hour fucking around in the streets, breaking into shops and pickpocketing random jackoffs.

OxBlood Dec 4th, 2009 03:02 AM

I just sat in front of my PS2-Library yesterday and couldn´t decide what to play...in the end I just read more of the Starcraft BG Rules and watched a movie...stupid broken TV that I can´t afford to replace right away.

darkvare Dec 4th, 2009 05:44 PM

i got me a god of war 3 demo i'm currently downloading

Guitar Woman Dec 4th, 2009 07:30 PM

Ok, so the street wandering in Thief 3 has become more annoying than it is fun, especially after the city filled up with 12 Hammerites and 5 city watchmen on every corner :<

The missions are still great, though. Breaking into the Forbidden Library was awesome.

Phoenix Gamma Dec 4th, 2009 11:21 PM

Zelda: Spirit Tracks was leaked. I beat the first dungeon.

It's a lot better than Phantom Hourglass. Some people loved that game, some people hated it, but this game at least addresses some of the issues (touch controls are a lot better, the graphics are slightly upgraded and are actually taken advantage of).

They have a lot of creative ideas, like standing on top of the big iron suit zelda and having a game of chicken against a small enemy riding an exploding statue. The instrument is gimmicky as hell, but I love it. The train is less cool, but it's got a rope you can pull to toot the horn...

Also, the game's funny as hell. It almost comes close to Paper Mario. Most of it is from Zelda, though there's some great in-game moments that were really funny, like when you have to distract the guards by talking/staring at them.

B+ so far. First item was kinda silly, but at least it's being used a lot.

Guitar Woman Dec 5th, 2009 06:46 AM

Cursed Mountain.

Imagine Silent Hill in Tibet with less grimy otherworld shifts and more ghosts and incense burning and you'll probably be thinking of something pretty close to Cursed Mountain.

I think the only things I don't like so far are the Wiimote finishing moves and door unlocks, which register cleanly about half the time, and the silly slideshow cutscenes. If they had just rendered them in 3D or animated them like Thief has they'd be more interesting, but it's not really a deal-breaker. I'm glad there's a subtitle option, too, because the main character tends to mumble a fair bit of his narration.

Combat kind of reminds me of Killer7 or a really slow-paced Resident Evil 4. The sound effects are fantastic, and the developers seemed to realize that they weren't making a PS1 game and actually put work into making the game look nice.

Anyway, I love the game, and y'all should check it out if you're in the mood for a slow-burning horror game. It's not really scary, I think, but it can get harrowing if only because the controls aren't very good.