I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Old posts? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69705322)

hot Kukuro Nov 16th, 2010 05:34 PM

Old posts?

I didn't see if you've already answered this, but it states in rules that you shouldn't (and probably can't) post for old features, articles, etc.

Seriously, the main reason I registered was cuz the heading said posts old and new, and for the first time in years, I read an article that kinda got me heated and was looking forward to ranting about contradiction.

I also notice every thread seems to start with a generated comment to jump-start the discussion on the subject, so I felt discouraged from just starting a post with the name of the submission - is it ok to do so or am I correct in my assumption that no front page = no more words on the issue?

executioneer Nov 16th, 2010 05:39 PM

the article posts are largely exempt from the "don't reply to old posts" rule

Mockery Nov 16th, 2010 05:44 PM

Yeah, if it's in the articles forum, you can reply to anything in there, no matter how old. I encourage it, because it sometimes introduces other people to an old article they never even knew about.

So that definitely doesn't count as thread-bumping. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Post away and welcome to the forums :picklehat

hot Kukuro Nov 16th, 2010 06:02 PM

yo'kay... thanks for that.

hot Kukuro Nov 17th, 2010 09:44 PM

hrm... so I spent like the last 10 mins. typing up my little rant on such and such an article, only to find a message stating i can't start a new topic in the Article Discussion forum. Wtf's up with that?

executioneer Nov 18th, 2010 12:06 AM

you have to reply to an existing article thread if you want to rant about it

Tadao Nov 18th, 2010 12:25 AM

You could start a thread in General Blabber or Gaming or any of the others.

Mockery Nov 18th, 2010 12:53 AM

Correct. The article topics forum doesn't allow you to start new threads, so you'd need to start it up on General Blabber or something else if it's not a topic that already exists in the article topics forum.

executioneer Nov 18th, 2010 01:08 AM

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T

Tadao Nov 18th, 2010 01:24 AM

I want to see this rant.

hot Kukuro Nov 18th, 2010 02:31 AM

hm... i know a lot are old and all, but I still kinda feel slighted clicking a link urging me to "discuss this in our forums!" or "view photoshop submissions here!" only to meet with the dreaded message claiming it doesn't exist. Frankly, I'd probably feel like a chooch now if I decided to post a far overdue rant or comment/s on something of which the novelty has worn off for pretty much everyone else. For all I know, this crap coulda already been addressed months, even years ago.

Mockery Nov 18th, 2010 04:03 AM

How 'bout you tell us what article it's in response to for starters, then I can tell you if there is/was a thread for it somewhere. We revamped the site a few years ago so all new articles would automatically generate discussion threads, but there are lots of old articles that don't have them so they were usually manually created in another forum back in the day.

executioneer Nov 18th, 2010 04:09 AM

largely off topic but the word "chooch" to me sounds like someone trying to be racist against anthropomorphic trains

The Leader Nov 18th, 2010 07:54 AM

Can we make fun of people in the questions and suggestions or is that only ok in the other parts of the forums?

executioneer Nov 18th, 2010 01:16 PM

i think they get like 3 or so questions before you can make fun unless the question is REALLY dumb

Tadao Nov 18th, 2010 01:17 PM

Don't tangle my fishing line >:

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 18th, 2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 704453)
largely off topic but the word "chooch" to me sounds like someone trying to be racist against anthropomorphic trains

:lol

hot Kukuro Nov 18th, 2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 704453)

lol no, not even close.

But anyway, it's the Hooray for Napster! article in particular, along with a few random others I woulda liked to comment on/have fun with.

Esuohlim Nov 18th, 2010 08:02 PM

Man I can't wait for this seething, no-holds-barred rant of yours

Grislygus Nov 18th, 2010 08:23 PM

[quote=GRISLYGUS]
DEAR I-MOCKERY:
I OBJECT TO YOUR CONSTANT INSISTANCE THAT YOU HAVE A PICKLE HAT. IT IS QUITE OBVIOUSLY GREEN PAPER AND I HAVE NO IDEA HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO "REPRESENT" A "PICKLE". MAYBE I'M LOOKING AT IT WRONG. BUT I'M NOT. FOR ALL I NOW, IT ISN'T EVEN PAPER. BUT IT DEFINITELY ISN'T A PICKLE. IT DOES NOT VOER THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD, SO I DON'T PERSONALLY DEFINE IT AS A "HAT". IT IS A HEADGEAR. I AM NOT PLEASED. I FEEL THAT HONESTY IS IMPORTANT. YOU SHOULD HAVE A BASEBALL CAP. WITH A PICKLE ON IT. THAT WOULD BE A PICKLE HAT. SHAME ON YOU.

SINCERELY, GRISLY GUS

PS. I HOPE THAT YOU DON'T THINK I'M BEING PRESUMPTUOUS. I VALUE TRUTH IN MEDIA.[\QUOTE]

hot Kukuro Nov 18th, 2010 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 704577)
Man I can't wait for this seething, no-holds-barred rant of yours

wtf is it with the impatience? That's like the second time someone's rubbed their palms together expecting a written equivalent of a Springer brawl in an article and response.

Esuohlim Nov 18th, 2010 09:05 PM

Was that a prelude to the rant?

This is gonna be great, guys

Mockery Nov 18th, 2010 09:58 PM

Oh man, we're in store for one hell of a rant.

It's gonna be all like

kahljorn Nov 19th, 2010 05:43 PM

GREAT GOOD JOB CHASING OFF ANOtHER NEW POSTER

KERLS

HAHA THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO SWAY JERKS
*say :(

Grislygus Nov 19th, 2010 08:28 PM

chasing off new posters, my ass. that Ex leper guy seems to be taking shit rather well, as is Samfocusgroup. pretty soon THEY'LL be dishing it back, NO EXCUSES