I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Mega Man 9 (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700663)

Schimid Sep 23rd, 2008 02:13 PM

Mega Man 9

FUCK THIS IS HARD

I used to think I was really good at Mega Man, I guess I just got used to the enemy and boss patterns of 2 and 3. I've tried my hand at Jewel Man, Hornet Man, Concrete Man, Tornado Man and Plug Man's stages. So far I've only gotten to Tornado and Plug Man, and both of them beat me down something fierce.

Guitar Woman Sep 23rd, 2008 02:40 PM

I didn't think someone could be "good" at Megaman in the same sense they'd be good at, say, Mario Strikers or Team Fortress 2, since it's basically just pattern memorization.

Like Battletoads.

Grislygus Sep 23rd, 2008 03:11 PM

Megaman X was better, man

Tadao Sep 23rd, 2008 03:15 PM

Megaman Xtreme will be better.

Grislygus Sep 23rd, 2008 03:25 PM

It's making me jealous of the Wii, though, I'll admit

Phoenix Gamma Sep 23rd, 2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 581278)
I didn't think someone could be "good" at Megaman in the same sense they'd be good at, say, Mario Strikers or Team Fortress 2, since it's basically just pattern memorization.

Like Battletoads.

Maybe you need trial and error if you're really bad at it. Otherwise, it's feasible to beat a stage without memorization. Made it to Galaxy Man my first try.

I'm stuck on the third Wily Stage. Made it to the boss, but it's TWO of the yellow devils from MM1, so that's twice the amount of blobs to dodge :(

Schimid Sep 23rd, 2008 06:39 PM

I think you're "good" at a game like this if you can run through it relatively quickly...yeah, it's pattern memorization, but that doesn't mean you can't be good at memorizing the patterns, it's just a different kind of skill.

Yeah, Galaxy Man is cake...I really tried not to beat him first as I'd heard he was the easiest, but FUCK I can't imagine doing it any other way. I used the black hole against Hornet Man and it made the fight tons easier.

Up to my last one, Concrete Man now.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 23rd, 2008 07:26 PM

Got to the first part of the Wily fight. Holy shit, it's really hard and not like any of the other fights. By the time I figured out how to actually deal damage, I was screwed.

I do like the boss room this time, only because I got all 8 Quickdraw Achievements for the robot masters in one go. It was great. I also got Survivor from one of them as well, which felt really good.

darkvare Sep 23rd, 2008 08:39 PM

i'll wait till it gets released in live

Zomboid Sep 23rd, 2008 09:01 PM

I can't imagine getting anything other than intense frustration and a bit of nostalgia out of this game. I was like the fucking wizard when I played the first few megaman games as a kid, but I suck so bad at them now that it's more sad than anything else.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 23rd, 2008 09:09 PM

Yo Schmid, GamesRadar has a complete video guide on the game and all of the trickey parts people keep getting stuck on. Depending on how hard of a time you're having, you might want to check it out:

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/mega-man...92394639934042

Schimid Sep 24th, 2008 01:31 AM

Finally beat it...Wily's third form was really giving me trouble. I'd always get careless and get knocked once in his first form, twice in his second and die in the third. Even when I learned the weakness, he wouldn't dare come near me.

I got a few challenges, but nothing of note :x

VaporTrailx1 Sep 24th, 2008 04:04 PM

Still got another week for us XBL guys

darkvare Sep 24th, 2008 06:34 PM

at least we got duke nukem today

Phoenix Gamma Sep 24th, 2008 08:12 PM

Beat the game. Got the Quick Draw award for Wily, which was great. So far I have 38% of the achievments, including not getting hit an entire stage, reaching a boss without shooting, and beating a stage without jumping more than 50 times. Working on a few others right now.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 25th, 2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 581404)
i'll wait till it gets released in live

Good luck playing with THIS:

I mean, I think the system's rad and all, but man, that's a shit D-Pad.

pac-man Sep 25th, 2008 05:49 PM

Just northwest of that is a nifty little joystick that works fine.

VaporTrailx1 Sep 25th, 2008 06:02 PM

sadly i didn't know duke was out til i read your post.

Guitar Woman Sep 25th, 2008 06:38 PM

If you think a joystick would work at all for a twitchy precision-based 2D game like Megaman, you're out of your mind.

pac-man Sep 25th, 2008 06:51 PM

My mental state notwithstanding, I (and surely millions of others) have played plenty of sidescrollers using a joystick. Check out this little number if you think I'm full of shit:

But I guess there were no Mega Man games on the NES... oh wait, there were. Having played Castlevania: SOTN, Bionic Commando: Rearmed, Braid, and Sonic the Hedgehog using my Xbox 360 controller and its joystick, I find that it's pretty precise. Having said all that, yes, I am out of my mind.

Ant10708 Sep 25th, 2008 09:17 PM

Anyone buy the extra dude?

darkvare Sep 25th, 2008 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 581863)
Good luck playing with THIS:

I mean, I think the system's rad and all, but man, that's a shit D-Pad.

i played symphony of the night with the joystick and i use my wired 360 controller to play snes roms on my pc

Chojin Sep 25th, 2008 11:05 PM

i'm actually really impressed with this game. The music is some of the best in the series, and it's hard as crap.

I realized how pampered we're gotten with games when I kept getting sent back to the start of the level after getting murdered to pieces 10 screens in.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 26th, 2008 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant10708 (Post 581955)
Anyone buy the extra dude?

Doesn't hit till Oct. methinks. I probably won't buy it, since there doesn't seem to be much of an incentive to play as him. Then again, I'm gunning for all sorts of challenges, so I shouldn't be complaining about lack of incentives for shit.

Emu Sep 28th, 2008 01:28 PM

Mega Man has well over two dozen titles to his name, and yet he still

can't

fucking

duck