I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Fathom Zero Dec 9th, 2010 04:49 PM

And No More Heroes 2. I forgot that came out in January.

OxBlood Dec 10th, 2010 05:05 AM

Heh. I played Deadly Premonition for about 2 or 3hrs. This is...strangely appealing somehow. It´s weird, the main character makes everyone around him totally uncomfortable, the driving sucks ass, the controls are garbage and I guess that´s part of the charm or something. Just plain weird. In a good way.

Esuohlim Dec 10th, 2010 05:21 AM

OXBLOOD, GET A JOB

OxBlood Dec 10th, 2010 05:34 AM

Oh I do have a job again...finally. 11 months of unemployment were more than enough, believe me.

I just play a lot of games in my free time. I never said anything about finishing them. At least not if they´re longer than 15 hours. Though I guess that will have to take a step back as more work comes my way in the next months.

DougClayton4231 Dec 10th, 2010 08:34 AM

What was so enjoyable about Deadly Premonition? I played it for about an hour and it made me want to walk into a wood chipper. It was so awful.

OxBlood Dec 10th, 2010 08:53 AM

I don´t really know. Maybe it is one of those Plan 9 from outer space-things. So bad that it´s good? Btw I love that movie.

But the first hour is pretty crappy. It get´s better when you can roam the town freely.

WhiteRat Dec 10th, 2010 01:32 PM

Now that finals are over i've been playing Forza Motorsport 3 non-stop. Yesterday I played for 6 straight hours.

Fathom Zero Dec 11th, 2010 08:16 PM

neotokyo

ghostin' like purple-haired broads, smokin' bitches

OxBlood Dec 12th, 2010 10:33 AM

Okay, this is spooky. Somewhere there´s Bizarro-Oxblood aparently. And he made a game and called it Deadly Premonition. I can´t help but feel like this is about the game I´d make if someone let me...

What I´m trying to say is: This game is fucking awesome. Then again, any game which features a fucking Kazoo in it´s main theme is awesome. I can´t get it out of my head and I don´t want to either...

Fathom Zero Dec 12th, 2010 02:39 PM

I liek dis so much

OxBlood Dec 12th, 2010 02:44 PM

And guess what. I do have a Kazoo. In my car. HA! I can break out into the theme at any time if necessary .

Just went to Swery65 and played some Darts with my trusty Dart-Gun...and now: I light up a (virtual) cigarette and solve the crime!

King Hadas Dec 12th, 2010 09:38 PM

I wish the game didn't focus so much attention on the shoot'em up segments because they're dull as piss. I heard those bits where going to be less significant originally but Swery thought they'd please the Americans so he added more, sorry about that Oxblood.

DougClayton4231 Dec 12th, 2010 10:30 PM

Mafia 2 is an absolute fucking drag. I can't wait to be done with it. I had no idea that a 7 hour game could feel like a 70 hour game if it was designed poorly :(

LordSappington Dec 13th, 2010 01:32 AM

I stopped by Gamestop with the girlfriend before we started walking home the other night, and one of the employees we know there was going to sell his DJ Hero and two turntables, but Gamestop won't buy the table, so he said I could have them if I won a round of rock paper scissors. Thus, I got about $150 worth of stuff for free.

OxBlood Dec 13th, 2010 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Hadas (Post 707356)
I wish the game didn't focus so much attention on the shoot'em up segments because they're dull as piss. I heard those bits where going to be less significant originally but Swery thought they'd please the Americans so he added more, sorry about that Oxblood.

Oh I donīt mind, donīt worry. I actually enjoy them more or less. Mostly because of the hillarious voices of the enemies. Half the time I donīt even understand what the hell they mumble but then: "LEEEET ME DIIEEEEEEEOOOUUUUIIIEEEE!" Cracks me up every time and I donīt know why. Maybe because that specific sample is so fucking loud :lol

The enemies are (up till now) so amazingly random. I mean...pale People that can sense your breath with no eyes doing a reverse and backwards limbo-dance towards you. And each and every time you land a headshot, York has something to say which gets even more funny when you use the SMG. "AmazingGreatHeadshotAmazingAmazingHeadshotGreatsh ot!"

I really hope they never explain that :)

Iīm happy that games like that are still being made from time to time, itīs like a breath of fresh air among an army of undead remakes and stupid or overused concepts and ideas. Fuck, Deadly Premonition even compensates me for Final Fantasy 13 and that is saying A LOT. Thanks for that, Access games :)

DougClayton4231 Dec 13th, 2010 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 707382)
I stopped by Gamestop with the girlfriend before we started walking home the other night, and one of the employees we know there was going to sell his DJ Hero and two turntables, but Gamestop won't buy the table, so he said I could have them if I won a round of rock paper scissors. Thus, I got about $150 worth of stuff for free.

:lol

MarioRPG Dec 14th, 2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 707050)
What was everyones top ten games of this year?

I'm not going to make a list, but props for showing Trauma Team some love.

My top games would prob include red dead, and then couple of the other ones on your list.

As for right now, I'm playing Goldeneye for Wii

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 14th, 2010 01:49 PM

Deadly premonition looks and sounds horrible from the way people are reacting to it. I watched a video of the scene with the coffee and fell in love with it.

King Hadas Dec 14th, 2010 02:25 PM

Here's a great article about Deadly Premonition.
http://www.dreamdawn.com/sh/post_view.php?index=7827

It's what made me want to play the game although I think he makes some parts sound more appealing then they actually are, like the profiling.

Edit: Here's an unbroken up version http://www.dreamdawn.com/sh/info.php...+Seeds+Profile

OxBlood Dec 15th, 2010 03:31 AM

The profiling is aweseome cause you first think itīs an acutal gameplay-element but it really isnīt anything at all, just a mandatory sequence you have to watch :lol
I mean itīs not like you can do anything to influence or control the profiling. Thereīs nothing there that could be appealing or unappealing about it :D

@10kVolt: Does my reaction to the game make you think itīs bad? Itīs brilliant ;)

I showed the game to a friend yesterday and he just sat there, eyes wide open, staring at the screen while York was driving and talking to Zach...until I showed him the whistle-theme, that kinda made him happy :lol He also laughed at the fact that Mr. FBI has an Infinite SMG and the fortunetelling via coffee.

King Hadas Dec 15th, 2010 04:51 AM

The way that article describes it, every shoot em' up segment is the personification of York's mental profiling (not just when he smokes and puts all the clues together). He also compares those parts favorably to Silent Hill's otherworld which is a bit of bullshit.

OxBlood Dec 15th, 2010 05:27 AM

Hm, that might be, I never thought about it that way...then again, I´ll wait for the game to finish before I try to make sense of anything in it :D

I don´t know if you could compare those parts to Silent Hill but I´m really not a fan of those games cause they´re fucking horrible in terms of gameplay most of the time...and boring.

Fathom Zero Dec 15th, 2010 08:36 AM

I love how the shooting parts are never, ever explained and the enemies you're fighting have nothing to do with the main story.

I've been trying to get all the cards. I think I have about 40 of them.

OxBlood Dec 15th, 2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 707700)
I love how the shooting parts are never, ever explained and the enemies you're fighting have nothing to do with the main story.

Oh, for real? YES! :rock I was hoping itīd turn out that way. Thatīs one spoiler Iīm glad to read :lol

Reverse Limbo-Asshole-Zombieghoulghosts ftw.

Fathom Zero Dec 15th, 2010 09:51 AM

When it wasn't explained for the first, probably seven hours or so, I had a feeling it would never be.

And man, it doesn't disappoint.