I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New T4 Trailer (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69701569)

VaporTrailx1 Feb 2nd, 2009 10:49 AM

New T4 Trailer

Anyone see the new T4 trailer? Looks pretty badass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRwby_vjg88

Dimnos Feb 2nd, 2009 10:58 AM

Nice!

Angryhydralisk Feb 2nd, 2009 12:33 PM

Not bad. I haven't kept up too much on Terminator since 3 came out. Is that and that tv series any good?

WhiteRat Feb 2nd, 2009 07:05 PM

T2 is my all-time favorite movie so I had pretty high expectations of T3. I don't think it's as horrible as a lot of people say but it definitely is the worst of the 3 movies. I have no interest in watching the show at all.

Tadao Feb 2nd, 2009 07:09 PM

I liked 3s story. Never had an interest in the tv show either. I have a feeling that the tv series butchers the whole thing. The more you play with time and space, the less believable it becomes.

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 2nd, 2009 07:57 PM

The show is actually pretty good. It's got a seperate continuity than T3 I think though. I liked T3, but more because it's kind of ridiculous. Hoping T4 is good.

Tadao Feb 2nd, 2009 08:16 PM

Wasn't it proven that this and the matrix was all stolen from some lady?

VaporTrailx1 Feb 3rd, 2009 12:13 AM

Maybe. The idea of a supercomputer controlling or waging war against humanity has been around since atleast the 40's. SkyNEt does share a lot in common with Colossus inColossus(1966) and AM from "I Have no mouth and I must scream"(1967)

Tadao Feb 3rd, 2009 12:19 AM

Nah, it was pretty precise. Like the whole characters and plot and everything.

I guess it's false!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/matrix.asp

VaporTrailx1 Feb 3rd, 2009 12:52 PM

I don't know how anyone could try taking credit for both franchises. Their only similarity is robots taking over the world. The Matrix is more similar to Dark City than it is to Terminator.

Dimnos Feb 3rd, 2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 611043)
The show is actually pretty good. It's got a seperate continuity than T3 I think though. I liked T3, but more because it's kind of ridiculous. Hoping T4 is good.

They did some time traveling and basically made it where T3 never happened. The TV show is much better than T3. Yea they play around with time travel and stuff a bit, and yes that kinda fucks with things but I wouldnt say they have butchered it... yet anyway.

P.S. Dark City Ruled! :rock

VaporTrailx1 Feb 3rd, 2009 05:21 PM

The movies alone have atleast 5 or 6 timelines.

1 original timeline where Reese is not John's father
2 T1 altered timeline
3 T2 altered timeline
4 T3 altered timeline
5 T4 altered timeline

Tadao Feb 3rd, 2009 05:36 PM

Like I said, keep playing with it and it usually gets worse. Example, T2 is still the best.

King Hadas Feb 3rd, 2009 07:12 PM

I can't say this movie looks all that tasty. It seems to be missing out on what I liked most about the first two movies, the terminator. I mean, I saw robots but no singular, larger-than-life robot antagonist. All that time travel bunk was just parsley for me, the greatest appeal of those movies were the super-cool terminators. I didn't enjoy the third one because the lady terminator just didn't wow me. I also didn't like Skynet's rise turning out to be inevitable. Doesn't that mean Arnie's sacrifice in the second one was totally pointless? That's bullshit!

Tadao Feb 3rd, 2009 07:23 PM

The only thing I like about this trailer is that it has that mad max look to it. I love that shit.

VaporTrailx1 Feb 3rd, 2009 10:50 PM

Judgment Day had to happen one way or another, Simply because John Connor and SkyNET are actually responsible for creating themselves in all timeline's but 1. If SkyNET didn't rise, the time machine wouldn't exist for him to send his father back in time. So if SkyNET didn't exist, John wouldn't exist. And if John didn't exist SkyNET never would have sent back a terminator to be used as the basis for technology that would become SkyNET.

I think it actually would be more interesting if they made a movie taking place in the original unaltered timeline.

executioneer Feb 4th, 2009 02:34 AM

they did, it's called "flashdance"

kahljorn Feb 4th, 2009 05:10 PM

i thought resse was always john connors father ;/

executioneer Feb 4th, 2009 07:26 PM

yeah that's kind of the point i was trying to make ;/

kahljorn Feb 5th, 2009 02:15 AM

Quote:

yeah that's kind of the point i was trying to make ;/
lol i get it now :(

darkvare Feb 5th, 2009 08:21 AM

finally a war between the humasn and the terminators. 3 movies talking about it and is finally true

Dimnos Feb 5th, 2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 611656)
finally a war between the humasn and the terminators. 3 movies talking about it and is finally true

Damn straight!

electric ninja Feb 7th, 2009 05:01 AM

One thing I noticed when wacthing the first Terminator movie, if the machines didn't sent the terminator back to kill Sarah Conner, the humans wouldnt have had to send Reese back and John Conner would never have been conceved. The machines are partly responsible for John's existence. Although Cyberdyne developed the technolgy used in terminators after the hand of the sent-back terminator was found, so the machiens are also partly responsible for them selfs.

Tadao Feb 7th, 2009 02:14 PM

Already said that. Fucking shut up.

MetalMilitia Feb 8th, 2009 10:54 AM

I believe the way it's supposed to work is that there isn't just a single time-line. Each time something is changed the time-line splits into a new line. So the fact that Skynet basically creates itself is redundant because in the new time-line created when the Terminator was originally sent back in time Skynet exists so the time-line in which Skynet does not exist (or rather it does not exist for many more years) is no longer relevant.

The thing you need to remember is that when the Kyle tells Sarah about judgement day he is referring to his own timeline and not the parent timeline in which it may not have occured for many more years.

There is also the possibility that I'm talking complete bollocks.