I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Zomboid Feb 8th, 2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 671688)
Zomboid, I like your gamerpic on Xbox Live. :lol That's badass.

Which? The Fallout mascot?

Also, I finally got my copy of Mass Effect 2 last night. Some of the changes take a bit of getting used to, but it's pretty solid so far.

Fathom Zero Feb 8th, 2010 01:02 PM

This'n.

Guitar Woman Feb 8th, 2010 03:11 PM

The "Drunk Dad" ending of Shattered Memories is fucking awesome, y'all

Without spoiling much, the final scene is a home movie of Harry just being a drunken slob and yelling at Cheryl, it's hilarious

LordSappington Feb 9th, 2010 12:14 AM

Ever since I remembered MW2 has throwing knives, my kill/death ratio has gone in the gutters. :(

Phoenix Gamma Feb 9th, 2010 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 671743)
The "Drunk Dad" ending of Shattered Memories is fucking awesome, y'all

Without spoiling much, the final scene is a home movie of Harry just being a drunken slob and yelling at Cheryl, it's hilarious

It's horrible :(

All of them make me really sad...

I've been polishing off games I started awhile back. Boy and His Blob has an awesome finale where Blob turns into a mech that you pilot and use to beat the shit out of a boss with. I also beat Muramasa's second story. Lotta side content that more or less amounts to playing character specific content with the opposite person, but harder. I'll probably pick at it bit by bit over the next few months, cause the combat is still really fun.

Was thinking of starting up Fire Emblem 4, but that game's got just 10 maps, and they take fucking forever to beat.

Zomboid Feb 9th, 2010 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 671730)

This'n.

Gotta represent muh country.

MarioRPG Feb 9th, 2010 04:48 PM

I'm starting up No More Heroes, and Tatsunoko Vs Capcom once I have some friends over.

I'd play Silent hill again if I felt it was worth it.

captain516 Feb 9th, 2010 11:52 PM

Age Of Empires 3
I'm terrible at it now :(

Phoenix Gamma Feb 9th, 2010 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioRPG (Post 671859)
I'm starting up No More Heroes, and Tatsunoko Vs Capcom once I have some friends over.

You can always start without them. Gotta play arcade a lot to unlock different characters.

I think getting 4 Capcom endings = Frank West. Which is really all you need. He's awesome :love

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 10th, 2010 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain516 (Post 671900)
Age Of Empires 3
I'm terrible at it now :(

I hate how long it takes to level up each civ to find out which one you like long term. I just ended up sticking as the French.

dextire Feb 10th, 2010 01:37 AM

I'm playing Red Faction: Guerrilla. I loved the first one, and so far this one is just as much fun.
It's great to be able to kill guys by taking out the floor under them, or bringing the whole building down on top of them.

Actually, right now I'm having fun just causing buildings to fall in different ways. :)

Fathom Zero Feb 10th, 2010 08:55 AM

It gets better with the Nano Rifle. Oh, yes it does.

OxBlood Feb 10th, 2010 12:21 PM

My short impression of Bioshock 2 after 6 hrs:

Good game. Not as original as the first one, which was to be expected, but good nonetheless. The whole "protect the little sister"-mechanic is WAY less annoying as I thought, Weapons and Plasmids are fun too, of course, the Rivet Gun is a very nice replacement for the Revolver.

Only the graphics surprise me, they seem worse than in the first one, especially the time it takes to get textures on some things can he cruel sometimes. Ready the drill-weapon and sometimes you get a bland, untextured object and the game takes about 6 (SIX!) seconds to apply layer after layer of textures and bumpmapping and whatnot to it in front of your eyes. VERY disturbing.

Fathom Zero Feb 10th, 2010 01:37 PM

Kinda like Mass Effect, then?

OxBlood Feb 10th, 2010 02:17 PM

It´s the same effect, yes, only much worse at times, the drill is about the most horrifying example, you just...stop and...gawk at the bleakness of that strange object while it slowly takes shape in front of your eyes, like some blob of interstellar slime struggling to take on a familliar form, so it can attempt cross-species-communication with you...horrible I tell you.

The level-objects and walls have that problem too from time to time, not as much as ME1, but it´s still noticeable. Also, many of the textures, even if completely loaded just look like shit, I can´t remember BS1 looking that cheap...it´s not everywhere but it´s there.

darkvare Feb 10th, 2010 03:22 PM

are you playing on ps3 360 or pc?

OxBlood Feb 10th, 2010 03:55 PM

360. Some dude in another forum reported the same shit though and he´s playing it on PC.

darkvare Feb 10th, 2010 03:59 PM

i'm gonna try on ps3 but i must admit that texture popping on ps3 has been an issue ith me since the beggining

MarioRPG Feb 10th, 2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 671902)
You can always start without them. Gotta play arcade a lot to unlock different characters.

I think getting 4 Capcom endings = Frank West. Which is really all you need. He's awesome :love

Oh figures, haha. I played it once through to test it. Which controller do you use to play? I just used the WiiMote but it almost feels like cheating.

Phoenix Gamma Feb 10th, 2010 05:52 PM

Classic. But I play lots of fighters. Playing the simplified controls is for people new to the genre. I actually hear it's pretty good for learning the mechanics without getting fucked up by button inputs. Even though the VS. games have easier inputs for moves.

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 11th, 2010 10:56 AM

Wu Tang: Shaolin Style
Spoilers!

Guitar Woman Feb 11th, 2010 12:59 PM

Sirent Hirr Spoirers
Spoilers!

Yeah, it's sort of a stretch, but fuck you, half the fun of Silent Hill is reading into it too much.

Phoenix Gamma Feb 11th, 2010 01:58 PM

I just interpreted it as a "what-if", alternate dimension type thing. Not that I've gotten around to the main series yet.

OxBlood Feb 12th, 2010 05:31 AM

Okay, finished Bioshock 2 yesterday. A really nice game, I think I like the BS2-Story a bit more than the first one and gameplaywise it´s also better than the first.

Zhukov Feb 12th, 2010 06:46 AM

I'm playing Army of Two: The 40th Day.

Because they couldn't call it Army of Two 2.

I enjoyed the sillyness of the first one, if not the weapon customisation. Plus, it was good fun two player. Playing through the sequel by myself is alright, but it seems like it's going to be a really short and easy game; I already have the "Finish half the game on Hard Mode" xbox achievement after about two and a half hours play.

This time through there are less weapons as well. Which sucks, but seems to be keeping up with the trend of sequels at the moment. Another thing missing unless I am mistaken is selecting your armour (heavy, light etc) and having different face masks for each of the characters; replaced now with a few to select from for both, and a "make your own mask on the EA website" thingo which doesn't seem to let people without a gold xbox live account use it.

I do like the character design, however, and some of the enemies look especially cool. In fact the concept art is the best part of this game. A lot of it reminds me of Akira.

All the scripted sequences where you have to snipe two people at once, or tactics where you have one guy distract and the other flank are difficult to pull off in single player. It's much more rewarding with two people; you can even play paper, scissors, rock!