I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   NY Times Uses Fake Photo (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19780)

Kulturkampf Jan 19th, 2006 07:12 AM

NY Times Uses Fake Photo

The New York Times used a fake photograph in their report on the Pakistani missile attack, being that in order to convey the truth, it is best to... use false photos to make it more shocking.

Stunning journalism skills.

I think the Conservative press should have used a fake photo of Pres. Clinton getting a blowjob from Monica Lewinsky; I suggest that either Veronica Brazil or Jenna Jameson be the stand-in for Monica, and Peter North the stand-in for Pres. Clinton.

New York Times notes in the correction:
"Correction appended Jan. 17, 2006: A caption Saturday on NYTimes.com with a photograph of damage from a U.S. airstrike in Pakistan misidentified an item in the photograph. Agence France-Presse, the agency that provided the photograph, later changed the caption to report that the item appears to be an unexploded artillery shell, not a piece of a missile from Friday's attack."

Genius! An unexploded artillery shell is mistaken for a missile, and the French agency they got it from lied blatantly, claiming it was a remainder of the missile. Apparently the notes got screwed up somewhere...

Or there was an attempt to make US troops look bad.

The liberal press is not your friend.

Pharaoh Jan 19th, 2006 07:41 AM

It's only to be expected from them. The liberal press is not your friend, unless you're a liberal.
Never trust a hippie.

Geggy Jan 19th, 2006 09:56 AM

Who took that picture? It looks like a set up to me...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_of_the_Dead_Cow

:confused

KevinTheOmnivore Jan 19th, 2006 10:26 AM

Yes, this is clearly in line with the liberal media's agenda.

Step 1: Force French press agency to lie about photo
Step 2: Publish said photo
Step 3: Catch mistake
Step 4: Print correction of said mistake, thus making themselves look foolish

Those bastards. Who do those hippie "tossers" think they are????

mburbank Jan 19th, 2006 11:04 AM

This is just like that time the NYT printed those fake Judith Miller stories about Iraq having WMD. Say! You're right! Maybe the liberal press ISN'T my friend!

Or maybe it's more like the time TV guide put Oprahs body on Anne Margarets head.

ItalianStereotype Jan 19th, 2006 11:57 AM

I think geggy is just copy and pasting now.

ziggytrix Jan 19th, 2006 12:07 PM

caption and photoshop forum! :lol

kahljorn Jan 19th, 2006 12:55 PM

Yea it's almost as bad as acting on false information-- wasn't that from the french as well? "We know there's yellow cake, we have the paper right here!". Good ol' conservatives.

Both parties are full of piece of shit people who will do anything to "Stop" the other. What's the surprise... you act like human desperation is some new development of the 21st century. ONLY SINCE 2003 HAS THE EVIL LIBERAL PARTY DONE CRIMES LIKE THIS ONE.
Both parties suck ;(

Ant10708 Jan 19th, 2006 03:18 PM

yeah both parties do suck but that doesn't have much to do with conservatives and liberals since you don't have to be one or the other to be in one of the two retarded political parties.

kahljorn Jan 19th, 2006 03:43 PM

what the fuck does that even mean? Seriously.

ziggytrix Jan 19th, 2006 03:51 PM

It means the terms liberal and Democrat are not interchangable, and neither are the terms conservative and Rebuplican.

kahljorn Jan 19th, 2006 04:02 PM

Great, now I feel enlightened.

Kulturkampf Jan 19th, 2006 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
Yes, this is clearly in line with the liberal media's agenda.

Step 1: Force French press agency to lie about photo
Step 2: Publish said photo
Step 3: Catch mistake
Step 4: Print correction of said mistake, thus making themselves look foolish

Those bastards. Who do those hippie "tossers" think they are????

No, more like:

French try to feed shocking photography of events as fact;

Someone who knows ANYTHING about ordinance sees a large artillery round and laughs when they say it is an unexploded part of the missile;

NY Times is forced to print a retraction because it is so obvious to anyone who has ever been around munitions.

But I would not expect a liberal to have served in the military and have any concept of what different rounds look like, or to have any clue about ordinance. I am no expert but it is kind of cute that an entirely in-tact artillery round is being passed off as an unexploded part of a missile -- I personally laughed at the photo. I am no Red Legs (again, I would not expct a liberal to be familiar with any military slang) but I can tell the difference between an artillery round and a missile (in most obvious cases such as this).

You think that they would have been able to pass that off for long?

Somewhere a 13B would have seen the photo and passed it around to his soldiers laughing at the mistake, sending a little email to the journalists saying: "Are you for real?"

But! Again, I would not expect a liberal to know what a 13B is, or to believe that anyone is capable of objective analysis of the media.

Liberals are not notorious for their military service, discipline, or dedication to ... anything (?!?).

kahljorn Jan 19th, 2006 05:40 PM

"I am no Red Legs (again, I would not expct a liberal to be familiar with any military slang) but I can tell the difference between an artillery round and a missile (in most obvious cases such as this). "

You're one of those losers who studies up on the military and other shit, joins the jrotc and becomes the "Nerd you dont want to fuck with" then adopts racist cuntley views to support that stereotype. I've known tons of people like you and I find it hilarious. You're so wise and cool. LETS GO PLAY PAINT BALL.

KevinTheOmnivore Jan 19th, 2006 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn
LETS GO PLAY PAINT BALL.

:lol

ziggytrix Jan 19th, 2006 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kulturkampf
But I would not expect a liberal to have served in the military and have any concept of what different rounds look like

I wouldn't expect anyone in the press (liberal OR conservative) to have military experience. I wouldn't be suprised if someone in the press did. But they wouldn't necessarily be an editor. Still, the bulk of the blame falls on Agence France-Presse for this mistake.

It's strange that you wanna start screaming about liberal press conspiracies when the picture was still of undetonated US munition in an area we blew the fuck up. If that "makes US troops look bad" then, uh, I dunno what to say but, "grow a pair, you sissy - war never was pretty." Our guys aren't exactly in the business of handing out teddy bears and cupcakes.

So what would a good conservative press do? Never ever EVER show anything that might hurt the poor widdle voters feewings? How bout that picture of the kid beating Saddam's statue head with his shoe! That was great! Why can't they just show that clip anytime we hear about anything in the Middle East?! That would be swell!

It's so tiresome that every time someone sees something they don't like in the media they have to start screaming about liberal or conservative bias (yeah that includes my whining about NEWSCorp, but I never said I wasn't a big fuckin hypocrite). You fucking retards need to get it through your thick skulls that overwhelming bias in the media is a capitalist bias, and would you like to buy a front page ad, sir? I can get you one at 30% off the regular price!

Kulturkampf Jan 19th, 2006 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn
"I am no Red Legs (again, I would not expct a liberal to be familiar with any military slang) but I can tell the difference between an artillery round and a missile (in most obvious cases such as this). "

You're one of those losers who studies up on the military and other shit, joins the jrotc and becomes the "Nerd you dont want to fuck with" then adopts racist cuntley views to support that stereotype. I've known tons of people like you and I find it hilarious. You're so wise and cool. LETS GO PLAY PAINT BALL.

No, not really. I was never a nerd. I was a punk rocker throughout highschool, and still am.

And by punk rock, I do not mean anything after 1995 unless it is copying the style between 1977-1995.

But, if you cannot confront the points, whatever.

Call me a racist all you want. I'll call you a Communist cunt.

Kulturkampf Jan 19th, 2006 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggytrix
Quote:

But I would not expect a liberal to have served in the military and have any concept of what different rounds look like

I wouldn't expect anyone in the press (liberal OR conservative) to have military experience. I wouldn't be suprised if someone in the press did. But they wouldn't necessarily be an editor. Still, the bulk of the blame falls on Agence France-Presse for this mistake.

It's strange that you wanna start screaming about liberal press conspiracies when the picture was still of undetonated US munition in an area we blew the fuck up. If that "makes US troops look bad" then, uh, I dunno what to say but, "grow a pair, you sissy - war never was pretty." Our guys aren't exactly in the business of handing out teddy bears and cupcakes.

How is it US munitions? Do you see 'US' on it anywhere? I see a really old looking, OD Green painted shell sitting there that is easily identifiable as artillery round. I am no expert on it, but it could easily be Russian. Who knows?

Quote:

So what would a good conservative press do? Never ever EVER show anything that might hurt the poor widdle voters feewings? How bout that picture of the kid beating Saddam's statue head with his shoe! That was great! Why can't they just show that clip anytime we hear about anything in the Middle East?! That would be swell!
No, not the point at all; but ideally, we wouldn't find hilariously incorrect photographs and try to pass them off as truth.

Quote:

It's so tiresome that every time someone sees something they don't like in the media they have to start screaming about liberal or conservative bias (yeah that includes my whining about NEWSCorp, but I never said I wasn't a big fuckin hypocrite). You fucking retards need to get it through your thick skulls that overwhelming bias in the media is a capitalist bias, and would you like to buy a front page ad, sir? I can get you one at 30% off the regular price!
A Capitalist bias?

Does it apply to nationally subsidized bits like BBC, a very famous media outlet?

Journalism is a job that attracts leftists.

Marc Summers Jan 19th, 2006 10:43 PM

Quote:

I'll call you a Communist cunt.

Do you keep a black list of people with your ammunition? Those are fun! I hope one day you can achieve your dream of killing everyone who doesn't think like you, because ooh people who don't think like me are just awful! I call them names and classify them in groups they would just so obviously take offense to, but it doesn't bother them! That makes me even angrier until I start talking with my good friend Jack Daniels and then he tucks me into bed and serves me breakfast.

Jeanette X Jan 19th, 2006 10:45 PM

Re: NY Times Uses Fake Photo

Quote:

No, not really. I was never a nerd. I was a punk rocker throughout highschool, and still am.

And by punk rock, I do not mean anything after 1995 unless it is copying the style between 1977-1995.

But, if you cannot confront the points, whatever.

Call me a racist all you want. I'll call you a Communist cunt.

ScruU2wice Jan 19th, 2006 11:20 PM

Quote:

The New York Times has now corrected the caption. But the correction misspells “ordnance” as “ordinance.”
LOL :(

mburbank Jan 20th, 2006 09:32 AM

I was a Punk Rocker throughout my highschooling and still practice it!

French try to feed shocking photography of events as fact even as most french schoolchilds enage the speaking of English with more better than I am able to

I would not expect a liberal like George MccGovern or John Kerry to have served in the military and have any concept of what different rounds look like, or to have any clue about ordinance. I would much have a preference more for conservative combat experts in military ordinance types like George W bush or President Chenney or Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Rice, or any of the other brave militariants currently servicing our government!

Do you like my punk dance look? Soon it will have the enhancements of face tatooing on and also the hands!

It is clear I am an example that the military have reduced their standards of entrance at least for the essay question!

Who is Judith Miller? What does she have to do with the communism stance of the fake photos of the New York Times which I have heard from a website is a news paper for liberal reading! I cannot believe they used fake photos of mobile chemical laboratories in their speech to the UN on unexploded french ordinance that anyone knows is not a piece of missaleage! I am sending their journalist a email sying "are you for real?"

Hoodle-ee-doodle-ee-dee! I have the brain damage! I have no red legs of military slang which I wouldn't expect you to know!

Okay for now the bye bye! I have to go get discharged for having for sure been at the pratcie of my insanity which I have been since highschool! I'll be back though to have the validation of you liberals which I wouldn't expect you to have known is what I want since there might be someone of you which is on the readfing of my posts as opposed to my nearly unreadable blog! Yay! I am a punk!

Kulturkampf Jan 20th, 2006 09:51 AM

(and again, this is what liberals resort to)

No, I am not going to use physical violence against liberals.

But they are cunts.

Pub Lover Jan 20th, 2006 09:56 AM

Quote:

'Resort' kinda implies that Mister Burbank feels his past arguments have failed against your masterful masterness. What you seemly fail to grasp is that he's simply pointing & laughing.

Kulturkampf Jan 20th, 2006 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover
Quote:

'Resort' kinda implies that Mister Burbank feels his past arguments have failed against your masterful masterness. What you seemly fail to grasp is that he's simply pointing & laughing.

He's never made an argument.

He has said:

"You suck at English."

"You.. suck in general."