I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New Sandman out (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6024)

pjalne Sep 15th, 2003 12:48 PM

New Sandman out

Neil Gaiman's Endless Nights is out. This comic has a chapter devoted to each of the Endless. I won't get it in the mail for some time, but it will be good and you should all read it.

Protoclown Sep 15th, 2003 12:50 PM

I'm picking up my copy on Wednesday. I already read Dream's story in the Preview Book and it was fantastic. :love

pjalne Sep 15th, 2003 01:00 PM

There are only like three stores in my entire country that are remotely up-to-date with realeases like this. If it wasn't for Amazon, I'd have to drive ten hours to maybe find it on the other side of the country or wait for ten years :(

FS Sep 15th, 2003 03:40 PM

I've got a couple of comics, among which the first Sandman, coming for me in the mail. That means I have no business posting in this topic, but I'm being ironic. I mean. I. I'm.

pjalne Sep 16th, 2003 09:07 AM

The first Sandman is pretty good compared to many other comics, but it´s one of the weakest in the Sandman collection. Still, better start with the beginning.

Protoclown Sep 16th, 2003 12:31 PM

Agreed, the first trade paperback (I assume that's what you're talking about, FatSatan, as opposed to merely the first issue) is my least favorite of the bunch. Not to say that it's bad, but it just doesn't compare to what comes later. I wasn't truly hooked until Death's first appearance in issue 8.

pjalne Sep 17th, 2003 09:46 AM

My favourite collections are The Doll's House, Season of Mists, Brief Lives and The Kindly Ones. And The Wake is just beautiful.

Of course, these are all collections with one coherent storyline as opposed to the books that consist of single near-standalone chapters, so I guess a comparison would be unfair. If you asked me what my favourite chapter was, things would probably look a bit different.

Perhaps the Arabian one. It really sums up the logics and the poetry of the dreamworld beautifully.

Oh, and the one with the Chinese guy in the desert.

In fact, they're all good :(

Protoclown Sep 17th, 2003 01:15 PM

My favorite book was DEFINITELY "Brief Lives", although "Season of Mists", "The Doll's House" and "The Kindly Ones" are all right up there too. Looks like we've got pretty much the same taste there.

"The Wake" is probably my second least favorite. It's fantastic, but it's depressing and it's not one of my favorite parts of the story to reread over and over because it makes me sad. :(

My favorite single-issue story was probably "Three Septembers and a January".

pjalne Sep 17th, 2003 02:41 PM

Is that the one with Emperor Norton? Cause if it is, I like it a lot.

Protoclown Sep 24th, 2003 01:18 PM

Yep.

And "Endless Nights" was fucking fantastic. :love

ShanghaiOrange Sep 24th, 2003 05:33 PM

I like how one of the stories was drawn by Milo Manera who also does naked adult sex comics. :(
Incidently, "Neverwhere" just came out on DVD w/ commentary by Niel Giaman. Edit: I mean Neil Gaiman. :(

LacrimansTaurne Sep 26th, 2003 01:25 AM

Speaking of "Neverwhere"...

I had the hardest time finding those DVDs. Major retailers like Best Buy and Suncoast had not received any when it was released. The only store I found that had a copy was Barnes & Noble. Nevertheless, it was well worth getting my hands on it.

pjalne Sep 29th, 2003 07:48 AM

Jesus Christ, I'm going to need to get that DVD. Problem is, there's a 30-dollar import limit where I live, and I can't find it for less anywhere :(

ShanghaiOrange Sep 29th, 2003 11:50 AM

www.deepdiscountdvd.com :(

pjalne Sep 29th, 2003 11:59 AM

Whoa, not bad. Thanks.