I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   X-Men: First Class (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69706809)

The Leader Jun 5th, 2011 11:56 AM

X-Men: First Class

Anyone else see this? It's definitely the best X-Men movie that has been made and I think it's probably the best "super" super hero film in recent memory. It at least deserves its own thread.

The selection of characters was great. Several of them were more recent creations like Azazel and Darwin, but they fit into the early period of the X-Men as well as Prof. X and Magneto did. Kevin Bacon was also pretty awesome as his role as the lead villain, Sebastian Shaw.

What did ya'all think?

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 6th, 2011 11:23 AM

I think I still need to see it. Heard it was good though.

Dingus Knucklehumper Jun 6th, 2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Leader (Post 724451)
It's definitely the best X-Men

Can't really agree. Without implying in any way that it's a bad movie it is definitely my least favorite of the series. Can't really give my reasons though without spoiling.

Dimnos Jun 6th, 2011 01:33 PM

Umm... I still havent seen this but Im willing to bet my left nut it was better than X3. :rolleyes

executioneer Jun 6th, 2011 03:09 PM

yeah i don't think you can top fucking up that badly on (a) Juggernaut or (b) Deadpool, so there's gotta be at least two movies worse

Dingus Knucklehumper Jun 6th, 2011 04:19 PM

Ahhhhh I see. Comic book guys.

I have to admit that if I had already known these characters from marvel and they screwed them up in the movie then I would certainly have a different perspective. Being unburdened with any preconceived notions on what any of the characters should or shouldn't be put X3 higher on my list. What bothered me the most about First Class was actually a plot discrepancy between it and X3 but maybe X3 was the movie with the problem. I look forward to seeing if anyone else notices it and possibly finding out what the correct sequence of events should have been after everyone has a chance to see it.

executioneer Jun 6th, 2011 08:58 PM

yes i am sure it is a surprise to find comics books guys on a website about things that were popular with children in the 1980s

Pentegarn Jun 6th, 2011 10:02 PM

In other news, water is wet

Dimnos Jun 6th, 2011 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dingus Knucklehumper (Post 724585)
Can't really give my reasons though without spoiling.

Put it in a spoiler tag.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 7th, 2011 10:38 AM

I feel like its going to end up in CAPSLOCK instead though.

Dingus Knucklehumper Jun 7th, 2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 724664)
yes i am sure it is a surprise to find comics books guys on a website about things that were popular with children in the 1980s

:confused:
Not really sure where that's coming from or why I would be surprised. It was just an "ohhhhhh that's why they hate what's probably my favorite X-men movie... different perspective" and a nod that in your shoes I'm sure I'd feel the same. I really don't get how my validating both points of view can be taken negatively. :\

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 724769)
I feel like its going to end up in CAPSLOCK instead though.

Not from me. Not ever. :)

Dingus Knucklehumper Jun 7th, 2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 724694)
Put it in a spoiler tag.

Spoilers!

Pub Lover Jun 7th, 2011 01:22 PM

Easy the walking Xaviers were Skrulls.

Dingus Knucklehumper Jun 7th, 2011 01:40 PM

Excellent point. I'm sure that's exactly how it will be resolved in X-men-X The Final X-planation.

Thanks Wikipedia.

Dimnos Jun 7th, 2011 02:42 PM

In those movies the walking professor is inside someones mind. When he goes into someones mind he is not limited by his physical handicaps.

The Leader Jun 7th, 2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dingus Knucklehumper (Post 724808)
Not really sure where that's coming from or why I would be surprised. It was just an "ohhhhhh that's why they hate what's probably my favorite X-men movie... different perspective" and a nod that in your shoes I'm sure I'd feel the same.

I don't read x-men comics. The movies have all just sucked at increasing levels until this one.

PS Did you think prof. X road around in a wheelchair in x-men, x2 and x3 just for laughs?

Dimnos Jun 7th, 2011 03:38 PM

When I get old I plan on doing it. I hear they will let me cut to the front of lines at six flags.

kahljorn Jun 7th, 2011 03:38 PM

:lol at dingus not being able to figure that out

Pentegarn Jun 7th, 2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Leader (Post 724865)
I don't read x-men comics. The movies have all just sucked at increasing levels until this one.

PS Did you think prof. X road around in a wheelchair in x-men, x2 and x3 just for laughs?

The Twisted Toyfare Theater Professor X does

Dingus Knucklehumper Jun 7th, 2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 724872)
:lol at dingus not being able to figure that out

Spoilers!

Please feel free to figure it out for me. I still like the Skrull theory. ;)

executioneer Jun 7th, 2011 07:52 PM

maybe first class is intended as a reboot/separate continuity from the other movies

Dingus Knucklehumper Jun 7th, 2011 08:14 PM

Yeah that's what I was leaning toward when I said maybe X3 was the one with the problem and I look forward to knowing what the correct sequence of events was supposed to be.
At that point I hadn't even remembered that he was also walking around on Three Mile Island.

Anyway... Other than that it was for me a pretty good movie

Supafly345 Jun 9th, 2011 03:03 AM

It looks better than all the previous xmen movies, although that isn't hard to do. But it has a director for once that isn't shit too.

The Leader Jun 9th, 2011 01:58 PM

All film reviews should be brief and rhyme just like that.

Dingus Knucklehumper Jun 9th, 2011 02:42 PM

This movie was great right up to the end where a plot hole developed I couldn't defend. :rock