I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Phoenix Gamma Jun 11th, 2008 08:26 PM

Well I'm a lot further now :P Though I saw the nests during the Ocelot duel and felt really clever for using them. I just talked to that Russian guy that told me to backtrack to the warehouse.

Question: Any time I'm approaching a soldier from behind, he magically turns around and sees me (unlike MGS1 and 2). I go slow, and those fuckers keep magically sensing me. I know I'm doing something wrong, because I rarely pull off CQC at all. How I do suck less? :(

Emu Jun 11th, 2008 09:20 PM

Use the D-pad to move instead of the control stick. I didn't figure that out til the end of the game. :\

Phoenix Gamma Jun 12th, 2008 02:54 AM

Well shit, I'd have never guessed to use that.

Also, holy fuck is The End scary. I thought I snuck up on the guy, but when I got to the spot, he had moved, and when I investigated, the prick shot me. He was asleep, too, so I have no idea how he magically moved in the time it took to climb up there.

Guitar Woman Jun 13th, 2008 10:49 PM

I've been plaing Halo Custom Edition online lately.

I don't care what anyone says, this game is SEX.

Although without voice communication, I'm having a really hard time strategizing with my teammates, especially when I have the flag and am desperately running in circles to get the attention of someone in a car that might possibly bring me to safety.

Not that that would help, the people who play this are probably idiots like every other online shooter ever. But anyway, this is a gigantic step up from any Source mods I've played so far and you all should download it so we can have a high larious battle.

omgsmg Jun 14th, 2008 01:27 AM

i just got lego indiana jones for the wii and it is very fun!

-BTC

Fathom Zero Jun 14th, 2008 01:30 AM

I haven't been playing anything lately. My brothers have finally broken/lost my last few games for the 360.

One of their buddies stole Grand Theft Auto and they snapped Halo 3 in half. However, this time without them has given me a greater appreciation for Shadowrun and I do unequivocally say that it is better than Halo 3.

I'm not buying any more games as long as I live in this house.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 14th, 2008 07:41 PM

I got a leaked copy of the Spore Creature Creator demo and have been playing around with that. After succumbing to my inner 8 year old and making a penis monster, I started to make some...interesting things. It's surprisingly easy to make shit without needing to read through a giant manual.

I wasn't going to download it, but after watching that video of Robin Williams making a monster of his own, I had to try it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5TXEUiR1Xk

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 14th, 2008 08:08 PM

I think when I go home I'm going to make a Spore now.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 14th, 2008 10:03 PM

It's kinda difficult to deal with the spine. That's one thing I'm frustrated with. That, and the demo's lack of body parts means there's no wings. I didn't realize until I was nearly done creating Trogdor.

I think I'll make a human next. One thing I love is watching the creatures move around, because they look so convincing, yet so stupid. If they're fat, they'll jiggle when they move. One creature ended up being pretty top heavy, so he would almost fall over when he turned. I can't wait to see how a person would look.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 15th, 2008 09:21 PM

I tried the jetpack brontosaurus game you put up, kind of fun. I tried walking with him and it made me think of the secret garden with the kid with the wheelchair. My bronto forgot how to use his legs for walking after having a jetpack for so long apparently.

ElPila666 Jun 16th, 2008 10:31 PM

Do you guys played Mugen? a was playing a 700 characters version it's named Mega Mugen Ultimate, i had added some hillarious characters, i wonder if you guys knows about a site where i can download more characters, becase i can't affort a nintendo wii yet, so this is the more close that i get to play something like smash brothers brawl :(

ElPila666 Jun 17th, 2008 12:18 AM

Rog have you got the Pickleman character for Mugen? that could be an awesome one for add

EisigerBiskuit Jun 17th, 2008 12:28 AM

Dungeon Keeper 2, Spore, and TF2. Thursday should be hilarious for TF2.

Guitar Woman Jun 17th, 2008 02:27 PM

Silent Hill!

Holy shit, this game is ridiculous. The dialogue is even more badly written and delivered than in Silent Hill 2, and now I know that everyone thinks SH2 is fantastic in the storytelling aspect because they were comparing it to the first one. I can't skip cutscenes, either, and for some reason pressing escape immediately kills the game, no questions asked, so I get to sit through Harry meeting Cybil again, which I am pretty sure is the most horrendous thing I've ever witnessed.

Also, the PC port removes the PSX grainyness from the graphics, but for some reason they didn't do anything with the character models, so everyone looks like they're made out of jell-o.

The atmosphere is really topnotchly brickshitting, though. I'm willing to forgive any game's absolutely tear-inducing cutscenes if it manages to make my heart race like crazy before I've even played it for 5 minutes.

I also still haven't been able to play 3 because my video card isn't hardcore enough, but that's looking better and better every second :<

Emu Jun 17th, 2008 03:10 PM

Have you been to the school yet? :eek

Guitar Woman Jun 17th, 2008 03:27 PM

no, I got to about the DOG HOUSE LEVIN ST. note and now I am calling it quits for a while because fuck this game :<

This is a really lazy port. It's basically the PSX .iso running on an emulator, except you can't assign what keys you want to the buttons on the virtual control pad, and the ones the all-knowing and wise programmer picked out are awful. It's also got a savestate feature, for fuck's sake. Although I forsee that being useful, because running around the town being able to only see 1 foot in front of my face is really tiring. This is one of those games where I just have to go "OK, DONE" every so often and quit on the spot, then pick it back up later when I forget that I hate it.

Most of my time in Silent Hill 2 was spent wishing I was playing Resident Evil instead. In a similar fashion, most of my time in this game is spent wishing I was playing Silent Hill 2.

Pub Lover Jun 17th, 2008 03:28 PM

Get the map in the entrance hall. I didn't and it took me forever.

Girl Drink Drunk Jun 17th, 2008 03:39 PM

Doom. I figured there would be people actually playing Deathmatches :(

Guitar Woman Jun 17th, 2008 03:47 PM

I'm going to be pretty disappointed when the DARE YOU part from the movie isn't in here.

Girl Drink Drunk Jun 17th, 2008 05:09 PM

Yeah, it's an outrage that the programmers didn't retroactively insert that gem into the game.

WhiteRat Jun 17th, 2008 07:30 PM

I've been playing Bust-A-Move 2 for Saturn for the better part of the afternoon now. I never would of thought that aiming bobbles to pop other bubbles would be so fun!

EisigerBiskuit Jun 17th, 2008 07:54 PM

I forgot I had The Incredible Machine 1-3. BRB, making Lenny traps.

Adarg Jun 17th, 2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 561681)
Silent Hill!

Well, I'm glad someone mentioned it.

But yeah, like you said, ridiculously horrible dialouge/cutscenes, but oh-so-creepy overall game. Sadly, I sold it (along with my old PlayStation) a long time ago. Is there any way you could tell me of a good emulator for the PS, along with a good ROM of Silent Hill? It shall be appreciated.

Pub Lover Jun 17th, 2008 09:04 PM

Fuck you! I talked about that for two whole pages of this thread, Dick.

Esuohlim Jun 18th, 2008 01:04 AM

I just beat Dodongo's Cavern, dudes :x

I didn't play OoT nearly as much as I wanted to this week :(