I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Pub Lover Apr 12th, 2008 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asila (Post 548364)
I've NO idea what that means, but okay.

Much like Seth, I expect you to memorise every single post in here.

To restate something that I may have only said in IM:

I only have MSN on my laptop, & I'm not installing the others for only two days a week.

Pub Lover Apr 12th, 2008 12:56 AM

Pub Lover Apr 12th, 2008 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 548368)
That's funny cause pub has been chatting with me on MSN

That's funny because I haven't.

Asila Apr 12th, 2008 12:59 AM

Quote:

Much like Seth, I expect you to memorise every single post in here.

To restate something that I may have only said in IM:

I only have MSN on my laptop, & I'm not installing the others for only two days a week.
Is your MSN in your profile the appropriate one because godDAMNIT ALL I'm just drunk enough to be determined tonight.

Guitar Woman Apr 12th, 2008 12:59 AM

you could get Pidgin.

Pub Lover Apr 12th, 2008 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 548376)
you could get Pidgin.

You could die, you little fag. >:

Tadao Apr 12th, 2008 01:02 AM

I have all 3 of Pub in Pidgin, and I don't even talk to him/

Sethomas Apr 12th, 2008 01:02 AM

Hey girl, open your legs
and I put my deeeck into your tunnel
my beech

(I can't judge the Italian all that well, but I think it passes for orthographic. The French and Spanish, though, are somewhat further from the point of being sensical than the English is, when it comes to the question of how nonsensical the polyglot verses are.)

This guy is somehow connected to an Italian punk band I listen to. They're fantastically good and I'm not afraid to say that, but back in 2004 I only had one mp3 by them and through Googling their band name they came to an offhand reference to that song on my website. The fact that, per what my reading in Italian at that time could infer, "a public university student of Chicago" was listening to their music was a reason for them to link from their webpage to my blog. Let me tell you, it was a fun bit of detective work for a few hours figuring out my web stats for that one random page was getting a freakish amount of traffic from a freakishly small area in northern Italy.

(If I've ever had any connections to the mafia, it was not in Italy but via a company located in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I really, really want to talk about that episode for insight as to WHAT THE FUCK WAS GOING ON, but I have no idea whatsoever how safe it is from a legal standpoint in terms of covenants I signed. If you're wondering how much I'm shitting you when I say that, the level of shitting you is surprisingly low.)

I sent the band an email about it and I was like, "umm, 'sup?" After years of emailing them every once in a while to ask if they had yet figured out a way for me to buy their cds, they'd reply with personal replies and such that answer "no" in broken English. It was pretty cool!

Right now I'm reasonably confident that I'm the only American, and possibly the only person on Earth who isn't fluent in Italian, who owns their entire discography.

Asila Apr 12th, 2008 01:06 AM

In only a slight subject change, Seth--have you ever heard of Le Tango De Qui by Olivia Ruiz? I ask because I'm pretty sure the song's about being insane and I'd love some confirmation on that.

Sethomas Apr 12th, 2008 01:27 AM

No. Since it's in French I'll justify my assumption that she grew up near French culture despite a Spanish name, id est, in Spain. In most parts of Spain, her name would be pronounced "oh-LIB-ee-ah roo-EEETH".

I was trying to come up with a stupid reason why that matters.

I'll consult our friend and ally Google.

Google's best expert on the subject is you. In that post.

Sorry! Do you have the lyrics?

Asila Apr 12th, 2008 01:33 AM

I do, hold on:

Je m'présente je m'appelle Clara
Je suis clown triste à l'opéra
Mon univers cet Hôpital
Je suis désordonnée mentale
J'ai un trapèze et des amis
Et sans filet, sans interdits
Tous ensemble on brûle la piste
Quel beau métier la vie d'artiste

Enchanté moi je suis Lucy
Je collectionne les insomnies
Droit au coeur j'ai des coups de soleil
Que j'attrape pendant mon sommeil
Les yeux fermés je déambule
L'homme en blanc me dit somnambule
Mais lui n'a jamais rien compris
Que les rêves aussi ont un pays

Je suis qui bon me plait
Je vais là où je vais
Devinez donc qui je suis
Qui me précède et où je vis
Je suis qui bon me semble
Et qui se ressemble s'assemble
Plus on est de fous plus on rit
Allez rejoins la compagnie
Viens danser le tango du qui

Mon visage vous dit quelque chose
Non je n'vois pas je m'appelle Rose
J'existe à l'encre sympathique
Heureuse en tout, mais amnésique
On creuse a fond dans ma mémoire
Pour reboucher ces trous bizarres
Moi j'aime assez ces tourbillons
C'et comment déjà votre nom ???

Je suis qui bon me plait
Je vais là où je vais
Devinez donc qui je suis

Entrez, entrez c'est moi Lison
Moitié femme et moitié
Mon siamois ne va pas tarder
Je m'en vais vous l'présenter
Il est presque poisson volant
Ne me ressemble pas vraiment
On nous parle de schizophrénie
Mais a deux c'est tellement mieux la vie

Je suis qui bon me plait
Je vais là où je vais
Devinez donc qui je suis

Je ne m'présente pas, je ne m'appelle plus
Raison de ma raison ils ont eu
Je n'ai plus de nom, plus d'histoire
Mon cabaret ferme ce soir
Abasourdie sous les néons
Les saltimbanques ont mis les bouts
Ils se sont fait une raison
juste avant de devenir fous

They're not perfect but it's best translation I can find without doing it myself

Sethomas Apr 12th, 2008 01:53 AM

Translation?

It wasn't originally in French?

Anyways. I scanned down four sentences and found:
"Je suis désordonnée mentale"

"I'm mentally disordered"

I'd love to spend time with this and give you all my EXPERTISE, but the quest for literary analysis and such in a second language when I've not had much sleep (largely you guys' fault) is kind of hard right now. Yes, I do have a beer in my fridge to solve that, but it's a very good expensive one that I'm saving.

It appears that she's either exploring different manifestations of mental illness, or else she's singing as one person who assumes many different crazy personalities. Recurring pattern of introducing herself with a different name, going through a routine associated with that name, blah blah. The latter idea that all these are the same person seems unlikely right now, though. Maybe it'll seem likelier later.

Asila Apr 12th, 2008 02:00 AM

I appreciate that you looked, at the very least--I had suspected this translation but having it from you makes me feel a little better.
And at some point I might hint around just sending you the MP3 and you may get a better sense of what's being said.

Sethomas Apr 12th, 2008 02:20 AM

having it from you makes me feel a little better

Preserved for posterity. Also, I am approximately eleven years old.

Asila Apr 12th, 2008 02:39 AM

Quote:

having it from you makes me feel a little better

Preserved for posterity. Also, I am approximately eleven years old.
It's okay, apparently I'm 12.

And I highly doubt that.

Chojin Apr 12th, 2008 09:01 AM

WHO'S UP FOR SOME MATH?!

Chojin Apr 12th, 2008 09:02 AM

Oh and ditto for GW, be glad they didn't divorce sooner. Mine did when I was about four.

Drugs and alcohol were involved!

Chojin Apr 12th, 2008 09:03 AM

And now when someone tells you that they did your mom, know that it was the catalyst for her broken marriage.

WhiteRat Apr 12th, 2008 09:16 AM

I'll be spending the weekend in Louisiana attending a huge craw fish boil. I've never had craw fish as i'm from the frigid north so i'm expecting massive rebel flags waving proudly as well as monster trucks roaring in the background as greasy rednecks devour craw fish.

RaNkeri Apr 12th, 2008 09:23 AM

:lol

Tadao Apr 12th, 2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 548429)
And now when someone tells you that they did your mom, know that it was the catalyst for her broken marriage.

I wrecked another home.

Esuohlim Apr 12th, 2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 548264)
You should smile more often in your photos.

:)

Esuohlim Apr 12th, 2008 02:07 PM

But not on message boards :(

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 12th, 2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sethomas (Post 548339)
Goddamn neophytes can't tell an action movie cliché waiting to happen from a Papa Roach lyric that probably already HAS happened.

Kind of Peturbed over that.

GADZOOKS Apr 12th, 2008 08:54 PM

way to kill the chat thread 10,000 dolt ghost

MattJack Apr 12th, 2008 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 548431)
I'll be spending the weekend in Louisiana attending a huge craw fish boil. I've never had craw fish as i'm from the frigid north so i'm expecting massive rebel flags waving proudly as well as monster trucks roaring in the background as greasy rednecks devour craw fish.

You basically summed up the first 18 years of my life.

Just drink some beer and have fun.

Asila Apr 12th, 2008 09:17 PM

I know it was kicking before what the hell

liquidstatik Apr 12th, 2008 09:22 PM

sup guys :D

liquidstatik Apr 12th, 2008 09:23 PM

i ran out of cigarettes so i'm smoking my grandma's winston ultra light 100s, and i think i'm about to barf :x

Tadao Apr 12th, 2008 09:42 PM

Be careful guys, Gadzooks reads the chat thread and doesn't want to be bored. Cause like he matters and stuff.

Asila Apr 12th, 2008 09:49 PM

I smoked my last one last night and forgot to get anymore. I'd rather be about to barf than twitchy.

liquidstatik Apr 12th, 2008 09:54 PM

i know, right ;_;

Sethomas Apr 12th, 2008 09:58 PM

Asila, you should have added in true I-Mockery parenting form: "To be honest, I only started smoking to cope with the weird cravings that come with pregnancy."

GADZOOKS Apr 12th, 2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 548488)
Be careful guys, Gadzooks reads the chat thread and doesn't want to be bored. Cause like he matters and stuff.

"Clever!" I wasn't talking about anymore in here currently. Your insults are incredibly boring, though!

Milhouse, what was the site where you can guess all the countries or states (among other things)? I managed to get most of the continents but when I went to bed I forgot to bookmark it.

Asila Apr 12th, 2008 10:21 PM

Quote:

Asila, you should have added in true I-Mockery parenting form: "To be honest, I only started smoking to cope with the weird cravings that come with pregnancy."
I am now chagrined that I didn't think of this first. In my defense, putting together furniture somehow takes most of my mental energies.

Tadao Apr 12th, 2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GADZOOKS (Post 548494)
"Clever!" I wasn't talking about anymore in here currently. Your insults are incredibly boring, though!

Milhouse, what was the site where you can guess all the countries or states (among other things)? I managed to get most of the continents but when I went to bed I forgot to bookmark it.

Cause you like matter and stuff.

GADZOOKS Apr 12th, 2008 10:49 PM

Okay, dude. See yah later.

Sethomas Apr 12th, 2008 11:19 PM

I also sometimes have conversations online with people from my hometown.

CuteGirl: is it bed time yet?
Seth: NO
Seth: it is time for you to drive to bloomington and make out with me.
CuteGirl: why cant YOU drive to noblesville and make out with me???
Seth: because then i won't be able to impress you with the size of my book collection
CuteGirl: thats not exactly the best reason
Seth: then you obviously haven't seen my bookcase in person

I feel like I'm doing something wrong, but I can't tell what it is.

Dr. Octogonopus Apr 12th, 2008 11:31 PM

Hey Seth, have you tried the Bathroom Reader's books? They're full of some pretty interesting facts. Look it up at your bookstore next time you're there. There are a whole bunch of them.

Asila Apr 12th, 2008 11:35 PM

Quote:

Seth: because then i won't be able to impress you with the size of my book collection
CuteGirl: thats not exactly the best reason
Seth: then you obviously haven't seen my bookcase in person
I've used that pickup line in the past :(

Sethomas Apr 12th, 2008 11:38 PM

Actually, yes. That was largely responsible for Seth's Law of Philology as I mentioned earlier, with the fact that they'll explain the best stories for word origins with a beautiful disregard for accuracy.

Actually, I think one of their books stated that the Hundred Year War was started over someone insulting someone else's beard, which, as the post I'm writing for the Philosophy board should indicate, I find a rather charming synopsis of three centuries of Franco-English tension.

Thank you, Uncle John, for removing any possible requirement for thought in Father's Day giving that even fathers can appreciate.

Sethomas Apr 12th, 2008 11:39 PM

lol @ applying penultimate post to antepenultimate post.

Sethomas Apr 12th, 2008 11:40 PM

lol @ using words that only exist in textbooks for Attic Greek grammar.

Tadao Apr 12th, 2008 11:41 PM

I like my current girlfriend, we only have 1 thing in common, we have the same disease. We don't even talk about it, instead we are both talking to each other about different interesting things in our lives that the other has never experienced, nor do they want to.

Sethomas Apr 12th, 2008 11:43 PM

Would that disease happen to be syphilis?

It hurts me to say the obvious retort, but sometimes the pain helps.

Asila Apr 12th, 2008 11:44 PM

lol@ using dictionary.com every day now.

liquidstatik Apr 12th, 2008 11:49 PM

haha, i'm glad i'm not the only one :(

Esuohlim Apr 13th, 2008 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GADZOOKS (Post 548494)

It was http://www.sporcle.com

I'm mad at myself for only being able to guess like five Kevin Bacon movies but about 10 Julia Roberts movies :x

Tadao Apr 13th, 2008 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sethomas (Post 548519)
Would that disease happen to be syphilis?

It hurts me to say the obvious retort, but sometimes the pain helps.

Psychosis :(

Sethomas Apr 13th, 2008 01:01 AM

Guys, maybe I'll explain the addendum to my signature when I am delusional enough to pretend that you're interested. (Read: <4 days.)

Even though this particular form, namely the specific nature of adding the word "imprimi" for precision, has only one (actually rather controversial, apparently) literary occurrence, I knew I had better google it (minus "Seth") to see how many like-minded message board geeks thought it would be funny to add it to their signatures. Apparently, none!

There was, however, one search result that seemed to be sufficiently facetious in its random incorporation of the exact phrase, that I clicked it to make sure it wasn't a message board signature.

Well, let me just tell you, I now have a new favorite website when it comes to finding images that will astonish me by their elegy to the human vagina's capacity for dilation.

Asila Apr 13th, 2008 01:09 AM

It saddens me a little when I realize that there's enough emotion involved on my part for me to miss someone. So :(

Quote:

Guys, maybe I'll explain the addendum to my signature when I am delusional enough to pretend that you're interested. (Read: <4 days.)
It also saddens me a little that there's a time-span involved because I'm frightfully curious.

I'm 0 for 2 guys, just a normal saturday night.

Sethomas Apr 13th, 2008 01:50 AM

It's been mentioned that I come from a largely medical family, setting up an even more ironic backdrop for posting a youtube video of me removing my own sutures. It's interesting because my mother provides perspective as a dunce nurse who deals with pompous doctors, my father is a radiological technician who's been apportioned all kinds of random managerial tasks to give him insight into the bizarre and often infuriating workings of the American medical industry, and my sister is an actual doctor who has had training and practice in places as varied as Guyana, England, and Manhattan.

When my sister's graduation from medical school was approaching, my family sat in one of those moments that come rarely each year when we're all together. Speaking of medical ethics, my father summarized the spirit of Hippocrates by saying "in any instance, the worst thing you can do is nothing." Sometimes this means that you have to pretend to look like you're doing tests to ease the patient's mind when there's a period of time when awaiting actual relevant results. Sometimes this means you have to tell the patient that they'll die in half an hour, and so you pull out a book and read to them.

My flatmates noticed that it was cold in the condo today, so one of them changed the thermostat to the "heat" function. They forgot, however, to adjust the temperature setting to something above what would require the separate air conditioning function.

Quite admirably by the standards of my father's advice, and perhaps heroically, my furnace has been fanning air at the cold room temperature for the past several hours.

Sethomas Apr 13th, 2008 02:03 AM

While the whole ritual of pranking tobacconists with a question of their product availability is a cultural treasure, it was revealed today at work that its effect is lost on those of the younger generation. As I am a member of this generation, yet seem to have the imbued notion that I am a member of the Victorian aristocracy, I am qualified to translate it into something more contemporary.

Girl at bar: Do you have a prince albert on your dick?
Guy at bar: Actually, yes.
Girl at bar: Awesome, you must be totally hung for him to be able to live there. Let's go back to my place and bring your friend Al.

Sethomas Apr 13th, 2008 02:35 AM

I just came up with a great pithy statement on American politics that I can't bring myself to say in the appropriate forum.

America has brought itself to the point where we have run out of plowshares so we must find other things to beat into swords. Only when we try to beat our dicks into swords will the act's familiarity remind us what got us into this war.

I DON'T CARE IF IT DOESN'T MAKE ALL THAT MUCH SENSE, I LIKE IT.

bigtimecow Apr 13th, 2008 03:54 AM

now my dick hurts

Fathom Zero Apr 13th, 2008 01:11 PM

I want to make violent love
to you by the moon above

Sethomas Apr 13th, 2008 01:17 PM

IN A LAND CALLED AMERICA.
TEN YEARS AGO:

Imagine telling people who were just now getting used to the whole internet thing about this: as has probably happened throughout history, people in THE FUTURE are thinking about images during sex that they have in their head to motivate them into the act, perhaps in a dire statement of their opinion on their partner. As most people realized by 1998, many of these pictures would come from ONLINE.

Now, just try to explain that these pictures are actually of the person that the the CITIZEN OF THE FUTURE is having sex with, by which the incurred deception of attractiveness was responsible for the events leading up to the coital tryst.

Tell me, mind, what further evidence need I show you that you should boggle?

Sethomas Apr 13th, 2008 03:13 PM

Last edited by Big Papa Goat : Apr 11th, 2008 at 05:35 AM. Reason: ******s

It's been hard to laugh that much in the philosophy board, at least since we've lost our dear submarine captain and gracefully enormous thigh muscles.

Tadao Apr 13th, 2008 05:38 PM

MetalMilitia Apr 13th, 2008 05:56 PM

Sethomas Apr 13th, 2008 07:04 PM

Seth removes his stitches.

Related Videos
When your friends find out you Self Injure...
Emo Blobs- Untitled
5 Questions for an EMO
demi lovato and selena gomez UPDATE!!!
Demi Lovato and Selenda Gomez on Barney
---

YouTube, we need to talk.

Tadao Apr 13th, 2008 08:52 PM

Asila Apr 13th, 2008 08:56 PM

YouTube is just worried about you, Seth

Pub Lover Apr 13th, 2008 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sethomas (Post 548680)
Seth removes his stitches.

Related Videos
When your friends find out you Self Injure...
Emo Blobs- Untitled
5 Questions for an EMO
demi lovato and selena gomez UPDATE!!!
Demi Lovato and Selenda Gomez on Barney
---

YouTube, we need to talk.

Are those keyword matches or 'people that viewed your video also viewed these:'?

Sethomas Apr 13th, 2008 09:03 PM

I wish I knew, lord how I wish I knew.

executioneer Apr 13th, 2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 548711)
Are those keyword matches or 'people that viewed your video also viewed these:'?

pretty sure it's the second :( that "principaldoogan" video that got posted on april fools only had the keywords "JIXBY DOOGAN PHILLIPS" and it still had only other april fools day related stuff as related matches for the longest time

Dr. Octogonopus Apr 13th, 2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 548709)

Arrrrgh I wanna armadillo. All the 'dillos in my neck of the woods are either infested with leprosy or busses.

HickMan Apr 13th, 2008 11:46 PM

RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP

RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP

Esuohlim Apr 13th, 2008 11:50 PM

RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP

Seven Force Apr 14th, 2008 01:20 AM

post your dead jew thread

Tadao Apr 14th, 2008 01:22 AM

Ban him

Seven Force Apr 14th, 2008 01:25 AM

lmao

Seven Force Apr 14th, 2008 01:43 AM

what the fuck does everyone think im banned for? :lol

liquidstatik Apr 14th, 2008 01:55 AM

asila idk if you know this or not but here at imockery we have a no fat chicks policy :x

Esuohlim Apr 14th, 2008 01:58 AM

I would have totally banged Anne Frank if I was stuck in the attic with her :x

Whether she liked it or not >:

Seven Force Apr 14th, 2008 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidstatik (Post 548777)
asila idk if you know this or not but here at imockery we have a no fat chicks policy :x

hahahaha pic plz

liquidstatik Apr 14th, 2008 02:00 AM

Pub Lover Apr 14th, 2008 02:01 AM

Asila Apr 14th, 2008 02:03 AM

thanks liquid I'll keep that in mind

liquidstatik Apr 14th, 2008 02:03 AM

ASILA I'M SORRY IW AS JK

Seven Force Apr 14th, 2008 02:03 AM

who put my marshmallow peep in the microwave and put horse hair on it

Seven Force Apr 14th, 2008 02:04 AM

nice going assholes

liquidstatik Apr 14th, 2008 02:04 AM

:lol

RaNkeri Apr 14th, 2008 02:07 AM

Tre Kronor, what the fuck?

Esuohlim Apr 14th, 2008 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 548782)

MY FAVORITE JEW :eek

Sethomas Apr 14th, 2008 02:23 AM

If you don't want to go to hell, then there's only one FAVORITE Jew for anyone.

liquidstatik Apr 14th, 2008 02:26 AM

sorry seth but jesus was black :rolleyes

Seven Force Apr 14th, 2008 02:29 AM

he was jewish? i thought the jews killed him? (didnt read the bible much so correct me if im wrong)

Esuohlim Apr 14th, 2008 02:30 AM

I'm going to hell anyway :x

Pub Lover Apr 14th, 2008 02:32 AM

Dude, there is gonna be a whole room for us. :(

liquidstatik Apr 14th, 2008 02:34 AM

yeah, i know i'll be there :'(

Asila Apr 14th, 2008 02:36 AM

A hell room, because I'll believe in hell again long enough to join that

liquidstatik Apr 14th, 2008 02:38 AM

god :rolleyes

Esuohlim Apr 14th, 2008 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 548798)
Dude, there is gonna be a whole room for us. :(

You mean I-Mockery members?

Shit I hope not :(

liquidstatik Apr 14th, 2008 02:41 AM

i'd hate to be stuck in a room with you guys >:

Tadao Apr 14th, 2008 02:43 AM

Hell is for children.

Pub Lover Apr 14th, 2008 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 548803)
You mean I-Mockery members?

Shit I hope not :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidstatik (Post 548804)
i'd hate to be stuck in a room with you guys >:

It's hell for a reason. :x

Esuohlim Apr 14th, 2008 02:43 AM

If I-Mock was a room then the chatroom would be the closet :lol

AND SOME OF US AREN'T TOO KEEN ON STRAYING FROM THE CHATROOM IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN >:

Sethomas Apr 14th, 2008 02:44 AM

Yes, Jesus was Jewish. He was, in fact, so good at being Jewish that all the other Jews had to kill him to keep them from looking bad.

The understanding that he was killed by a select group of politically-motivated Jewish élite under the auspices of Imperial Rome, and NOT by an elective motion of the entire religion/culture is not easily explained to those with short attention spans. If you want a sociological primer for millions of deaths stemming from Anti-Semitic prejudice from roughly the 4th Century to the present, that's about it.

Oh, and Mel Brooks' whole "Gentiles can laugh at self-deprecating Jewish humor because we file their taxes for them anyways" shtick doesn't really help, either.

Esuohlim Apr 14th, 2008 02:44 AM

Myself included :(