I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Kitsa Jan 1st, 2014 07:41 PM

I acknowledge your creepiness, babs.

Aaarg Jan 3rd, 2014 08:26 PM

to all the people who have laughed at me over the years, saying "what are you afraid of? you have 4 wheel drive!" ... go fuck yourself.

Tadao Jan 8th, 2014 03:45 PM

are you dead?

Aaarg Jan 8th, 2014 04:13 PM

reincarnated as two dogs

i mean

bark

Tadao Jan 8th, 2014 05:09 PM

or do you mean

Bark

Bark

?

Tadao Jan 8th, 2014 05:11 PM

Are there even any treads on those tires? Also wrong tires for snow 4X4 turns and friends never give good advice.

Aaarg Jan 8th, 2014 06:27 PM

nah they were in dire need of replacing. just got the $$$ to do it, too!

Aaarg Jan 8th, 2014 06:28 PM

also lolfriends. not me!

Tadao Jan 8th, 2014 09:27 PM

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 10th, 2014 10:33 PM

what cod is that? Black ops 2? I was to fucking play capture the points in a skate park.

bigtimecow Jan 20th, 2014 07:44 AM

this sucks

Zomboid Jan 21st, 2014 02:54 AM

Yes.

MarioRPG Jan 21st, 2014 12:18 PM

The problem is we've been coming here too long and run out of things to say and stories to tell.

Tadao Jan 22nd, 2014 11:41 AM

Aaarg Jan 23rd, 2014 12:01 AM

OLD

Tadao Jan 23rd, 2014 12:08 AM

Oh man, you mean we have to hold up to a higher standard here?

bigtimecow Jan 23rd, 2014 08:00 AM

I really miss this place though. Like when I'm telling stories to my other nerdy friends about high school or college I talk about amazing threads from this forum. And then for the last 2 years all I do is pop back in, say how lame everything is, don't contribute, and then leave

I guess my question is: is it my/our fault?

LordSappington Jan 23rd, 2014 04:56 PM

Everything is our fault. We are all deficient human beings.

Also, I'm in the middle of helping open up a new hookah lounge. Right now I'm working on licenses and finding a location. It's gonna be really cool!

bigtimecow Jan 23rd, 2014 08:01 PM

i'm listening to this awesome two-man doom band called Bell Witch and getting sad because i'm tired and sad :(

liquidstatik Jan 23rd, 2014 08:03 PM

bigtimecow Jan 23rd, 2014 08:03 PM

hey i bet liquidstatik is going to show up like now

bigtimecow Jan 23rd, 2014 08:04 PM

woops i posted after danny sorry

you haven't smoked pot in 4 years?

liquidstatik Jan 23rd, 2014 08:04 PM

liquidstatik Jan 23rd, 2014 08:05 PM

bigtimecow Jan 23rd, 2014 08:06 PM

that is true; i think the last time i truly liked the articles on the site i was in high school and RoG taught me how to steal candy bars in a slurpee :x

bigtimecow Jan 23rd, 2014 08:07 PM

and that's not even to say the site sucks or something i just don't read it

i have some pot sitting in a bowl ready to be smoked, but i have to be at work by 7am tomorrow to help run a workshop uggggh

bigtimecow Jan 23rd, 2014 08:07 PM

GUESS I'LL JUST LISTEN TO DOOM METAL AND BE DEPRESSED

liquidstatik Jan 23rd, 2014 08:08 PM

bigtimecow Jan 23rd, 2014 08:09 PM

it really makes me upset to go to the main forum page and see that music hasn't been updated since december and loveline since NOVEMBER and the last post in there was by MLE of all people someone i used to know -gotye

liquidstatik Jan 23rd, 2014 08:10 PM

bigtimecow Jan 23rd, 2014 08:11 PM

RoG, if you can hear me, DO SOMETHING

is it still going to come out on vinyl because i will buy that ish immediately

Tadao Jan 23rd, 2014 08:11 PM

There were a ton of funny things here. Catching pervs on the internet, pissing off straight edge fags, stealing candy. It all changed one day because someone is trying to be serious and it could effect his career. This is a guys life and if it came between him getting a life changing job or me laughing at penises, well he made the wrong choice.

liquidstatik Jan 23rd, 2014 08:13 PM

bigtimecow Jan 23rd, 2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 769267)
There were a ton of funny things here. Catching pervs on the internet, pissing off straight edge fags, stealing candy. It all changed one day because someone is trying to be serious and it could effect his career. This is a guys life and if it came between him getting a life changing job or me laughing at penises, well he made the wrong choice.

what is this "life changing job"? i think i remember RoG hanging out with the behemoth dudes

bigtimecow Jan 23rd, 2014 08:34 PM

OKAY CONVERSATION OVER FUCK OFF EVERYBODY

Tadao Jan 23rd, 2014 08:49 PM

he never got that life changing job :lol

MarioRPG Jan 24th, 2014 08:54 PM

Well, thanks the for the revival that totally wasn't a downer to read.

Motion to (re)start an embarrassing/dumb/funny sexual memory thread in loveline.

Tadao Jan 24th, 2014 09:49 PM

I 2nd it

Mockery Jan 25th, 2014 01:23 AM

Yeah I gotta stop being so serious all the time.

:lol2

Also, what job is it you're talking about? I'd like to know so I know what dream job I'm supposed to try to get. I released the game of my dreams and now I'm almost done making a game with my pals that I was hired to create for Adult Swim. It's a lot of fun, but it's also a LOT of work that takes up most of my time cuz I want these things to be awesome. When I have free time, I always try to create some fun new content for the site.

As for these forums being so quiet, to put it simply - a lot of forums died off when social media sites became all the rage. That's where people mostly talk now. Some sites still have forums that are active, most don't. There's no magic button I can push to suddenly breathe new life into these forums. And for those of you who only came here for the forums, I honestly think you've missed out on a lot, but hey... I realize I-Mockery's articles, games, videos & more aren't for everyone, so no hard feelings.

I love I-Mockery and I'm super thankful for all the fans it has made over the years and how long it's managed to hang around. If you liked how something used to be on here, that's awesome. If prefer the newer content on here more, awesome. Whatever the case may be, I don't believe in constantly doing the same thing forever. I think you should always try new things.

I got bored doing the old mockery sites and rants back in the day, so I started doing other stuff. When I got tired of that, I started working on comics. After that, I moved onto simple web games. From there, I started working on much bigger games. Next, I started up a web show. Now I'm working on videos, performing in live shows when I can, and making more games. When time permits, I put up new articles about the things I love... toys, games, Halloween, whatever happens to be inspiring me at the moment. I-Mockery will always be a wonderful home where I can spill out my brain.

It's always nice when people follow whatever new projects I work on, but I certainly don't expect everybody to like everything I do. All I can tell ya is that I'm always going to keep working, because I can't stand doing nothing. Thanks again to all of you who've stuck around for ages and continue to do so.

:picklehat

Tadao Jan 25th, 2014 03:30 AM

Hey, don't call me on my bullshit. That's not cool bro.

Esuohlim Jan 25th, 2014 10:11 AM

THIS IS A VERY POIGNANT CONVERSATION, AND QUITE APT SINCE THIS THREAD WAS OFFICIALLY TEN YEARS OLD LAST WEEK. :eek

Esuohlim Jan 25th, 2014 10:16 AM

Speaking of last week, I got this PM:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisIsWitty
So I doubt you still check this website, but if you do I want to tell you that you were an early influence on my internet career. Milhouse backwards was an institution in my chatroom personalities and Chojin was a big fat bitch. Morrowind had been the rage and I was enthralled by the exclusive, bullshit society that formed under the rock of I-Mockery.

You were funny as shit and I wish I could find your blog and your posted conversations with smaterchild or whatever the fuck was so funny about you. I remember thinking you and whats-his-name who made the damn site were on par but you were funnier. haha -Rog- or whatever.

Anyway I'm surprised I remembered about this website and congratulations on essentially being a brain fart I had ten years ago and then also tonight.

I get messages like this a lot from random forum people I don't remember anymore, which is weird because MY biggest influence was Jixby and I was essentially a big Jixby rip-off for a very long time. Hell, my first website was basically a carbon copy of the Jixby Phillips Page-O-Fun.

bigtimecow Jan 25th, 2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioRPG (Post 769285)

Motion to (re)start an embarrassing/dumb/funny sexual memory thread in loveline.

for real, let's do that. loveline was my only savior in life before i got married

i.e. i got married last year guys woot woot

bigtimecow Jan 25th, 2014 11:27 AM

my biggest influences were bape and bubsyyyyyyyyyy. the bape takeover of this forum was a landmark in my internet life

i agree with RoG that social media has killed forums, and really this was the only forum i ever posted on (aside from smogon when i was super obsessed with pokemon... anyway). social media is terrible though; i still interact with danny tatom (bros4lyfe) on there a lot, and i see willie cry about losing jobs and singing karaoke which is great

not sure the point of this post. i'm at work on a saturday and hate everything

anyone here located in houston, texas? i'll be there for work Monday - Wednesday, let's get drunk

Tadao Jan 25th, 2014 03:27 PM

I think forums can make a come back. It's way easier to navigate and hold conversations than facebook. Facebook and their kind are way to ADD for me. I like novels, not short stories.

liquidstatik Jan 25th, 2014 06:11 PM

MarioRPG Jan 25th, 2014 09:04 PM

The social media thing is definitely accurate. People seem to think they'd rather talk to their friends instead of strangers on the internet about things they find funny. Who knows, I mean, btc keeps checking back every now and again so maybe there is still hope.

Also I guess Esuohlim is a big shot or something :rolleyes:

Esuohlim Jan 25th, 2014 10:49 PM

2014 I'VE STILL GOT THE CLOUT

I agree that social media is rendering message boards sort of obsolete. In this day and age where people are scrolling through their phones for two minutes at a time throughout the day, stuff like Twitter and Facebook is easily and quickly digestible. You see it, like it, share it, whatever, and move on.

What I miss the most is the amount of effort making internet content used to take. You don't really see that effort anymore. Everything's become disposable.

liquidstatik Jan 25th, 2014 11:41 PM

liquidstatik Jan 25th, 2014 11:42 PM

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 26th, 2014 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioRPG (Post 769285)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 769288)
I 2nd it

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 769293)
for real, let's do that. loveline was my only savior in life before i got married

i.e. i got married last year guys woot woot

MOTION GRANTED.

MOTION IN THE OCEAN

bigtimecow Jan 26th, 2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 769315)
MOTION GRANTED.

MOTION IN THE OCEAN

i think i'm most happy that it is not a new thread, just rekindling the old one :love

Mockery Jan 27th, 2014 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 769311)
What I miss the most is the amount of effort making internet content used to take. You don't really see that effort anymore. Everything's become disposable.

I'm not a fan of that either. I don't update my site every day because I'm much busier than I used to be, but more importantly, I've always been a quality over quantity kind of person when it comes to content. Just as social media has practically killed message forums, bullshit sites like BuzzFeed have killed off quality content.

I could easily churn out the kind of useless drivel BuzzFeed does, but I'd rather not steal 10 animated gifs from around the web, not credit the sources, and then spend maybe five minutes surrounding them with words that no self-respecting writer would describe as an article. I prefer to take my time, snap my own photographs, and put some actual time, effort, and love into the work. Unfortunately, that means less frequent updates, and the web has sadly become all about who can update the most frequently and get the most followers and blahblahblah.

It's the same reason why you see YouTubers shooting so many quick "vlog" videos about absolutely nothing. It's filler. It's an update for the sake of updating. I guess I just don't believe in putting up content like that... I'd rather take a little more time and make something that a person might still remember later on down the road.

Don't get me wrong though; there's still a lot of great stuff on the web these days, but there's so much b.s. you have to wade through to get to it, I can see how a lot of people don't care enough to seek it out. It's a lot easier to just hang out on Facebook all day and share the latest LOL-inducing image with your friends. There's no time commitment to it. Quick laugh and then get on with your day. It's just not what I'm into. I like reading lengthy pieces in my down-time, so I guess that's why I tend to enjoy writing them too.

Babs Jan 28th, 2014 12:35 AM

This is the generation of me first and I want it now. It's all about pointless viral shit that has the appeal for 1 day at best, everything is monotonous and lacks value. "Music" like Skrillex and Jay Z is what's hot and trending. It's a fucking disaster. Cinema is dead and practically replaced by youtube. When movies like Pacific Rim and Magic Mike exist, you no shit as hit the bottom. It's all about money and appealing to the masses, and masses have spoken, they like being force fed shit.

captain516 Jan 28th, 2014 02:28 AM

Like this post if you're a true 80s 90s kid!

Mockery Jan 28th, 2014 05:30 AM

Babs - While I know it's easy to be jaded about it all, there's lots of awesome stuff to be found out there these days... sometimes you just gotta dig around. Independent creators have far better means of getting their work out to the masses than they ever did in the past - but with that, there's obviously gonna be a lot more lackluster material to dig through to get to the good stuff. And while I'll always be a huge fan of the creations I grew up on in my childhood years, I'm constantly finding great shows, movies, music, toys, art, web sites, and more. I'm just not into the work that people clearly put no love into and are just doing it in the hopes of making a quick buck. Keep looking around though, you'll find things you like, I promise.

bigtimecow Jan 28th, 2014 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babs (Post 769340)
This is the generation of me first and I want it now. It's all about pointless viral shit that has the appeal for 1 day at best, everything is monotonous and lacks value. "Music" like Skrillex and Jay Z is what's hot and trending. It's a fucking disaster. Cinema is dead and practically replaced by youtube. When movies like Pacific Rim and Magic Mike exist, you no shit as hit the bottom. It's all about money and appealing to the masses, and masses have spoken, they like being force fed shit.

umm watch yourself. magic mike is an amazing movie, and all the beefcake is just filler. MAYBE YOU SHOULD WATCH IT

liquidstatik Jan 28th, 2014 02:48 PM

liquidstatik Jan 28th, 2014 02:49 PM

bigtimecow Jan 28th, 2014 03:17 PM

you're like a typewriter

your head is underwood

:lol

Zomboid Jan 29th, 2014 12:39 AM

Don't forget Reddit! That probably has a lot to do with other forums being obsolete.

Tadao Jan 29th, 2014 02:46 PM

I think I've only clicked on links that lead to reddit. Never actually went there on my own. I used to be on fark all the fucking time until 9/11 happened and then I just kind of lost interest there. 9/11 ruined a shit ton of media for me.

Tadao Jan 29th, 2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 567265)

:rock

All Hail Duke Jan 29th, 2014 04:36 PM

:lol

bigtimecow Jan 29th, 2014 06:42 PM

i like the AMAs on reddit. never participated but reading through the archives is great. especially for stuff like when someone corrected the obama's grammar :x

LordSappington Jan 31st, 2014 04:46 AM

I don't know why the fuck people think it's okay to move a lamp away to a different table, and expect not to pay for it when they knock it over.

ThrashO Jan 31st, 2014 12:02 PM

oh what up playboy

Babs Jan 31st, 2014 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 769344)
Babs - While I know it's easy to be jaded about it all, there's lots of awesome stuff to be found out there these days... sometimes you just gotta dig around. Independent creators have far better means of getting their work out to the masses than they ever did in the past - but with that, there's obviously gonna be a lot more lackluster material to dig through to get to the good stuff. And while I'll always be a huge fan of the creations I grew up on in my childhood years, I'm constantly finding great shows, movies, music, toys, art, web sites, and more. I'm just not into the work that people clearly put no love into and are just doing it in the hopes of making a quick buck. Keep looking around though, you'll find things you like, I promise.

I agree, there's a lot of talent out there just not out in the view for the public. I don't mind digging for something, it's practically what I do with most of my free time. I just get discouraged that when I go out to go see a movie, that what is out in main movie theaters is just the same boring and godawful shit that is dished out non stop, it's just ate up by the masses. Not only that but any good movie that is showing is in select theaters that I have to drive out of my way to go see (Then again I do live in shitty Columbus, Ohio). Just thoughts like that shitty Jennifer Lawrence movie, "the house at the end of the street" is practically every cliche convention that any cheesy slasher has used, went on to gross 43 million dollars where as a great movie such as The Master only grossed 16 million (one of the films the was only being shot at select theaters where I live). I'm probably more or less just caught of in caring about what others like and take it personally, but I just find it disheartening to see how most of the good quality stuff out there doesn't get to reap the rewards like all that other trite stuff out there does.

Tadao Feb 1st, 2014 01:02 AM

It's been this way forever.

Zomboid Feb 1st, 2014 02:04 AM

Babs, you're a pretentious little baby. The Master didn't do well in cinemas. :(

I hope that someday you'll realize how repugnant that statement is.

Babs Feb 1st, 2014 05:56 PM

Not my intentions what so ever.

LordSappington Feb 4th, 2014 04:00 AM

One of my rats may have sprained her back paw. She's eating and drinking fine, but she's not putting much weight on it. Little shit has me worried to death

Otto Feb 4th, 2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 769407)
It's been this way forever.

life is cyclical suck

also I might be moving. I figure either Washington or Tangier, I'm edging toward Tangier because I want to lose myself in a hash fueled orgy.

Tadao Feb 4th, 2014 12:33 PM

Africa? You would have to be high to move there.

Babs Feb 4th, 2014 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 769436)
One of my rats may have sprained her back paw. She's eating and drinking fine, but she's not putting much weight on it. Little shit has me worried to death

My friends rat just died the other day, the most social one too. The other 2 have been rather odd and seem to be depressed if that's even possible. Rest in peace Mr. Hendrith.

Otto Feb 4th, 2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 769440)
Africa? You would have to be high to move there.

I was joking, plus I'm pretty sure the gay scene dried up a while ago.

Tadao Feb 4th, 2014 10:13 PM

Errr, I think they kill gays now over there so yeah, pretty dried up. :eek

Tadao Feb 5th, 2014 05:04 PM

Almost done with the movie The Master and it's seems to be Scientology with good acting.

LordSappington Feb 6th, 2014 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babs (Post 769441)
My friends rat just died the other day, the most social one too. The other 2 have been rather odd and seem to be depressed if that's even possible. Rest in peace Mr. Hendrith.

Poor ratty. The other rats most definitely get depressed when that happens; they're very social and affectionate creatures.

The other rat, Navi, is the social one. But Dima's starting to look a little better. I saw her standing a little bit, so that's good.

Babs Feb 8th, 2014 05:48 PM

Hah I love the name choice of navi. I'm thinking of getting some of those dudes myself. I want a rather big enclosure for them first so I don't just have them boxed in a tiny space.

Babs Feb 8th, 2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 769454)
Almost done with the movie The Master and it's seems to be Scientology with good acting.

Those were my first expectations when I first went to go see it. Definitely has that approach as far as it goes with the whole psyche of an L Ron Hubbard. The shots in that film reminds a lot of Terrence Malik's style i.e. days of heaven.

Tadao Feb 8th, 2014 06:44 PM

Yeah I watched it all the way through and I accidentally have a huge knowledge of how Scientology works. When you live so close to Hollywood you know people, date people, hate people, all that stuff, who have been or are still active with that stuff and that movie is 100 percent a Scientology rip off. If they just left it with past lives and talking them out and shit, fine, but they threw in the whole auditing crap and now it's a rip off.

I'm sure Scientology would love to sue them, but it might not be in their best interest to draw attention to the movie or themselves.

Babs Feb 8th, 2014 07:28 PM

What's interesting to add is that Tom Cruise and PT Anderson are friends and I recalled hearing that Thomas showed the film to Cruise and I believe his final verdict was that he "had issues with it". Man doesn't like his beliefs being portrayed as cult-like.

Tadao Feb 8th, 2014 07:44 PM

Well anything Scientology based that goes out to the public is created by and controlled by their church or it's big trouble for the person. I don't think PT is a member, therefore he hasn't paid his 500 thousand in courses so all the money from the movie doesn't go to the church.

Crap like that. Also the church would never put out free information, they charge you for everything. I really don't understand how people do not see Scientology as a money cult. Any religion that believes people are being abused and should be set free from oppression and know the answer should be freeing people for fucking free. It's fucking insane. All religion is though.

Babs Feb 8th, 2014 08:20 PM

It's a blatant tax dodge as well. Wasn't Hubbard quoted as saying that the best way to make money is to invent a religion or something around those lines? Like Marx said, "religion is the opium of the masses".

Tadao Feb 8th, 2014 08:48 PM

Probably, he bought a huge ship to keep out in International waters to avoid taxes. Scientology is open about it's hatred of taxes. They are kinda like Hells Angels in that you would think they would all be in jail, but they have great connections and very good lawyers.

Babs Feb 9th, 2014 07:18 PM

:lol haha nicely put. My buddy and I sometimes delve into this same topic and I've heard that once you're in the "church" you virtually can't leave because if you attempt to do so, you pretty much ruin your life (career, social life, etc).

LordSappington Feb 11th, 2014 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babs (Post 769487)
Hah I love the name choice of navi. I'm thinking of getting some of those dudes myself. I want a rather big enclosure for them first so I don't just have them boxed in a tiny space.

Make sure you get two; they're social, and need pals. But they're pretty low-maintenance pets; as long as you keep their cage clean, make sure they have good toys and food, and play with them, they're content with just being adorable little assholes.

Also, Dima's paw is better. Overnight. Bloody rats.

liquidstatik Feb 12th, 2014 03:34 AM

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 16th, 2014 08:26 PM

My three year old told me today " daddy don't turn off my show. I'll punch you right in the asshole. Sorry, you're bum. "

Seven Force Feb 18th, 2014 04:09 PM

Your son is fuckin smart

Seven Force Feb 18th, 2014 04:30 PM

Wow, ten years since I've started postin. Still love this forum.

Seven Force Feb 18th, 2014 04:31 PM

Does Pub Lover still post here?

liquidstatik Feb 19th, 2014 02:25 PM

Aaarg Feb 20th, 2014 07:01 PM

arachama sutra

Seven Force Feb 20th, 2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidstatik (Post 769547)
do you still have a broken eye, 7force?

It's my black eye

Aaarg Feb 20th, 2014 09:05 PM

i spy with my broken eye

Babs Feb 22nd, 2014 08:04 PM

Well... my cat just passed away from kidney failure. I loved my cat more than anything. Shit month.

liquidstatik Feb 22nd, 2014 10:43 PM

bigtimecow Feb 28th, 2014 11:41 AM

I MISSED THIS THANKS DANNY

going out tonight to drink with some buddies. maybe come back here and post drunkenly, as i have in the past?