I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Mad Melvin Apr 27th, 2012 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 758237)
Just finished SH2, then did sort of a speed run on it and beat it in around 2 hours and 45 minutes. I like that it also included the sub-scenario from the Xbox version, though I can see people losing their shit if it didn't, and there's apparently been a lot of backlash anyway.

Onto SH3.

I feel bad for people who decided to not get the HD collection, because of the bad reviews. The only really noticeable problem with SH2 was the boat part where you row towards the hotel. The water looked awful. Then there were a couple of cutscenes where the fog/fire effects were reduced compared to the original games. Looked kinda dumb. Other than that, I really had no problems with it. I keep hearing that the PS3 version has some framerate and sound issues, so maybe some of the criticism is justified, I dunno.

My point is, if you are a fan of SH and want 2 & 3 on a current generation console, this is pretty much a must have. Sure, it could've been made a little better, but it's not like there is going to be a collection like this again.

Guitar Woman Apr 27th, 2012 10:30 AM

I prefer having the PS2 versions where they actually remembered to include fog and darkness. I saw a video of 3 being played and the inside of the hospital looks like the sun's fucking lodged in the ceiling. The hell's up with that?

Also do they really not give you the option of having the original voice acting in SH3?

Mad Melvin Apr 27th, 2012 11:34 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4ouN...feature=relmfu

Looks dark to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVgUJ...feature=relmfu

Looks foggy to me.


And those videos from the inferior PS3 version, or at least I think so.

Guitar Woman Apr 27th, 2012 12:20 PM

Well, doesn't matter so much to me, since MY PS3 still has backwards compatibility :o

I don't know why the fuck Sony thought it'd be a good idea to remove that; the PS2 has one of the best game libraries of any system, up there with the SNES. The PS3 does not, and making it stand on its own like that was not very bright. I guess they did it so this HD re-release crap would be justified, but 60 GB PS3s aren't even expensive anymore so everyone should get one.

Zomboid Apr 27th, 2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Melvin (Post 758335)
I feel bad for people who decided to not get the HD collection, because of the bad reviews. The only really noticeable problem with SH2 was the boat part where you row towards the hotel. The water looked awful. Then there were a couple of cutscenes where the fog/fire effects were reduced compared to the original games. Looked kinda dumb. Other than that, I really had no problems with it. I keep hearing that the PS3 version has some framerate and sound issues, so maybe some of the criticism is justified, I dunno.

My point is, if you are a fan of SH and want 2 & 3 on a current generation console, this is pretty much a must have. Sure, it could've been made a little better, but it's not like there is going to be a collection like this again.

Yeah, I was amazed at how strongly people reacted to it. I had no problems whatsoever going through SH2, and from little I've played of SH3 in this so far, it's been the same thing. But then, people on the internet seem to need to bitch to survive, so whatever.

darkvare Apr 27th, 2012 02:22 PM

konami already promised patches but i think they will mostly fix framerate issues

Gix Apr 28th, 2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 758348)
Well, doesn't matter so much to me, since MY PS3 still has backwards compatibility :o

I don't know why the fuck Sony thought it'd be a good idea to remove that; the PS2 has one of the best game libraries of any system, up there with the SNES. The PS3 does not, and making it stand on its own like that was not very bright. I guess they did it so this HD re-release crap would be justified, but 60 GB PS3s aren't even expensive anymore so everyone should get one.

SCEA’s director of marketing John Koller pretty much said the reason for this is becouse 80% of the people buying ps3 don't play ps2 anymore..
i think it was just to boost sell's for ps3 and to kill the ps2

darkvare Apr 29th, 2012 01:43 PM

i got warhammer 40k space marine on ps3 anyone wanna play with me?

Guitar Woman Apr 30th, 2012 01:36 PM

Skullgirls. It's a 2D fighting game built around combos, which is a polite way of saying "it's shit."

Also, you might think that an indie Guilty Gear ripoff would at least not have the same HDTV-or-fuck-you problem that triple-A mainstream games do, but you'd be wrong.

I usually don't even touch fighting games since the last one that wasn't shit was Bushido Blade, but it was recommended to me by a friend who never plays them either, and I'm in the market for a console-exclusive game with really good online multiplayer. So far the only one I've found is Mario Strikers Charged, a game that is nearly five years old.

I broke down and bought MGS4 for this reason, but apparently Konami's gonna shut Metal Gear Online down in June, and have already made it impossible for new players to get in. What the fucking hell? If any company pulled this with a similarly-popular PC game they'd the feet of a million angry fans shoved up their ass. Is that just how games work now? They're not allowed to be played for longer than the average lifespan of a fucking gerbil?

That Massive Action Game thing looks sort of interesting, but it's rather old and I'm afraid that as soon as I buy it they're gonna kill it too. Same with Fat Princess, although that looks a lot more appealing than some brown military shooter.

darkvare Apr 30th, 2012 04:35 PM

damn this space marine multiplayer is pretty awesome i was getting owned at first but after i unlocked customizer and could use my power sword i got from kill team i'm doing pretty great

Phoenix Gamma May 1st, 2012 12:42 AM

Decided to try Noitu Love 2 on steam. It's the bee's knees. Very nice spritework and some pretty interesting mechanics involving combat. Not totally crazy about it, but pretty cool. Reminds me of Treasure games back when Treasure made games besides SHMUPs.

Also, part of me wants to play Pokemon Black/White. I haven't played since that time bigtimecow and I accidentally got addicted to Diamond and Pearl for 200 hours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 758479)
Skullgirls. It's a 2D fighting game built around combos, which is a polite way of saying "it's shit."

Also, you might think that an indie Guilty Gear ripoff would at least not have the same HDTV-or-fuck-you problem that triple-A mainstream games do, but you'd be wrong.

I usually don't even touch fighting games since the last one that wasn't shit was Bushido Blade.


What I gathered from this is that you're bad at fighting games and don't play many of them, haven't played Guilty Gear more than a few times, and your TV is shit :rolleyes

Guitar Woman May 4th, 2012 10:01 AM

I am bad at fighting games because I never play them because they are bad. It is a vicious cycle, but I'm not really losing anything because as mentioned fighting games are hideously bad except for awesome samurai sword fight sims

Fuck why don't they make a new Bushido Blade? Could a game like that even exist today?

10,000 Volt Ghost May 6th, 2012 02:34 AM

I would hope something. I loved the shit out of Bushido Blade 2.

Mad Melvin May 6th, 2012 01:51 PM

Alan Wake's American Nightmare

Pretty good so far. It's just basically more of the same, but I liked the first Alan Wake, so i'm not complaining.

kahljorn May 6th, 2012 04:34 PM

wait so you cant buy ps2 stuff on the playstation network anymore?

darkvare May 6th, 2012 06:12 PM

yes you can max payne for ps2 is the latest adition

Guitar Woman May 12th, 2012 06:09 PM

MGS4 is fucking great, yo

OxBlood May 13th, 2012 08:14 AM

Warlock - Master of the Arcane.

It's a mix between Civ and Master of Magic. Nice game if a little rough around the edges in terms of UI.

Mad Melvin May 13th, 2012 09:22 AM

Portal 2

Better than the first one and amazingly addictive. J.K. Simmons and Stephen Merchant make this even more amazing.

Phoenix Gamma May 14th, 2012 01:27 AM

I started a new game of Mother 3 for Mother's Day.

GET IT?

MOTHER'S DAY?
MOTHER 3?

IT'S OKAY TO LAUGH AT PUNS FLINT :lol2

darkvare May 14th, 2012 02:54 AM

no it's not >:

Dr. Boogie May 14th, 2012 09:14 PM

Been playing A Valley Without Wind.

I almost passed it up because I had never heard of it, and the title sounded like a turn-of-the-century romance novel. It has some interesting elements to it, but nothing to really keep you in for the longterm. Plus, the game is apparently still in the beta phase, even though they're selling it, and different aspects of the gameplay change from one day to the next. I took a break for a few days, and when I came back, they had nerfed (their words) a couple of my favorite abilities.

Maybe try it months from now when a Steam sale drops it down to like $3.

Esuohlim May 14th, 2012 11:13 PM

Mother 3 is boring goddamnit, I'm jealous of people who like it because I wanted to like it so badly :(

Phoenix Gamma May 15th, 2012 02:30 AM

I don't like Earthbound, so we're even.

Esuohlim May 15th, 2012 03:59 AM

Fair enough I guess, but we are now the greatest of enemies


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:14 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.