I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

RaNkeri Oct 3rd, 2010 02:33 PM

Human Centipede
God damn

Machete

Awesome

Aaarg Oct 6th, 2010 05:37 PM

FROGS
sam elliott plays a freelance photographer slash hippie who ends up on some rich old man's private island that is overrun by frogs and snakes and lizards that end up killing his family. don't get me wrong, it's a shit movie, but it's got tokay geckos being adorable.

THE DEADLY SWORD
easily the worst dubbing for a martial arts movie EVER, which makes this movie awesome. it HAS TO BE intentionally bad, but not so in a "let's make a funny dub for a shitty movie" sense, since it's your typical generic wuxia plot. the voices are just so absolutely awful. and great.

Fathom Zero Oct 6th, 2010 06:16 PM

I love Fwogs. The house filled with them reminded me of Squirm.

Aaarg Oct 7th, 2010 08:11 AM

yeah it wasn't as bad as everybody makes it out to be. i mean, the plot was nonexistent and the acting was terrible and it was just stupid, but man... those tokay geckos were great.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 8th, 2010 09:14 AM

Let me in. Really good. I liked how in the movie they don't need to explain what a vampire does or is. You just know what it is so stuff just happens and you're like "Yeah, that makes sense to me. Thank you for not wasting an hour explaining it to me.'

Aaarg Oct 8th, 2010 11:22 AM

woah woah, that's out already? how does it compare to let the right one in? the trailer made it look... about the same, but american. which means it'd be lame, haha.

also,
THE BAT PEOPLE
shitty movie. i love bats.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 8th, 2010 01:50 PM

I was surprised it came out so soon too. I still haven't seen let the right one in.

Aaarg Oct 8th, 2010 01:51 PM

oh man, you have to. i love that movie, and i hate movies!

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 8th, 2010 02:10 PM

I heard it was really good. I wasn't planning on seeing the U.S. version first but I was out of state and had a bunch of time to kill.

Dimnos Oct 8th, 2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaarg (Post 700157)
oh man, you have to. i love that movie, and i hate movies!

For someone who hates movies you sure are in this thread a lot. :lol

Aaarg Oct 8th, 2010 04:03 PM

yeah but i tend to avoid new things (unless they have someone like donnie yen in them!) anymore.

i'm so glad i'm not the only one. girlfriend was browsing netflix when we first got it, checking out awful-looking horror movies, skipping over any with a date later than 2000. awesome.

we're fags together is all.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 8th, 2010 04:51 PM

Did you skip over space odyssey: 2001?

Babs Oct 8th, 2010 05:14 PM

Gummo, what a disgusting movie.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 8th, 2010 05:29 PM

Yeah, I was going to mention one perticular part of gummo then I remembered the entire movie was messed up.

Aaarg Oct 8th, 2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 700183)
Did you skip over space odyssey: 2001?

OH YOU.

(i like that movie. she describes it as "balls.")

MLE Oct 9th, 2010 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 700164)
For someone who hates movies you sure are in this thread a lot. :lol

It's not that he doesn't like movies. It's that he's unnecessarily critical of them, hence the high post count in here.

Shadowdancer21b Oct 10th, 2010 01:57 AM

Even if you are a fan, avoid the Stargate: SG1 movies. They're just bad.

Aaarg Oct 10th, 2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLE (Post 700216)
It's not that he doesn't like movies. It's that he's unnecessarily critical of them, hence the high post count in here.

i'm unnecessarily critical of everything, because i'm an asshole.

dextire Oct 12th, 2010 06:24 PM

Finally tracked down House 3: The Horror Show. I really liked it, but it doesn't seem like a House movie.

Also watched Drag Me to Hell again. Absolutely love that movie. :)

darkvare Oct 13th, 2010 12:46 AM

i just watched yip man or ip man whatever title it really awesome movie tells the tale of bruce lees mentor and boy do the fight scenes rock specially when the guy punches a dude face like 50 times in less than 20 seconds

Aaarg Oct 13th, 2010 08:42 AM

hell yeah, donnie yen is awesome. ip man 2 came out this year, and it's awesome as well. he fights sammo hung in it. on a table. it's not as good as the first one, but it's worth checking out.

IZO -
expected the movie to be awesome based on the synopsis (samurai comes back from the dead and kills a lot of people), but this movie is fucking balls. couldn't finish it.

HARVEY -
jimmy stewart with an imaginary friend in a six-foot-three bunny. this movie was great.

BARTON FINK -
the coen brothers have made consistently good films. this one's pretty silly, but i liked it.

darkvare Oct 13th, 2010 12:46 PM

yeah i saw that one too

Aaarg Oct 13th, 2010 03:33 PM

you encouraged me to look into and then download more new donnie yen--apparently he's been in two movies released in 2010 in addition to ip man 2. sweet.

elx Oct 13th, 2010 08:29 PM

dudeee last night i was watching the '82 amityville horror flick. seriously the worst movie ever. we didn't even finish. :( is the whole series that crappy?

Aaarg Oct 14th, 2010 08:12 AM

i only saw one of the originals and i was very young, i don't remember a damn thing about it.

i was convinced to watch the remake by some girl and it was fucking awful.

i am no help!