I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

b_squared Sep 1st, 2009 04:09 PM

I don't want to see her squashed. Someone most likely took her, since there was no way she could get out.

Aimless Sep 1st, 2009 04:10 PM

that sucks :(

Kitsa Sep 1st, 2009 04:12 PM

I could rent it, I guess.

Spidernapping isn't good :(

I've got a shitload of yellow sac and wolf spiders in my garage if you want any.

b_squared Sep 1st, 2009 04:17 PM

Thats Ok Kitsa...you can keep um.

Kitsa Sep 1st, 2009 04:21 PM

I don't want um :(

Dimnos Sep 1st, 2009 04:28 PM

Buy a pet bird and let him snack on em.

Aaarg Sep 1st, 2009 07:37 PM

I just got back into town and the neighbor said "you should go up to Waynesville Animal Shelter. Anything they still have by next friday is getting put to sleep."

Fuuuuuuck, why would you tell me that?

Unfortunately we've got three indoor cats and a stray dog that lives on our porch and I think if any of the three of us went to an animal shelter we'd come home with three dogs--and that's under normal circumstances.

Luckily they're apparently talking about this on the television, and since everybody down here that isn't living in this house watches television, surely most or all of the animals will get homes.

I mean, shit, if I had acreage I'd adopt a bunch of dogs and start buying more dog food.

Kitsa Sep 1st, 2009 07:45 PM

Yeah :(

Tadao Sep 1st, 2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaarg (Post 645326)
Fuuuuuuck, why would you tell me that?

Cause if you don't tell people all the animals might die.

Aaarg Sep 1st, 2009 09:00 PM

Uh, I talk to two people at home, and maybe five people at work!

Colonel Flagg Sep 1st, 2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaarg (Post 645326)
I mean, shit, if I had acreage I'd adopt a bunch of dogs and start buying more dog food.

You, sir are good people. :)

We do the same thing, focusing on elder dogs. The local ASPCA has nicknamed our family the "Doggie Senior Center".

b_squared Sep 1st, 2009 10:21 PM

I would never guilt someone into adopting an animal at my shelter. If someone is looking to adopt they should pick out a pet based on what will fit there lifestyle. What good is guilting an adoption of a St.Bernard to an elderly person looking for a tiny poodle? We would just be getting the St.Bernard back with a note on its card labeled return..which most will read as "problem dog" and that does not help adoptions.

We do let the rescue groups know if an animal is scheduled to be euthanized and they have the option to adopt it for free or at reduced cost.

We also adopt out senior animals out at reduced fees, so they get a chance for adoption.

I'm maxed out at home with 3 cats and 3 dogs and a horse. I wish I could do more:(

Tadao Sep 1st, 2009 10:22 PM

I would tell them NO TAG BACKS!

executioneer Sep 2nd, 2009 05:09 AM

so guys i banned jonathan clemens forever, is anyone all busted up over it

Tadao Sep 2nd, 2009 05:49 AM

I think actually the nicest thing you can do for him. It's one of those unhealthy relationships and I hope he doesn't transfer it onto real life situations.

Zhukov Sep 2nd, 2009 07:16 AM

There was a white tipped spider in my bedroom the other night. They can kill small children and cause necrosis, so I put a glass on top of it like a real man, and left it there to suffocate over a period of several hours :(

Usually the scorpions keep the spiders at a minimum, but now that the slightly warmer weather has increased the number of blow flies, the spiders are gaining ground.

Wiffles Sep 2nd, 2009 07:30 AM

Crazy how everything over there is either poisonous or deadly. o.o

even the platypus is poisonous

executioneer Sep 2nd, 2009 08:24 AM

the best thing is it's poisonous for RAPE purposes

Kitsa Sep 2nd, 2009 08:24 AM

One of my sisters-in-law just found a tarantula on her baby's head and put it down the garbage disposal. I thought that was a weird coincidence.

Zhukov Sep 2nd, 2009 10:03 AM

Did it scream on the way down? I think your spiders might be bigger than ours, because we don't get tarantulas, but ours are more deadly.

Another thing about Antipodeans is that nobody has a garbage (rubbish) disposal unit.

Tadao Sep 2nd, 2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 645490)
One of my sisters-in-law just found a tarantula on her baby's head and put it down the garbage disposal. I thought that was a weird coincidence.

How did the babies head fit down the sink hole?! :X

b_squared Sep 2nd, 2009 11:35 AM

I was sent to the emergency room by my doctor last month just to make sure I did not have a blood clot forming from a hemotoma in my leg. Now I am getting junk mail about mortuaries and cremation services.

stevetothepast Sep 2nd, 2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 645502)
How did the babies head fit down the sink hole?! :X

:lol

Kitsa Sep 2nd, 2009 11:53 AM

There are tarantulas in the southwest, but where she is it was probably an escaped pet. The biggest we usually have around here are some of the larger wolf spiders and some fishing spiders. My parents' australian coworkers are always asking us to send them glue traps for various spiders they have around- I'm guessing glue traps aren't widely available there?

Our harmful-to-pets-and-humans species here are mainly black widow (rare around here, usually dusty corners of garages), brown recluse (woodpiles and such, although everyone seems to mistake harmless wolf spiders for them) and the annoying-as-all-hell yellow sac spiders, which have really been bad the past couple of years. They like to tuck themselves up into corners mainly, although I've been startled by a couple scrambling down walls and surprising me in the shower. I can't stand those things.

Zhukov Sep 2nd, 2009 12:30 PM

Glue Trap? I do not know what this is. I am guessing it is a piece of paper with stickyness on one side for catching flies/ants/spiders.

The big killers for spiders here are Red Back and Funnel Web. White tails are common, but I don't think they are too deadly. Trap door, black house, mouse spiders and huntsman can all give a nasty bite.

Huntsman are probably the most common 'large' spider around these parts, we used to have one that lived in the roof when I was a child. Big as your face.

When I lived in Papua New Guinea I accidentaly walked into one of these.