I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

captain516 May 31st, 2011 09:05 PM

That looks awesome. Great job, Ottto

Tadao May 31st, 2011 09:18 PM

An old typewriter would work nicely too. They probably have an old typewriter font were the letters are at very slightly different heights.

Otto May 31st, 2011 09:29 PM

I've got one final sculpture for one of these cooking in my oven right now. I'm probably going to put this one in a fancier jar with an English label for Building 257, like the project was continued under Operation Paperclip. I'll probably drag my typewriter out of the closet to label that one.

Tadao May 31st, 2011 09:34 PM

Maybe back the ink ribbon up some so that it isn't so fresh looking.

elx Jun 1st, 2011 12:30 AM

frhjddjfrudicsdkefrfkc

Fathom Zero Jun 1st, 2011 12:34 AM

hey elx, want some nsfw dudesex?

elx Jun 1st, 2011 03:18 AM

oopsiedoodle. anyways. do any of you guys really like touch phones all that much? they always look so greasy/dirty. also, it seems like we're all associating the "touch" functionality with the intelligent interface and large screens that they come standard on, and not at all exploring or offering alternatives with the same qualities..

smartphones should come with touch-tracks separate from the screens. or joysticks. >:

Esuohlim Jun 1st, 2011 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 685108)
Why does Apple keep putting out stuff with touch screens on them >:

Some of us don't want to get the screens dirty with our grotesque, fat fingers >:

My opinion on touch-screens in general still stands to this day, which is why I recently got a new phone that was all the rage back in 2002 and comes with a camera :eek

LordSappington Jun 1st, 2011 03:56 AM

I don't get the hype of touch screens. Sure, you can play more games. But I can never get the damn things right; I can't text at all on them, or select anything, because I have no idea where to press and be in the hitbox or whatever you want to call it.
I'll stick with physical buttons, thank you.

Esuohlim Jun 1st, 2011 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elx (Post 723831)
also, it seems like we're all associating the "touch" functionality with the intelligent interface and large screens that they come standard on, and not at all exploring or offering alternatives with the same qualities..

This kind of talk is why you should go into engineering instead of useless astrophysics. Or do BOTH :eek

Fathom Zero Jun 1st, 2011 04:14 AM

I wouldn't use anything else when it comes to screens less than 12" diagonally.

Conversely, I wouldn't use anything but a cursor and keyboard for any screen sized more than that.

Esuohlim Jun 1st, 2011 04:19 AM

Thanks for the input, GW

elx Jun 1st, 2011 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 723836)
This kind of talk is why you should go into engineering instead of useless astrophysics. Or do BOTH :eek

I am doubling it with engineering! ...just the computer kind. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 723835)
I don't get the hype of touch screens. Sure, you can play more games. But I can never get the damn things right; I can't text at all on them, or select anything, because I have no idea where to press and be in the hitbox or whatever you want to call it.
I'll stick with physical buttons, thank you.

I am stuck with one, and I had to customize my settings just to be able to get it to unlock/turn on for me. so it responds to my touch and nobody elses, which makes it impossible for others to use, just as you described. so lame. but I'm glad I'm not alone in this. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 723837)
I wouldn't use anything else when it comes to screens less than 12" diagonally.

Conversely, I wouldn't use anything but a cursor and keyboard for any screen sized more than that.

Sent from my IPad

Fathom Zero Jun 1st, 2011 05:08 AM

The iPad's only around 9 or 10. I wish it were larger. :\

Fathom Zero Jun 1st, 2011 05:08 AM

Also, fck you btch Milhouse

Zhukov Jun 1st, 2011 05:16 AM

Well I still don't get the hype that goes with text messaging.

Fathom Zero Jun 1st, 2011 05:26 AM

I stopped text messaging as soon as I stopped hooking up with this lovely girl at school. :\ Email is much more efficient for me.

EDIT: :GW, ('cept for the girl part, y'know)

Kitsa Jun 1st, 2011 09:06 AM

Horse herpes!

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...cnn?&hpt=hp_c2

Pub Lover Jun 1st, 2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 723843)
Well I still don't get the hype that goes with text messaging.

I hate making bodily noises at people and I never have more than a single sentence to say at any one time. :eek

HickMan Jun 1st, 2011 01:02 PM

Texting is the future

Dimnos Jun 1st, 2011 01:25 PM

Its great because you can talk to people without having to really talking to them.

Kitsa Jun 1st, 2011 01:38 PM

I prefer it. I hate talking on the phone, so very much.

Esuohlim Jun 1st, 2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 723866)
SOMEONE HEARD YOUR CALL, ESULOHIME

I can't wait to spend 1 minute defecate money as often as I would bathroom :x :spambot

kahljorn Jun 1st, 2011 04:01 PM

They must have a high poker metabolism!

Chojin Jun 1st, 2011 05:11 PM

i like texting because i don't have to begin and conclude my conversations. it's just an exchange of data.

this rule doesn't apply to the retards i work with who text like they're 8 year old girls

lmao he did wut now???? smh neway

i actually have one of the guys friended on facebook and he writes his status updates like that too. i made fun of him for it for a while until that got boring