I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   This ones bigger than baloon knot boy (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69703415)

Evil Robot Nov 2nd, 2009 04:38 PM

This ones bigger than baloon knot boy

http://www.lohud.com/article/2009103...-in-Mt.-Vernon
Mother slams baby into sidewalk

executioneer Nov 2nd, 2009 04:47 PM

it's just a late-term abortion, guys, what's the big deal

Dimnos Nov 2nd, 2009 05:04 PM

:lol

The Leader Nov 2nd, 2009 05:27 PM

He said.

Said.

He said.

Tadao Nov 2nd, 2009 05:44 PM

I blame the WWE.

Fathom Zero Nov 2nd, 2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Leader (Post 656503)
He said.

Said.

He said.

I didn't notice that until you brought it up. Mayhap I am becommin' dummer.

george Nov 2nd, 2009 07:53 PM

maybe he deserved it >:

Dimnos Nov 3rd, 2009 10:36 AM

Yeah if the kid just wouldnt shut the fuck up then he probably had it coming.

elx Nov 3rd, 2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

...One of the many bystanders who watched in horror as the 23-year-old woman raised the baby above her head and then slammed him to the ground..
yeah guys, let's stand around and watch a naked woman murder an infant

seriously though that crowd of people that just called 911 and then didn't do anything until the baby had already been assaulted multiple times all deserve to be curbstomped.

Evil Robot Nov 3rd, 2009 01:53 PM

Mt. Vernon is one of the most fucked up places in NYC. It's one of those places where your bound to hear gunfire every time your there.

elx Nov 3rd, 2009 01:56 PM

doesn't matter, if that article and timeline are accurate those people could have saved that baby and no one bothered to until it was already too late. they're all just as guilty, if not more so than the mother. (at least she was out of her mind)

Evil Robot Nov 3rd, 2009 02:12 PM

She wasn't out of her mind, that's normal behavior for that place. The fact that the cops are now charging her proves she was sane.

Dimnos Nov 3rd, 2009 02:12 PM

Keep in mind that she had to do it at least once before anyone could even know they needed to intervene. Then then she probably had time to do it one or two more times before they realized that this was really going on, opposed to some dumb ass with a doll just trying to get a rise out of people. One guy DID intervene and kudos to him. Its just a shame he didnt cunt punt the bitch while saving the baby. That would have made him a true hero.

Tadao Nov 3rd, 2009 02:22 PM

Like we need more life there. :rolleyes

elx Nov 3rd, 2009 02:56 PM

i based the timeline off of how it was described in the article --

a naked woman came out into the streets screaming, people noticed this, called the police, gathered around to watch, the bystanders then witnessed her assaulting her child. some of them called 911 again to report that she was harming the baby and one man did something after the baby had been hurt at least 2-3 times. that's unacceptable. man is not a hero.

edit: to add, my point isn't that they didn't act quick enough, it's that they didn't really do anything at all.
they knew the woman was crazy, they called the police, she was naked in the street screaming, common sense would tell anyone not to let the batshit woman near a child. if they saw her moving toward the child, or come back with the child in her arms, they should have stopped her right then.

Tadao Nov 3rd, 2009 02:59 PM

WTF is up with all the 911 calling, cell phones take videos nowadays.

george Nov 3rd, 2009 03:03 PM

maybe they wanted her to throw the baby down. i fucking hate babies.

Dimnos Nov 3rd, 2009 03:47 PM

Fact: It is not a crime for a woman, crazy or not naked or otherwise, to walk toward or carry her own child.

Fact: One man did intervene and quite possibly saved that babies life.

You were not there and cant possibly know all the details of the situation and are thus unqualified to pass judgment of those who were. Quite possibly all the details given in the article were attributed by multiple sources and no one fully had a grasp of the situation at the time.

elx Nov 3rd, 2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 656672)
Fact: It is not a crime for a woman, crazy or not naked or otherwise, to walk toward or carry her own child.

Fact: One man did intervene and quite possibly saved that babies life.

You were not there and cant possibly know all the details of the situation and are thus unqualified to pass judgment of those who were. Quite possibly all the details given in the article were attributed by multiple sources and no one fully had a grasp of the situation at the time.

no - they knew something was wrong, that's why they called the police, that's why they gathered around. they knew that and still let her near a baby.

fact: those people that were there could have helped that baby, they didn't, they watched that baby become harmed, and if it survives, it will never be okay.

i also very clearly stated that i was basing my opinions on the assumption that the article was accurate.

Tadao Nov 3rd, 2009 05:33 PM

I'm going to buy you a cape for Christmas.

captain516 Nov 3rd, 2009 05:47 PM

That reminds me, when does the Secret Santa thing start?

george Nov 3rd, 2009 06:27 PM

i think i know someone who might want a slightly damamged baby!!!!!

but what could any of those people have done.

lets say you're standing around playing hacki sak or some shit and this naked lady comes running out holding a baby. the ten seconds or so it takes you to even react to that is going to be all the time she needs to slam the baby down.

please, like any of us would be ninja enough to have stopped her if we even cared enough to try :(

Dimnos Nov 3rd, 2009 08:59 PM

Don't forget the time it would take you to actually move over there to do anything about it. That would give her enough time to body slam the baby what? 2-3 times total? Sounds about what they said. Hmmm....

george Nov 3rd, 2009 10:13 PM

have you ever been so stunned by something you just dont react?

i saw a guy get hit by an airplane propeller once. i just disconnected. i saw it, i knew what i saw, but was completely incapable of doing anything.

all i am getting at is that i could see how a screaming naked woman throwing down a baby would seem unreal and i would just stand there for a moment before i had any kind of reaction.

and then i would prolly laugh or something.

elx Nov 3rd, 2009 10:43 PM

yes, i understand what you are both saying, however, according to the timeline and what was described in the article, those people had plenty of time to react and they did -- just not appropriately. this wasn't something that just happened, it had been going on long enough to draw a crowd of people. so that's that.

PS- these people were not suffering from collective dissociative behavior, so 'shock' justifies nothing.