I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Concerts, Festivals... (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699978)

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 9th, 2009 10:20 PM

Debating whether or not I'm going to drive 2 hrs to Kitchener, ON, CA to see the Planet Smashers. I haven't seen them in 4 years but they don't come to the U.S. anymore :(

Babs Feb 10th, 2009 07:25 AM

Wait, explosions in the sky is playing at the jager tour? That's an awful mix of bands.

Dixie Feb 10th, 2009 08:31 AM

I really love your avatar.

Angryhydralisk Feb 10th, 2009 01:55 PM

I've been wanting to go to Roadburn since I first heard of it in 2004. They always get killer obscure bands.

Oh, and ATP this year....for Sleep.

But those are in entirely different continents so I'm fucked.

Aries Feb 11th, 2009 09:45 PM

Throbbing Gristle in Brooklyn!

Babs Feb 11th, 2009 10:00 PM

Maryland Death Fest May 22nd to the 24th

All I have to say is Bolt Thrower

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 7th, 2009 08:52 PM

Totally missed the MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice reunion concert....in Utah.

He even played Ninja Rap.

Dixie Mar 8th, 2009 03:18 AM

Best thing about Maryland Deathfest is Atheist.
But I'm still not going.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 8th, 2009 05:15 AM

I miss Hellfest :(

Babs Mar 8th, 2009 06:04 AM

You should really try to make it out there because yours truly will be there.

Dixie Mar 8th, 2009 06:54 AM

Maybe one day, but I don't go to fests that I have to pay to see.
I'm fucking lazy.

Babs Mar 8th, 2009 09:16 PM

man oh man, going to metal fests is a cornerstone to my life. Drinks and loud noise, the only thing you have to watch out for is beer guts caressing your back.

Dixie Mar 8th, 2009 09:28 PM

I love fests.
But I don't feel the need to torture myself over 2 days with a mediocre and mostly retarded death metal tin ear migraine for like 3 bands.
I've gotten to the point where unless I'm working, or going as someone's guest I don't even bother anymore. Besides, I don't drive.

European metalfests are the way fests should be over here.
I'm kinda hoping to make it over to Doom Shall Rise next time my husband gets an invite. DSR line-ups are always the best.

Babs Mar 8th, 2009 09:44 PM

Yeah, sometimes you got stuck with kids who play nothing but breakdowns for about 2 hours straight and you just see their fans with grills in and they're nice little tidy b ball hats. I'm mainly going to see Blot Thrower, Bird Flesh, Pestilence, Atheist, Pig Destroyer (new album sucks dick), Brutal Truth, Immolation, and of course Napalm Death. They definitely out way all the other shit so I'm pretty stoked for sure. I love Mayhem but new Mayhem is not what I'm into at all.

The Doom Shall Rise fest is soooo fucking gnarly, I love doom a lot but mostly I'm into Ohm, Boris, SunnO))), and Wolves in the Throne Room the more dronish doom style.

Dixie Mar 8th, 2009 10:00 PM

I'll say it again, Mayhem was one of THE most disappointing moments of my life.
Fucking TERRIBLE.

At this point I've just sat through too many fests having to listen to crappy death metal to even care. The last fest I worked at had a band that wore glowing blacklight codpieces.

I saw Sunn a few years ago.
They played a couple of shows with Sigh and Deceased.
We thought Sunn were tuning and we were throwing beer cans on top of the "stage bathroom" next to the stage and cans were falling behind them when they played.
I kinda felt bad but they weren't very friendly to begin with.
Sigh and Deceased fucking rocked it.
Sigh did their amazing cover of Venom's Black Metal while we were dancing on the stage.

I can't really get into the drone stuff, I like a little rhythm in my doom.
I'm reallllly hoping to go to DSR within the next 3 years, but it isn't up to me.
:(

Babs Mar 8th, 2009 10:26 PM

Sigh is one hell of a band, I guarantee that shit was amazing especially with the Venom cover.

Isn't the Doom Shall Rise tour over in Germany? I wish I could attend that but that's a lot of money a long with it's next month so planning a flight with out months in advance would be pretty pricey.

Dixie Mar 8th, 2009 11:52 PM

The DSR tour goes all over Europe, but mainly Germany, yes.
The festival itself is in Germany, and yes trying to go now would be costly.
There's always next year. :)

kidneyboy Mar 10th, 2009 12:17 AM

looking forward to Phish this summer at Alpine!

/looks around

no, really!, it's going to be awesome!

Dixie Mar 10th, 2009 05:17 AM

I miss the Classic Metalfest that used to happen in Ohio.
That was always really fun.

Babs Mar 10th, 2009 06:21 AM

I miss it too, I was actually thinking about the other day. Man, I was a regular to that and now nothing. I remember going when I was relatively young (16 I believe). I'm from Ohio so it was easily accessible.

Dixie Mar 10th, 2009 07:27 AM

Really?
Which years?

Babs Mar 10th, 2009 07:41 AM

2002, I went with my friend and his dad. Originally how I got into metal in the first place was all because of my old friends dad, he actually introduced me to Death which I instantly fell in love with.

Dixie Mar 10th, 2009 10:43 AM

Hahah I was at that one!
Drunk and in the parking lot beside/behind the club.
October 31 had a live CD release from that show.
That was the one with Anvil right?

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 13th, 2009 10:28 PM

Going to Street Dogs on Paddy's day. I just have to make sure I don't drink too much leading up to it. I have my ticket at will call and don't want too drunk to pick it up.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 22nd, 2009 09:16 AM

Slightly Stoopid tonight after work and Converge on Tuesday. :)