I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Come get yer free games in here! (not spam) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699603)

eggyolk Apr 24th, 2008 11:46 AM

Come get yer free games in here! (not spam)

i meant to post this earlier but i wasnt sure how legit this was. A couple weeks ago i was browsing the penny arcade forums. it was there that i discovered a gaming website called Goozex. the premise for this site is simple. you send them old games and you get points based on the game. newer games like gears of war would get you more points while older games would net you lower amounts. you use these points to get other people's used games.

here's the kicker. if you sign up before the end of april you get 100 FREE points to spend however you want.

at first i was a little skeptical, but everyone who posted in that thread also posted that they had actually gotten some pretty cool games. i decided to order halo 2, since it was one of many great games that only cost 100 points. on the 14th i recieved an email that it was on its way.

Today, only 10 days after shipping, i went to my mailbox and lo and behold a little brown package was waiting for me. inside was a practically "new" used copy of halo 2. :eek

Some of the 100 point games are

Starcraft
Resident Evil 4
3D Frog Man
Call of Duty 1 or 2
Deus Ex
Doom 3
Morrowind
Far Cry

I've literally just scratched the surface.

anyways, there were many many great Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, and PC games to pick from that only cost 100 points. but i ultimately decided on halo 2 since i have no multiplayer games on my xbox.

here's my referall Link: http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/jo...r=566225199692

seriously,everyone should do this. it's 100% legit.

bigtimecow Apr 24th, 2008 12:33 PM

i referred you. although, i'm not sure how this works and currently don't have time to read it

darkvare Apr 24th, 2008 12:35 PM

damn does it works for mexico?

eggyolk Apr 24th, 2008 12:39 PM

im not sure, but i think if you cover shipping it would be fine.

Emu Apr 24th, 2008 01:25 PM

This would be great if I could stand getting rid of my games. As soon as I traded them away I'd want to play them again :<

eggyolk Apr 24th, 2008 01:32 PM

the only reason i joined was for the free game. i have no intention of trading in my games. (though i wish i had before i pawned Resident Evil 0, Code Veronica, Star Fox Adventures, and Super Monkey Ball)

MarioRPG Apr 24th, 2008 03:00 PM

I like the thought, but I'm just not really interested in parting with my old games...

And Canada is probably excluded / extra shipping.

liquidstatik Apr 24th, 2008 03:30 PM

i just registered under you :o

Chojin Apr 24th, 2008 04:37 PM

I'm more interested in systems than games, so if this works as advertised this could actually be a neat thing :o

Fathom Zero Apr 24th, 2008 05:12 PM

I'll be trading in my copy of Oblivion for a cool 600 points and go on a nice spree. This is cool.

Here's mine, I won't put one of them referral links here 'cause it's only fair that Eggyolk gets it, but this is my library:

Under a Killing Moon
Oblivion (360)
Persona 2 (full packaging, though a bit worse for wear)

Chojin Apr 24th, 2008 05:15 PM

Looking around this is going to be a great way to build up my dreamcast library, but it does kinda suck that the DC is the furthest back this system goes. I'd love to trade off some of my current gen games for a ton of genesis/nes cartridges ;<

Also, since $5 = 100 points, this is officially way cheaper than gamestop/eb for used games :o

Guitar Woman Apr 24th, 2008 05:56 PM

I got Neverwinter Nights! :D

Fathom Zero Apr 24th, 2008 06:23 PM

I'm getting Silhouette Mirage!

Guitar Woman Apr 24th, 2008 06:33 PM

GOOD CHOICE

Fathom Zero Apr 24th, 2008 07:26 PM

Also, you get the full value of a game if you were to purchase it as you would when you trade it in, as opposed to you trading in a game to Gamestop or something and get $4 and have them mark it up for $20.

Also, also: WTF? http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/it...asp?item=24988

I know Chakan was in dev for the DC, but I don't believe in the slightest that anyone has it.

Emu Apr 24th, 2008 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 551503)
Persona 2 (full packaging, though a bit worse for wear)

I'll give you cash for that.

Fathom Zero Apr 24th, 2008 10:57 PM

LET'S MAKE A DEAL.

Guitar Woman Apr 25th, 2008 01:31 AM

so I changed my mind about what game I wanted and no good PS1 games are under 200 points :(

mabye if there were more than 3 decent games for the system they wouldn't be as expensive!

Emu Apr 25th, 2008 01:33 AM

Which ones are you looking at?

Guitar Woman Apr 25th, 2008 01:40 AM

Silent Hill, all 3 original Resident Evils, D (they don't have it, apparently), Grandia, Final Fantasy 7 and 8, SotN (40 goddamn bucks), both Megaman Legends (also ridiculously expensive), Parasite Eve, and Tomba, to name a few!

I could probably trade something in so I've got more than 5 dollars of site credit, but it's late and I don't feel like it now

I'm going to hop on Fathom's cool train and get Silhouette Mirage instead.

Emu Apr 25th, 2008 02:09 AM

D is pretty hard to find, I think. I was pretty underwhelmed by it, actually. It would've been a lot better on a PC :< But considering it's a PS1 launch game I guess that's forgivable

Emu Apr 25th, 2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 551593)
SotN (40 goddamn bucks)

Does the site differentiate between green and black label games? A green label SOTN can go as low as 25 bucks.

also Fathom I sent u a pm :)

Fathom Zero Apr 25th, 2008 05:02 PM

$20 wired to my Swiss account, if you please.

Chojin Apr 25th, 2008 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 551593)
Silent Hill, all 3 original Resident Evils, D (they don't have it, apparently), Grandia, Final Fantasy 7 and 8, SotN (40 goddamn bucks), both Megaman Legends (also ridiculously expensive), Parasite Eve, and Tomba, to name a few!

It's funny you mention this, I put up D for PC the other day and it's apparently worth 400 points :eek

Emu Apr 25th, 2008 05:31 PM

Kingdom Hearts is 800 points if their advertisement is to be believed