I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Greatest Album of All Times! (when you were a stupid kid!) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697411)

GADZOOKS Sep 1st, 2007 12:41 AM

Greatest Album of All Times! (when you were a stupid kid!)

Obviously if you are a stupid kid NOW you can not participate on this thread. Do not break this rule or you will be a child forever, sorry!

Kids listen to stupid music. Even I am not an exception!

This is the only album I owned until I was 14. :lol

Rongi Sep 1st, 2007 12:51 AM

When I was like 9 or 10 :(

BUT THEN I MOVED ON TO THIS A YEAR LATER

GADZOOKS Sep 1st, 2007 12:58 AM

Oh man, I'm glad you couldn't find a bigger picture of the second one :(

Hey, Rongi! If you see any little ones trying to ruin this thread can you change their post to THIS
We already have a "What Are You Listening To Now?" thread. :lol

Rongi Sep 1st, 2007 01:00 AM

Sure thing! I actually forgot i could edit stuff in MD

GADZOOKS Sep 1st, 2007 01:10 AM

ANOTHER CLASSIC

I don't know if this was a step up or a step down!

Schimid Sep 1st, 2007 12:24 PM

This was the first album I ever bought with my own money:

Angryhydralisk Sep 1st, 2007 03:56 PM

Is this topic just a way to try to get me to talk about the ICP days again?

OH, YOU DIRTY BIRDY.:themoreyouknow

ScruU2wice Sep 2nd, 2007 01:30 AM

smash was a solid album, I still listen to it.

MLE Sep 2nd, 2007 02:52 AM

Holst - The Planets and Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge over Troubled Water were the only two albums I owned until I was 13 or so. They were on records. ;<

Guitar Woman Sep 2nd, 2007 03:50 AM

I'm a stupid kid now, but I used to be an even stupider kid. I thought Limp Bizkit's Significant Other was a really good album!

Grislygus Sep 2nd, 2007 04:31 AM

I thought Wierd Al's Bad Hair Day was the totally greatest comedy album ever.

Now, of course, I realize that BAD NEWS is totally the greatest comedy album ever.

Krythor Sep 2nd, 2007 09:03 AM

Mr. Bungle - S/T and Pixies - Surfa Rosa were the first two albums I bought, when I was 13. Before then, when I was an even dumber kid, I thought music was the most terrible, horrible thing in the universe, and I was embarrassed to be seen near a CD store for fear of people thinking I was buying any.

noob3 Sep 2nd, 2007 03:59 PM

haha thsi thread rules!

i thought RATM's battle of LA was sooo good :o also, I really liked Linkin Park's first CD

also as other people have mentioned, i liked limp bizkit too :lol

DuFresne Sep 2nd, 2007 04:26 PM

(Shut the door, baby. Don't say a word...)

Girl Drink Drunk Sep 2nd, 2007 09:24 PM

Dont compare Simon & Garfunkel to that other garbage.

Esuohlim Sep 2nd, 2007 09:57 PM

Weird Al's "Running With Scissors" was the only thing in my CD player for about three straight months back when I was 11 :(

Rongi Sep 3rd, 2007 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noob3 (Post 503121)
I really liked Linkin Park's first CD

Me too :( :( :(

I wish I could go back in time and beat myself up

MrAdventure Sep 3rd, 2007 05:49 AM

i was a lot like you krythor; i honestly didnt get the hubbub around music for the longest time! For me it was comedy cds 24/7 for years, i couldnt get enough of adam sandler/jerky boys as a kid (it wasnt my collection, it was a pal o' mine's, he was outta control!) which is probably my worst offense, not counting the martin lawrence live CD i got through columbia house via that 7 for 1 cent scam deal that was around (i only remember that i got a martin cd, a monty python cd and some lenny bruce album that had zero swearing in it yeesh)

as far as actual music went, i was always too embarrassed to even start on the topic. all the kids would recite hip hop and rap lyrics at school and all i'd have in my head would be doobie brothers, three dog night and a ton of other soft rock that their dads would have liked to know i enjoyed!

only a few short years ago i finally found the music i liked when i accidentally downloaded some gay euro metal from winmx, the songs were terrible (sonata arctica i think) but it actually *clicked* (like going through musical puberty) and i suddenly couldnt get enough music! (PS a big thanks to helm back then for all his music recommendations)

Fathom Zero Sep 3rd, 2007 01:48 PM

I was even crazier back in the day! :lol

Cfr5 Sep 3rd, 2007 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuFresne (Post 503125)

(Shut the door, baby. Don't say a word...)

That's laying in my room at home somewhere.

noob3 Sep 3rd, 2007 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rongi (Post 503203)
Me too :( :( :(

I wish I could go back in time and beat myself up

haha i wish i could go back in time and ROCK THE FUCK OUT to all this shitty music :o

Emu Sep 5th, 2007 08:29 AM

Anything by Weird Al

GADZOOKS Sep 5th, 2007 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krythor (Post 503100)
Mr. Bungle - S/T and Pixies - Surfa Rosa were the first two albums I bought, when I was 13. Before then, when I was an even dumber kid, I thought music was the most terrible, horrible thing in the universe, and I was embarrassed to be seen near a CD store for fear of people thinking I was buying any.

I got surfer rosa when I was 16! It began my "not listening to complete garbage music" phase.

Speaking of Garbage music, I have a friend who owns ONLY two CDs which are:

The music from Phantom of the Opera

AND

A CD of WWF wrestling enterence themes (which I bet a few of you have >:)

Rongi Sep 5th, 2007 03:44 PM

I guess the album that brought me out of my shitty music taste was "The Bends" by Radiohead :\. I got that when I was 12 I think

I hate Radiohead now tho

Emu Sep 5th, 2007 05:34 PM

The first one I ever bought was Blink 182's enema of the state and I think I only bought it because my cousin bought it and I wanted to be cool!