I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   On strife and morality (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12127)

The One and Only... Jun 13th, 2004 02:34 PM

On strife and morality

Agnosticism is the only logical stance regarding the supernatural.

Deduction can only be logically discovered as a result of a generalization arising from inductive processes. Due to this fact, non-axiomatic knowledge is impossible, and truth can only be viewed in terms of probability. Thus, even if evidence for the supernatural did exist in the natural world (and no such evidence has been found), we could not even be certain of its existence. Atheism cannot prove itself either, as no evidence for the lack of a supernatural can exist within the natural realm. Therefore, due to these uncertainties, agnosticism is the only logical stance.

Elevation of concepts to moral status is logically baseless.

Moral laws do not exist in the natural realm, and without the certainty of the supernatural, cannot possibly be known.

Reduction of moral laws to desirability is logically sound and lessens human suffering.

All moral laws can be reduced to concepts which are either desirable, undesirable, or neutral. By reducing all moral laws to their desirability, concepts which are undesirable will not be upheld. Thus, previous moral laws which caused unnecessary suffering will be eliminated.

AChimp Jun 13th, 2004 02:39 PM

You're a fag.

Anonymous Jun 13th, 2004 05:12 PM

You typed this with one hand, didn't you OAO?

Emu Jun 13th, 2004 05:19 PM

thank you :)

ziggytrix Jun 13th, 2004 06:29 PM

"All great religions, in order to escape absurdity, have to admit a dilution of agnosticism. It is only the savage, whether of the African bush or the American gospel tent, who pretends to know the will and intent of God exactly and completely." - H. L. Mencken

Perndog Jun 13th, 2004 06:39 PM

What about a religion in which the members *themselves* are supernatural? Is self-identity sufficient for certainty?

Oh, and I agree with everyone else in this thread.

The One and Only... Jun 13th, 2004 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perndog
What about a religion in which the members *themselves* are supernatural? Is self-identity sufficient for certainty?

They would have to provide evidence for that assertion.

Emu Jun 13th, 2004 09:41 PM

Depends on your definition of 'natural,' don't you think?

Perndog Jun 13th, 2004 09:47 PM

Nevermind. It's not worth the effort.

Rez Jun 14th, 2004 12:20 PM

this is rather obvious, OAO... i dont think anyone has posted it because most intelligent persons can come to those comclusions while having a BIIIIG WANK with their BIIIIIG COCK in the SHOWER.

COME TO THOSE CONCLUSIONS :LOL

Cosmo Electrolux Jun 14th, 2004 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AChimp
You're a fag.

:lol I love you, Chimp :lol

AChimp Jun 14th, 2004 03:36 PM

I have my suspicions about you, too. ;)

kellychaos Jun 14th, 2004 03:51 PM

I'm going to start a God club where we're all gods. There's going to be a secret handshake. This is not going to be like my last God club where we all had to do the elephant walk. Who wants to join my club?

Sergeant_Tibbs Jun 15th, 2004 12:18 AM

I think you're too late, there was (is?) some god gang in jackson prison. It's real 133t you have to take a writen test to see if you're a god or not. And you have to be in prison.

Anonymous Jun 15th, 2004 01:18 AM

If OAO gets ass fucked in the woods by kellychaos...is he still a fucktard?

Answer: yes

EVIL EMPIRE ENTERPRISES
We now return you back to your regular fucktard station :lol

mburbank Jun 15th, 2004 12:47 PM

So, what, OAO, is there no special summer camp for self important psuedo intellectual kids to go yap at each other in the Adirondacks and maybe get a little tennis and swimming instruction tossed in?

The One and Only... Jun 15th, 2004 01:39 PM

I thought about taking Precalc so I could take Calculus as a sophomore, but decided against it.

Instead, I have opted to finish getting into shape.

Of course, I still have three exams left before the school year is over.

Zebra 3 Jun 15th, 2004 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The One and Only...

- You mean fighting shape to enlist in the military.

Pub Lover Jun 15th, 2004 02:15 PM

He has a condition that involves hives, hot flushes, & fainting, so he can't enlist... Oh, wait! ;0

kellychaos Jun 15th, 2004 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mburbank
So, what, OAO, is there no special summer camp for self important psuedo intellectual kids to go yap at each other in the Adirondacks and maybe get a little tennis and swimming instruction tossed in?

Two, four, six, eight! Simplify and integrate. Yeeeeaaahhhhh! :mathcheerleader :(

punkgrrrlie10 Jun 15th, 2004 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The One and Only...
I thought about taking Precalc so I could take Calculus as a sophomore, but decided against it.

Of course, I still have three exams left before the school year is over.

You can't do both????

The One and Only... Jun 15th, 2004 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkgrrrlie10
You can't do both????

Well, I could, but what's the point. My high school only offers courses through Statistics, meaning that I would be left without any math courses to take as a senior.

I was thinking about applying for an early admission program to college, but then I'd miss out on an easy senior year.

punkgrrrlie10 Jun 15th, 2004 06:56 PM

you can't do a half day at school and leave early for college classes? Or even take an early morning class at a jc and spend the rest of the time at school?

Cosmo Electrolux Jun 15th, 2004 07:21 PM

Psssst.....he's making it up. His mom is making him work at Burger King this summer.....

AChimp Jun 15th, 2004 08:14 PM

:lol