I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

mew barios Jul 12th, 2011 10:01 PM

i'm gonna be doing several console mods over the next week or so, i'll make a thread about it :o

dextire Jul 14th, 2011 12:31 AM

Borrowed Super Mario Galaxy 2 from a friend and holy crap is there a lot to do!
I've already beat final Bowser twice and collected all 120 stars, and it looks like I'm just getting started.

It's a lot of fun though, and I like that you can play as Luigi this time.

Mad Melvin Jul 14th, 2011 02:16 AM

Brütal Legend

I don't really like this game all that much, but i'll try to get it over with.

Chojin Jul 14th, 2011 12:23 PM

finally finished omikron. the game seems to forget that it's cyberpunk about a third of the way through and you end up traipsing through marketplaces and french villas or something

also the game became less of an adventure game and more of a queer puzzler as time went on, and it slowly became less possible to "live" in the environments (the last city doesn't even have cars, doesn't have a supermarket, and you get kicked out of the Awakened base after you get your mission; ne'er to return again). The whole thing starts out well after you get a handle on the controls and it feels like you're in a living city, then it just gets obnoxious when you get to the other cities.

i also kept getting pissed off because i'd possess a person i really wanted to keep and then plot elements would force me to possess someone else. you can't return to an old body and you lose all your fight training and other stats when you do that, too. i ended the game as some faggotry shrek-wannabe after my movie star chick had to kill herself by drinking poison just to get that faggot to move a rock for me.

i think the game forces you to remain emotionally unattached to the people you control, but at the same time gives you lots of information about them and makes you spend time improving them, which makes their loss tougher on you. i don't know if it's intentional, but it felt like the game was making me GROW AS A PERSON by leaving these characters behind. also it's a bizarre moral choice, considering you kill the people you possess (most of whom are civilians), and it's ambiguous as to what happens to their soul when you take over. their bodies turn into transparent soulless husks when you transfer to another, so it's not like they get it back.

the game itself is supposed to be a plot from demons to enslave souls from our world by putting them into video game characters in the game world, but the game world itself is supposed to be a real world in another dimension that persists when you turn the system off. this further raises moral questions because according to the game, you are fucking with and killing real people just so you can get your soul back out of the video game/other world.

the concepts are a lot better than the delivery.

OxBlood Jul 14th, 2011 05:10 PM

Still playing Ys Seven. That´s how you do it, just plain Action-Adventure Awesomeness.

darkvare Jul 14th, 2011 08:29 PM

i'm playing alice madnnes returns and i was wondering does this game has anything to do with psychonauts?

WhiteRat Jul 14th, 2011 08:37 PM

Still playing KotOR on PC. Was in the Sith Temple, broke into Master Uthar's room and found the datapad to give to the one guy's angsty sith son. Upon reaching said son with the evidence to sway him to our side, he goes ape shit and attacks me with his lightsabre completely unprovoked. His dad, who if you remember, is desperately trying to reconcile with him, starts shooting his own son like no tomorrow. After we killed his son I tried talking to the dad and all he says is some shit about trying to find evidence to show his son and acts like nothing has happened.

I take it that this was a glitch?

Fathom Zero Jul 14th, 2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 731798)
i'm playing alice madnnes returns and i was wondering does this game has anything to do with psychonauts?

http://www.destructoid.com/poor-raz-...s-203741.phtml

Other than that, no similarities, other than the fact that American McGee and Tim Schafer are the same person.

They both make weird games that don't sell at all.

darkvare Jul 14th, 2011 11:58 PM

that's the reason i was wondering lol

Phoenix Gamma Jul 15th, 2011 12:18 AM

To be fair, Madness Returns is pretty crummy. I'm on chapter 3 and I've already seen everything the gameplay has to offer. If it weren't for the story or art, I'd have uninstalled it. Speaking of which, I got a signed copy of the artbook and a signed lithograph in the mail the other day. Pretty as fuck.

darkvare Jul 15th, 2011 12:56 AM

well i just finished it the platforming went from bad to infuriating and this is mostly due to the removal of her ability to grab onto ledges

Phoenix Gamma Jul 15th, 2011 08:01 PM

Fuck the collision. There are so many moments where Alice will hit the ledge then vibrated against it and fell.

k0k0 Jul 15th, 2011 11:25 PM

Right now I'm playing 'Ms. Splosion Man' and it is awesome. If you liked the first one, this is better and everything seems bigger. The puzzles can get a bit harder than Splosion Man, but it's pretty rewarding solving some of them. I can't wait to finish the single player and then go do some co-op online with random assholes who don't know how to play.

King Hadas Jul 16th, 2011 01:37 AM

I bought 5 games at gamestop for $31, I'm not sure if I came out ahead yet. If I can buy a game for less then it'd cost to rent it and it's a good one then usually I consider it a deal but I've only played two so far and two of the others won't load easily on my ps2 since they're blue discs.

Bioshock 2 (the premise has become a little strained but still pretty engaging)
Fable 2 (this game is a fucking mess, not sure how I feel about it yet)
RAD (blue disc)
Okage: Shadow King (blue disc)
Blood Will Tell

I almost bought a game called City Crisis as well because I thought it might be a sequel to Incredible Crisis but it turns out it was just some sort of helicopter game.

Dr. Boogie Jul 16th, 2011 01:48 AM

Blood Will Tell is awesome. Don't let the crappy voice acting dissuade you.

Same with RAD, with even more of a warning about the crappy voice work.

Fathom Zero Jul 16th, 2011 02:16 AM

RAD is a wonderful game. I just KNOW that the people that made that went on to make Earth Defense Force. They just had to.

Everything about the games is the same. And Okage sounds so familiar. :\

After looking it up, yeah I've seen it so many times in PS2 bargain bins. It was a launch title, if memory serves.

Zomboid Jul 16th, 2011 03:11 AM

Yeah, Gamestop has that crazy sale going on now. I was tempted to get Tekken 6, but I already have a lot of fighting games and when certain friends are over we get day drunk and try playing them all but usually end up back on Mortal Kombat.

I started a new game of New Vegas, specifically to play the expansions. Man, Dead Money fucking sucked. I typically try to explore as much as possible and get a real sense of what's going on, but I just wanted that shit to end as quickly as possible. I have yet to try the second one, but it can't be any worse. Other than that, I've been wandering around discovering how much ass you can kick with a high unarmed skill. I knocked a deathclaw's head off with like two punches from my spiked fists.

Fathom Zero Jul 16th, 2011 03:32 AM

Honest Hearts is soooo fucking boring. The one that comes out next week looks great, though.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 16th, 2011 08:17 AM

My parents are using Wii Fit to weigh our luggage before our trip. BOY THAT WAS A GREAT MOTHER'S DAY GIFT I'M GLAD I BOUGHT THAT FOR YOU.

Also played a little of the Uncharted 3 beta at a friend's house. Shit's pretty cool. I can see myself playing that for awhile, climbing on shit and shooting dudes. I just want the fucking campaign though.

Zomboid Jul 16th, 2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 731964)
Honest Hearts is soooo fucking boring. The one that comes out next week looks great, though.

I doubt that it's worse than Dead Money. Out of the expansions for Fallout 3, I think I liked Point Lookout the most, but the Pit was also pretty fun. Anchorage and Mothership Zeta were mediocre, and I liked Broken Steel enough that I didn't feel ripped off for getting it.

Fuck, really, anything that allowed you to make up for that horrible oversight at the climax of the vanilla game was going to be a step up. I have a super mutant, a ghoul, or a robot, but none of them will press that switch. It has to be someone who can die from it. Ok, Fallout.

darkvare Jul 16th, 2011 07:17 PM

i went the free to play way :\ and got champions online so if you wanna play or mock me or whatever just let me know

Chojin Jul 16th, 2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 732307)
Fuck, really, anything that allowed you to make up for that horrible oversight at the climax of the vanilla game was going to be a step up. I have a super mutant, a ghoul, or a robot, but none of them will press that switch. It has to be someone who can die from it. Ok, Fallout.

yeah that was tres retarded

i went in there wearing a radiation suit and after having chowed down on like 10 bottles of rad-x. or radaway, whatever the preventative one is.

'hey this isn't bad at all okay i'll put in the code and OH GOD WHAT'

Chojin Jul 16th, 2011 08:20 PM

zeno clash is on sale on steam this weekend. i will probably get it since it looks interesting to me.

this is mostly a post to remind me to buy it tomorrow.

nvrmind i just bought it now

the next games in my list are:
-the longest journey
-dreamfall: the longest journey
-mass effect 2 (FINISH THE JOB, JAMES)
-zeno clash

with a bit of monday night combat in there somewhere; multiplayer games tend to exist on a different continuum for me

Fathom Zero Jul 17th, 2011 03:17 AM

You're not going to like Zeno Clash.

Chojin Jul 17th, 2011 06:53 AM

what makes you say that

i watched a bit of a "let's play" a few months ago and it looked interesting

i play shitty games all the goddamn time just to get ideas for my own projects and to grow as an individual