I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Television Shows (NEW ARCHER IN TWO :EEKS) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700634)

Esuohlim Apr 24th, 2011 07:21 PM

Classic Doctor Who is boring as hell, and I gave it an honest effort too with the "best" Pertwee and Tom Baker episodes. New Doctor Who is just fine with me, even the Davies episodes. I'm only up through Season 2 at the moment, though.

Guitar Woman Apr 24th, 2011 07:40 PM

Season 3 is when the dark times really get into a good rhythm. "The Runaway Bride" is the absolute worst episode of anything I've ever seen, and "Journey's End" almost gave me brain damage. It's bad.

I can only properly appreciate the classic episodes when I'm stoned as hell, and it's fair to say that yeah, they're slow and padded more often than they could be. The Caves of Androzani is probably the best episode ever, at least give that one a shot.

King Hadas Apr 25th, 2011 06:35 PM

I finally watched the last episodes of Battlestar Galactica and man they really shouldn't have introduced religion into this show. This whole last season was pretty convoluted, I guess that's the price you pay for going crazy with too many big twists.

Dimnos Apr 25th, 2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 718399)
I can only properly appreciate the classic episodes when I'm stoned as hell.

This is key. :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Hadas (Post 718451)
I finally watched the last episodes of Battlestar Galactica and man they really shouldn't have introduced religion into this show. This whole last season was pretty convoluted, I guess that's the price you pay for going crazy with too many big twists.

I thought the first two seasons were bad ass. The end of the third is where they really started to fuck it up. (The death and return of Starbuck :rolleyes ) Then season four was total shit. My friend who thought it came straight from gods ass whole keeps telling me I need to watch The Plan to make it make sense, but fuck that. I shouldnt have to watching a fucking movie for your TV series not to be crap. That and I cant get 10 minutes into without falling asleep.

Oh I also thought the fact that the Colonels wilfe being the last of the five was a total fucking cop out.

Dimnos Apr 25th, 2011 09:34 PM

OH yeah. If you havent seen all of the new Battlestar, there are spoilers in the above post. Woops.

Esuohlim Apr 25th, 2011 10:10 PM

I don't care HOW many times I have to read the same cookie-cutter BSG internet opinions, but it just bugs me how much shit Season 3 gets when it really wasn't even half as bad as everyone says it is. The finale was incredible, JERKS >:

And the whole [SPOLERS]cylons coming to terms with the fact that they're cylons[/SOPIELRS] angle of Season 4's first half was interesting as hell.

King Hadas Apr 25th, 2011 11:23 PM

I loved the third season finale. I did not love the fourth season finale.
Spoilers!

10,000 Volt Ghost May 3rd, 2011 03:42 PM

I ended up getting season 1 of Archer on DVD for $10 :) The pilot episode though........ I was only able to make it through about 8 mins. It had some funny parts but man I just couldn't sit through it.

Mad Melvin May 4th, 2011 03:52 PM

I ordered both seasons of Adventures of Pete & Pete (that have been released on DVD). How come such a great show gets such a crappy DVD release? It's just not right. :\ Still, I would buy season 3 in a heartbeat, even if the picture quality was as bad as in these two.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 9th, 2011 10:32 AM

Watched untold stories from the e.r. on TLC or history or one of those.

This guys conditions was that he was in a state of shock....except that about once a minute he would yell "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! !"

Then go back to being unresponsive to voice and touch until "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!" again.

It didn't sound so much like a rick flair whoooo.

It sounded exactly like Bender's Wooooooooooo from when he became a human then did the conga too much.

Kitsa May 12th, 2011 05:17 PM

I used to live Untold Stories of the ER :(

Mr. Kitsa watched his first ep of Dexter last night. His take: "It's like an Oz class reunion."

WhiteRat May 12th, 2011 09:01 PM

The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret is one of the funniest shows i've seen in a while. The last two episodes busted my gut open at the seams.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 17th, 2011 07:42 PM

Law and order: l.a. kicks ass. It actually has me excited about watching it each week.

Kitsa May 18th, 2011 04:41 AM

Just wrapped up season 1 of Dexter. I finally figured out that the girlfriend was the same one who annoyed the hell out of me with the fake southern accent in Boondock Saints 2.

Dimnos May 18th, 2011 05:34 AM

She will probably continue to annoy the hell out of you on Dexter too. :\

Kitsa May 18th, 2011 07:35 AM

She does :( All of the women in Dexter annoy me for some reason.

Esuohlim May 18th, 2011 01:26 PM

Then you'll love Season 2 which contains the most annoying female character on television

Kitsa May 18th, 2011 03:06 PM

If I were Dexter there'd be a fuckload of a lot more people killed.

Tadao May 18th, 2011 03:13 PM

That goes against the code. What's the number 1 rule?

Pram Maven May 18th, 2011 04:05 PM

Don't get catched.

Dimnos May 18th, 2011 05:04 PM

Which one was season 2 again? The dumb english chick and that black dude in the cabin?

Kitsa May 18th, 2011 05:16 PM

I'd revise the code as the situation dictated.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 18th, 2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 721840)
Which one was season 2 again? The dumb english chick and that black dude in the cabin?

Yeah.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 721754)
Then you'll love Season 2 which contains the most annoying female character on television

Man was she annoying. I just kept waiting and waiting...

Kitsa May 18th, 2011 08:32 PM

I kept wanting that antagonistic detective to put his kufi back on so he looked right again.

But then, I came to Dexter from Oz.

Ex Leper May 18th, 2011 10:09 PM

I recently finished watching every episode of Roseanne & That 70's Show, currently on 3rd Rock from the Sun. What old sitcom should I do next?