I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Television Shows (NEW ARCHER IN TWO :EEKS) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700634)

Dimnos Aug 4th, 2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genroxbro (Post 639841)
This topic is all about showing everybody your favorite show, anime, movie, hell even commericals. Please do not say that someone elses shows suck or say that your show or any other show is better. And no spamming or lying ok? Now, what is your favorite show? Let me introduce myself.

I cant wait for these bots to show up and start shit talking. That would be great. :lol

Dimnos Aug 7th, 2009 09:43 AM

Anyone ever watch Locked up abroad?

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 7th, 2009 10:03 AM

Just reading about it, it sounds ridiculous. I might start watching or dvr'ing it.

Dimnos Aug 7th, 2009 11:35 AM

I dvr it every week. Just watched the one from this week last night. Man the UN sucks. Why would anyone work for those corn holes? :lol

Kitsa Aug 7th, 2009 12:26 PM

I liked Locked Up Abroad when it was about stuff that wasn't the featured person's fault, like kidnappings and such. Now it just seems like a procession of fucknuts who don't realize that duct-taping heroin to yourself, trying to smuggle it onto a plane, is probably a great way to get in trouble in a third-world country.

And then it's all, "Wah! Wah! I can't go to jail, I'm an American!"

Did nobody read/see Midnight Express?

Dimnos Aug 7th, 2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 640540)
I liked Locked Up Abroad when it was about stuff that wasn't the featured person's fault, like kidnappings and such.

Yeah those are the best ones. This seasons opener was a good one. It was about two people who went to Peru or something. The girl knew she was smuggling back drugs but the guy she brought with her had no idea. He thought they were just on a vacation. They got busted and she went to a nice looking friendly womens jail while he went to a nasty hell whole where they got marched around but naked and beaten every day. I felt so bad for that dude. There was another one where it was just a dumb ass trying to smuggle drugs but he was given so many signs that it wasnt to to turn out good and had so many opportunities to just bail but didnt that it was still good.

Dimnos Aug 7th, 2009 12:54 PM

But no I have never seen that movie. Is it good?

Kitsa Aug 7th, 2009 01:20 PM

It's a classic.

I recommend both book and movie, because some details were fudged in the movie and it really painted the Turkish people in a worse light than they deserved.

It'd be enough to persuade you that trying to smuggle drugs is a dipshit idea, anyway.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 7th, 2009 01:38 PM

oh, lol, I thought you meant the movie with Tom Hanks.

Kitsa Aug 7th, 2009 03:10 PM

Nope, this one.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077928/

Billy Hayes is an interesting guy. A Turkish reporter tracked him down in Cannes a few years back and got a good interview (it's not in Turkish, although the first few sentences are).

Aimless Aug 9th, 2009 10:14 PM

I'm really trying to get into Being Human, I'll give it a few more episodes.

Esuohlim Aug 10th, 2009 06:50 PM

I keep hearing how great the West Wing is, but I hate politics! :(

Kitsa Aug 10th, 2009 07:22 PM

At first I hated the American version of The Office, but it grew on me. Same with My Name is Earl.

Dimnos Aug 11th, 2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 640987)
At first I hated the American version of The Office, but it grew on me. Same with My Name is Earl.

My Name is Earl is surprisingly funny. Especially that one with Norm McDonald.

Esuohlim Aug 12th, 2009 12:19 AM

Farscape is being re-released on DVD in November

I've never seen this show because the DVDs have been long out of print and only available for 150 bucks a season online, and now I can finally check it out since I've heard it's an amazing show which appeals to gay sci-fi fans like myself.

Has anyone else seen it? I know it's where Pub Lover's old "LIAR" avatar originated.

MetalMilitia Aug 12th, 2009 11:03 AM

I used to watch it on TV when I was 15-16 and I remember it being pretty good. No idea how badly it's aged though.

Colonel Flagg Aug 12th, 2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 641266)
Farscape is being re-released on DVD in November

I've never seen this show because the DVDs have been long out of print and only available for 150 bucks a season online, and now I can finally check it out since I've heard it's an amazing show which appeals to gay sci-fi fans like myself.

Has anyone else seen it? I know it's where Pub Lover's old "LIAR" avatar originated.

It was awesome. The premise was original, the characters were real, they were funny, they develop and the ending was UNJUSTIFIABLE. SciFi cancelled it prior to the last season, so they had to "wrap it up" with a miniseries that forced the writers to tie up all the loose ends in 4 hours. They sort of succeeded. :(

Awesome news, Milhouse.

EDIT - Now I'm not sure if SciFi was the network that cancelled the show - I seem to remember it originally was aired on another network. Can someone help me out here?

Tadao Aug 12th, 2009 01:48 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farscape

Looks like SciFi pulled the plug a whole season early. That's strange. Never seen it before, I should rent the dvds.

MajorScales Aug 20th, 2009 09:11 PM

I just finished watching Season 2 of Breaking BAd....WOW! as good or better than SiX feet under in my opinion.

Esuohlim Aug 21st, 2009 01:17 AM

Starting now I'm going to attempt to watch every episode of MST3K

Tadao Aug 21st, 2009 02:11 AM

How are you gonna do that?

executioneer Aug 21st, 2009 02:21 AM

within reason, i'm sure :/ some of the ktma eps are LOST TO TIME

Tadao Aug 21st, 2009 02:42 AM

Is there an online archive somewhere?

executioneer Aug 21st, 2009 02:50 AM

well dapcentral.org has (most) of the ones not on dvd/vhs, for starters

Esuohlim Aug 21st, 2009 02:53 AM

There's a lot of them here but quite a few are missing from the list. :(